Colombia Game - We're filthy | The Boneyard

Colombia Game - We're filthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Olander had a very very nice putback slam.
Napier is playing off the charts. Steals, shots, dishes. The guy is really becoming a huge asset and the team leader that every NC team needs.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
THAT was nice. Very, very nice.

Reaction Score
We're playing VERY unselfish ball. EVERYBODY is passing. People are moving.

Our defense? It's god damn filthy is what it is. Most of their points have come on fairly low percentage shots.

Damn, I haven't had this much fun with basketball since that time in Toledo with the blonde and the asian.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Shabazz looks like the best player on the court, followed closely by Tyler and jeremy

Reaction Score
Our defense is going to be so filthy this year, best in the country. Shabazz looks awesome, everyone is moving around well, looking to make the extra pass.

Reaction Score
We're up 15 about half way through the half.
Everybody looks like they're all-in.
Columbia looks overwhelmed.
We are completely swarming them when they are dribbling - very little oxygen.
Filthy.
Annual+Mud+Day+Celebration+Lets+Kids+Get+Dirty+rOS7KBcnzkel.jpg

Reaction Score
Everyone has constantly been saying Shabazz is not Kemba, do not expect him to be. Obviously this is true... Shabazz is Shabazz and we cannot expect him to play for us the way Kemba did last year. But I'll be d-mned if he doesn't resemble last year's Kemba quite a bit tonight. Fearless in every aspect of the game thus far... draining a couple of 3 pointers within 5-10 seconds of the shot clock (a move that many young players would be afraid to do in the past for fear of getting yanked by Calhoun if they missed). Plays like that only make him better, because then the defense has to play him tight on the perimeter and it sets him up to take them off the dribble.

Not to mention his awesome defense. This team is looking AWESOME for a team in one of its first games. Mistakes made of course, but they still look great.

Reaction Score
We definitely have some kinks to work out.
I recall Olander being told last year that there might not be a lot of PT for him.
What does he do?
Work like a fiend and up his game.
He starts.
My kind of man.

Reaction Score
Drummond is foul prone.
Will definitely need to work on staying out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
So far so good. We're definitely a force to be reckoned with on the break. AO showing off his newly developed range.

Reaction Score
Napier is absolutely fearless going to the rim. Really. This guy is a stud. I never saw it coming. That's why I'm not a talent scout. He just looks like he's doing what he wants out there right now.

Reaction Score
Some people don't realize how good a shooter Shabazz is, when he has his feet set he's almost automatic.

Reaction Score
We definitely have some kinks to work out.
I recall Olander being told last year that there might not be a lot of PT for him.
What does he do?
Work like a fiend and up his game.
He starts.
My kind of man.

Tyler is really getting up the court in transition.

Reaction Score
Obviously there are kinks to be worked out since the season just started but you can tell when everyone is healthy and in the flow of the game we don't have a weakness.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
They did enough wrong to give JC some fire and brimstone material for halftime. I really feel bad for Columbia being the guys who have to play against the guys who come out after JC's half time tirade.

Reaction Score
No Giffey - I assume he's still injured.
No Wolf - Can't see him getting any PT this year.
DD - didn't see the court much.
Roscoe - looking great. Doing his thing - running, guarding, and boarding like a fiend.

Reaction Score
from watching, TO and RS are playing VERY well. Not in the stas, but playing very well. What's with our Frosh super-star??

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Roscoe is a stunningly good rebounder. Good position instincts, and none of this volleyball crap. Goes up and secures it with two hands.

Reaction Score
Lamb pulled a Kemba to close out the half. Everyone wanted to know who would step up and take the last shot -- clearly that player is Lamb. He might not be particularly vociferous, but he's a cold-blooded assassin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom