Combine List - no Larrier or Vital | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Combine List - no Larrier or Vital

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I kind of thought Tremont Waters had a shot despite being a smallish person.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I kind of thought Tremont Waters had a shot despite being a smallish person.

Skills for days, but he would look like a middle school kid playing in the NBA atm. He's tiny.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Your next comment providing any kind of basketball insight will be your first.

Was choosing to take the news of "An insider hears we're in a good place with Jaden Delaire" and using the behavior of a different coaching staff to draw an irrationally pessimistic reaction "basketball insight?"

Reaction Score
Was choosing to take the news of "An insider hears we're in a good place with Jaden Delaire" and using the behavior of a different coaching staff to draw an irrationally pessimistic reaction "basketball insight?"
Any news on the Jalen Lecque reclass. Heard the new staff think its in the bag. I dont know how everyone reads Delaire. The family is keeping it tight

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Any news on the Jalen Lecque reclass. Heard the new staff think its in the bag. I dont know how everyone reads Delaire. The family is keeping it tight

First I've heard of that. I would think there's very little chance, if any. He'll probably go to Duke or the like anyway.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis:
Then there is another class of non-invited players: underclassmen who hired agents. These guys are not allowed to return to school. The list includes Louisville forwards Deng Adel and Ray Spalding, Kansas guard Lagerald Vick, UConn forward Terry Larrier, Auburn guard Mustapha Heron and Texas A&M forward DJ Hogg. I have two points to make here. First, I want to know who advised them to turn pro and sign with agents. I mean literally, I want names. Because whoever did so should never give anyone advice again.

Holy hell does Seth Davis think he's more important than he actually is. Even for him that's nervy.

Not everybody wants to be a college basketball player. It's possible - possible - that, gasp, some of these young adults made decisions on their own knowing full well what the result would be.

"I want names." Christ.

Reaction Score
Holy hell does Seth Davis think he's more important than he actually is. Even for him that's nervy.

Not everybody wants to be a college basketball player. It's possible - possible - that, gasp, some of these young adults made decisions on their own knowing full well what the result would be.

"I want names." Christ.

Seth Davis is a blowhard.

Still, a pretty ignominious achievement for Larrier.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis:
Then there is another class of non-invited players: underclassmen who hired agents. These guys are not allowed to return to school. The list includes Louisville forwards Deng Adel and Ray Spalding, Kansas guard Lagerald Vick, UConn forward Terry Larrier, Auburn guard Mustapha Heron and Texas A&M forward DJ Hogg. I have two points to make here. First, I want to know who advised them to turn pro and sign with agents. I mean literally, I want names. Because whoever did so should never give anyone advice again.

In some way Spalding shows some potential but not consistently. If any of those names could be my dark horse yet still a long shot I would pick him.

Reaction Score
My question is how did Kostas Antetokounmpo get an invite? He barely played for Dayton (5.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, and 0.4 apg.)

Reaction Score
There's really nothing worse than visiting the Boneyard, forgetting you're not logged in, and inadvertently seeing one of your posts. Truly the worst.
I feel like you are cheating on me.

Reaction Score
I guess. Hes nowhere near Giannis though.

Was at their game at URI last year...and there was a (very) hearty/loud chant, with finger-pointing, from the student section when he was at the FT line of: "YOU'RE NOT GIANNIS...YOU'RE NOT GIANNIS..."
Probably not too original, but quite true....

Reaction Score
Meh, Terry was an academic Senior. He could have come back but I can’t blame him for moving on to the next stage of life.
Hope Terry gets a shot at playing somewhere. It won't be in the NBA because at this time he isn't good enough. He earned his degree and it is time to move on. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis:
There is no better way to put it. NCAA college ball (and I assume college football) has a shades issue. Too many shady people hover around, get in anyones ear who is within ear shot and give all sorts of bad advice or inflated opinions. Hope this can be fixed.

Reaction Score
Completely rando question - is graduation way earlier now than it used to be?
I graduated in 1996 on I think May 15th or 18th... whatever that Saturday in the middle of the month was.
They graduate this early now? Seems weird!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Seth Davis is a blowhard.

Still, a pretty ignominious achievement for Larrier.

Blah.

Larrier should not be on that list.

Larrier has graduated college and like thousands of other UConn ‘18 graduates, he decided that he’s going to move on and make a living instead of going to grad school - that’s a perfectly mature decision.

I would have liked to have seen him come back next year - I think a year with a different system might have done wonders for him - but the NBA wasn’t likely in his future, so heading overseas now is an extra year in the bank.

Reaction Score
Blah.

Larrier should not be on that list.

Larrier has graduated college and like thousands of other UConn ‘18 graduates, he decided that he’s going to move on and make a living instead of going to grad school - that’s a perfectly mature decision.

I would have liked to have seen him come back next year - I think a year with a different system might have done wonders for him - but the NBA wasn’t likely in his future, so heading overseas now is an extra year in the bank.

He didn't tweet that and hasn't written anything on the Athletic in a few weeks, so not sure where that poster got that "quote". Unless he deleted that tweet and replaced it with something more reasonable, in which case Seth probably agrees with you. The only tweet I could find just said they should be able to choose to go back if they didn't get drafted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom