Comcast drops Big Ten Network from some out-of-market areas | The Boneyard

Comcast drops Big Ten Network from some out-of-market areas

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Has one of these Cable vs Network dust ups ever resolved without the network returning to air waves?

Doesn’t seem like a dust up.

The carriage out of the footprint is like .10 a month.

These networks are in a heap of trouble.

The Pac-12 network is going to go out like the MTN in 5 years.

These are not networks people are going to make direct payments for.

Reaction Score
Has one of these Cable vs Network dust ups ever resolved without the network returning to air waves?

Conveniently, not much to watch right now. Michigan's hoops run is over and, other than Indiana, not much to see with B1G baseball.

Perhaps carriers will do what many subscribers do and "cancel" for the off-season.

Reaction Score
I feel that we who are not in B1G land and that includes the NYC DMA should not have either the ACCN not the BTN forced down our throats if we want to watch sports programming. There are no teams in those conferences that are relevant to New England/NYC.

Reaction Score
Conveniently, not much to watch right now. Michigan's hoops run is over and, other than Indiana, not much to see with B1G baseball.

Perhaps carriers will do what many subscribers do and "cancel" for the off-season.

Reaction Score

I can hear it now in Comcast customer service. Hi this is Vinny from Staten Island. What are you telling me? I can’t watch Rutgers vs Purdue? Get outa here, I got 50 on this game. You’re killing me bro.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
They can pick up those 3.5M people in Oklahoma. I’m sure everyone there has cable.
They sure do!

f9418fa6-a491-400f-a7be-80cbc9abe05f_1000.jpg

Use it for stump pulling mostly.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I can hear it now in Comcast customer service. Hi this is Vinny from Staten Island. What are you telling me? I can’t watch Rutgers vs Purdue? Get outa here, I got 50 on this game. You’re killing me bro.

Maybe you are aware, but all of nyc is altice/ cablevision, so no impact.

That said, this means no more BTN coverage in NE/Boston which throws a big dent in Delaney’s BOSTON to DC plans.

Plus, Virgina is probably conserved out of market too.

All in all this is very big news - both good and bad for us.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I feel that we who are not in B1G land and that includes the NYC DMA should not have either the ACCN not the BTN forced down our throats if we want to watch sports programming. There are no teams in those conferences that are relevant to New England/NYC.

Are you saying BCU is irrelevant?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Comcast will not provide BTN coverage outside of the Big Ten footprint. Will the Big Ten respond by expanding footprint? Could this have anything to do with UConn just sanding down the conference logo at Gampel? LBM will neither confirm nor deny. Is something BIG about to happen? Will continue to press him for details.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom