Colombia Game - We're filthy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Colombia Game - We're filthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OMG! this could be the greatest college team ever!

OMG! My life is so pathetic I feel the need to go onto a message board on a Friday night for a team I don't even like and mock posters!

Why won't anyone invite me to do something fun?

Reaction Score
Oriakhi drains it 1 step inside the 3 line. NICE>

For his only bucket of the game. We need to work on that, especially against inferior opponents. Play a top ten team and he is good for a double double. How does this happen? Lack of focus?

Reaction Score
For his only bucket of the game. We need to work on that, especially against inferior opponents. Play a top ten team and he is good for a double double. How does this happen? Lack of focus?
If the problem is that Alex gets up for big games but not small games . . .
I'm okay with that!! ;)
Much, much better than the other way. :eek:

Reaction Score
They did enough wrong to give JC some fire and brimstone material for halftime. I really feel bad for Columbia being the guys who have to play against the guys who come out after JC's half time tirade.

Ahem, Coumbia 36 UConn 33 in the 2nd half...still feel bad? Did we watch the same game?

Reaction Score
If the problem is that Alex gets up for big games but not small games . . .
I'm okay with that!! ;)
Much, much better than the other way. :eek:

I am sure all the NBA scouts would agree.....

Reaction Score
They were up by 10 seven minutes and and the game got as close as 9 the rest of the way. Looks closer than it was.........

Reaction Score
We had 20% of the contribution from our 4 or 5 compared to my expectations before the game. I am not worried about our front court this year- thats a good sign.

Bazz was great. J Lamb looked like Rip. Love R Smith and DD.

Very good game in lots of ways.

Reaction Score
We lost a little focus in the second half, and some credit to Columbia for not rolling over when we built 17-point leads. The walk-ons only got in for one possession, which is a mini-victory for them. Games like this sometimes start slow (i.e. tied 30-30 with Yale at the half in 2003-04) before the run comes late. This one was a great first half and a blecch second half. I think we have to make a point to get Alex and Andre involved offensively and into their comfort level in a couple of these tune-ups, but there's time. The overmatched teams will play zone or collapse and take away the inside, while crossing their fingers that the jumpers don't fall.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Let's not get carried away. A lot of good things but far from a masterpiece.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't recognize all the trolls.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
TO is totally focused all the time, and has very quick hands for a big, showing a lot of the people who considered hime to be no more than a local yokel. He plays big time, and I've seen him in Gampel working for over 90 minutes on the 15 footer. Kid is somthin else
Olander is playing like a beast. Showing a sweet shooting touch, then getting back for a defense for a forceful rejection.

Reaction Score
I'm a bit surprised at JC's rotation, or lack of it, this early in the season. Every one of the starters seemed to play 30 mins or better. Man, can't believe the bench will be that short!

Reaction Score
I'm a bit surprised at JC's rotation, or lack of it, this early in the season. Every one of the starters seemed to play 30 mins or better. Man, can't believe the bench will be that short!

There were only 8 scholarship players in uniform last night. Wolf was the only one who didn't get a fair amount of playing time. Boat, Giffey, and Bradley were all in street clothes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
for the first game it was ok, not great especially from our bigs and our rebounding... once we start rolling than watch out

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Shabazz needs to look to distribute more and score only when they play off of him. He really needs to get the bigs involved more. We have a size advantage over most teams and took no advantage of it against a mid-pack Ivy team.

Reaction Score
Shabazz needs to look to distribute more and score only when they play off of him. He really needs to get the bigs involved more. We have a size advantage over most teams and took no advantage of it against a mid-pack Ivy team.

I agree, we need more/better ball movement in general. One the biggest problems with our half-court offense is that Bazz spends too much time pounding the ball at the top of the key. I'm not saying that we should just pass the ball around the perimeter, but some quick ball reversal should free up our bigs on the interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom