Comcast Picks Up UConn Michigan Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Comcast Picks Up UConn Michigan Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Don't tell me you sent a scathing email before you gave them a stern talking-to.

I can get the sequence mixed up. Stern talking to before the scathing email, or scathing, devastating email first?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I love comcast. Never have any problems with it

Agreed...no problem with Comcast here either. I have had Charter and Direct TV and both were awful for me. It is amazing how everyone has very strong opinions about providers....often on both sides for each provider.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
So the OP says that the game will be on Channel 192 in my area. Currently, 192 is showing televangelists. Will this channel be preempted to show the game at 9:30. The current info on channel 192 says ''Leased Access". I just want to make sure I don't need to call Comcast to add any channels to my package to watch the game.

Reaction Score
My Comcast story. This morning I called them because I was having trouble with email (like, no email). After putting my account through some diagnostics (problem was at my end with my PC) the nice lady says "You've been with us for a long time, why hasn't anyone offer you a discount?" Huh? Bottom line they added the premium package (HBO, etc), added my phone line so I can drop my Frontier land line, and reduced my monthly charge by $40. They're definitely trying to keep the potential cord cutters.

Of course I'm dropping cable after UConn's BB season is over and switching to my Amazon Fire TV with MLB Gameday.

Be careful, wouldn't be surprised if that discount was temporary and your monthly bill goes up in 3 months when the phone line and HBO kick in.

Reaction Score
If UConn wins, then Thanksgiving game and Friday game on ESPN network.

If UConn doesn't beat Michigan - well.... lets not go there. Beat Michigan !

atlantisbracket.0.jpg
I see this and I think 5 National Champions in here in last 17 years. Pretty impressive tournament....thanks to UConn and a very slight thanks to Carmelo Anthony.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you want to pay 8883 to represent me in my divorce, sure.

I was getting static when the game wasn't on TV and I mentioned going out. ( but she would've capitulated). Now that it's on ( and she knows it) I think I will have to exercise a rare turn of common sense and stay in tonight.

Let's do it next time. - and don't twist this into me blowing you off again :)

Getting up for work was particularly difficult today. I would thank god it's Thanksgiving tomorrow - except for, you know, having to choke down Turkey.

Good seeing you last night 8893.
Hey, who's this '83 guy, my bizzaro double?

Good seeing (and hearing!) you again, too.

Speaking of divorces, hanging with divorced guys (your buddy and mine) usually seems to result in tough mornings for me, too. Thank God for the text I got from my client last night telling me that she couldn't meet early this morning as planned, so we had to meet at 9:30; and for the fact that she was running ten minutes late...and our meeting place was all-too conveniently near a regular bacon/egg/cheese/hard roll spot. So great to have the clothes starting to fit tighter even before Thanksgiving...

Oh, and about the turkey--running late this morning allowed me to catch this gem from Al Roker: "I see the turkey solely as the delivery vehicle for stuffing."

A man after your own stomach.

Reaction Score

I'm looking through my Comcast channel directory and there's no 190 or 192. 90 says "leased tv" with no specific listings all day. Anyone know if that will that be AXS TV when game time rolls around?

I'm in Bristol.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

I'm looking through my Comcast channel directory and there's no 190 or 192. 90 says "leased tv" with no specific listings all day. Anyone know if that will that be AXS TV when game time rolls around?

I'm in Bristol.

Same here in Hamden. Maybe it will be available at game time. If not, my UM son who lives in Westchester gets AXS so will Skype the game to me. That is being a fanatic, especially with other family staying here for the week. But the younger ones will be in bed, so I don't feel that guilty.

Reaction Score
Be careful, wouldn't be surprised if that discount was temporary and your monthly bill goes up in 3 months when the phone line and HBO kick in.
Hope not, but my confirmation email says it's a one year promotion.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Here's Dom Amore's blog about the current status of TV coverage.

LINK. Go there and comment about Cox.

Reaction Score
Same here in Hamden. Maybe it will be available at game time. If not, my UM son who lives in Westchester gets AXS so will Skype the game to me. That is being a fanatic, especially with other family staying here for the week. But the younger ones will be in bed, so I don't feel that guilty.

Yeah I don't think we are actually getting AXSTV. We are getting the broadcast of the channel on a leased channel for a definite period of time. They probably reserve the channel for cases such as these so they don't have to actually add a channel.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I've got a preacher in Pittsburgh from 1982 on channel 90 right now.

Reaction Score
Was hoping to watch some of the other tourney games on comcast. Turned on channel 190 to see a preacher informing me that "the jews have lost their way".

Thanks Comcast.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
At 7 someone with Comcast needs to make sure the Texas game is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom