Collier in Minnesota | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Collier in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
22,11 and 5. So nobody can guard her or they just ignore her ... hmmmm, which is it?

Reaction Score
If Napheesa had a back to basket post in the class with her and Lou, I can only imagine how much more of a stellar college career she would’ve had. Just imagine if she didn’t have to shoulder all of the load in the post.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Things I learned on the BY today:
Tiff has more cartilage in her nose than average.

If you like Napheesa and/or women's basketball, how can you not like and enjoy watching the WNBA? I love watching Pheesa play and enjoy the success she's having. Go Pheesa!! UConn Nation is still firmly behind you.
You're our ROY!!! :D

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
If you like Napheesa and/or women's basketball, how can you not like and enjoy watching the WNBA? I love watching Pheesa play and enjoy the success she's having. Go Pheesa!! UConn Nation is still firmly behind you.
You're our ROY!!! :D
I find most WNBA games don't hold my attention very long, and don't at all when UConn players aren't playing. That said there are exceptions, the most notable of which was last years Pheonix/Seattle playoff which was a blast to watch.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Napheesa had a back to basket post in the class with her and Lou, I can only imagine how much more of a stellar college career she would’ve had. Just imagine if she didn’t have to shoulder all of the load in the post.

I think Pheesa's drop in performance in her Junior year was in large part due to difficulties trying to coordinate both Azure and Naphessa around the paint. And Azure was more flexible than most 'back to basket' posts allowing better spacing. And her Senior Year was Naismith worthy so in the end, her college career was fantastic.

Of course if she had a talented passing post (and excellent screeners) like Shepard or Steph, all bets are off.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I find most WNBA games don't hold my attention very long, and don't at all when UConn players aren't playing. That said there are exceptions, the most notable of which was last years Pheonix/Seattle playoff which was a blast to watch.

There are some teams that I don't care to watch either. Phoenix, Indiana, Washington, Atlanta and Connecticut. My favorites are the Aces' the Wings, the Liberty and my hometown Sparks. Nirvana is attending an Aces game in Las Vegas, then going to a fine restaurant and having a celebratory dinner (after an Aces win) and cocktails afterwards with friends. It just doesn't get any better than that. ;)

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
LOL! East/West coast dichotomy at work here, evidently. Never liked the Sparks; I like some of the Aces, but can't get by my distaste for Cambage; the Wings are just awful plus there's the whole Ogumbowale thing and, of course, cutting Chong. I like the Liberty because of Kia. Agree with you on Phoenix, Indiana, and Atlanta. I love watching Washington (Delle Donne, Meesseman, Atkins, Cloud, Tolliver), Connecticut (LOVE Alyssa Thomas), and Minnesota, the latter pretty much because of Collier.

Reaction Score
Yeah that series had DT and Stewie - 2 of our 3 UConn GOATs - plus Sue, all playing at an extremely high level. Super competitive, Sue coming right back out with the mask after breaking her nose (unlike EDD last week), that series pretty much had it all.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I did not watch WNBA games before this season. I watch now mainly because of Collier. Also, I have read statements by some BYers that the officiating in the WNBA is bad. After watching many games this season, I find that the posters that made those comments were actually being kind. As a former official, high school and women's college, I find the officiating inept in some cases. Why do so many players get away with obvious moving screens? Do they recognize traveling when they see it? I saw a player this week take six steps and it was not called. Maybe the rules are no longer the same.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I did not watch WNBA games before this season. I watch now mainly because of Collier. Also, I have read statements by some BYers that the officiating in the WNBA is bad. After watching many games this season, I find that the posters that made those comments were actually being kind. As a former official, high school and women's college, I find the officiating inept in some cases. Why do so many players get away with obvious moving screens? Do they recognize traveling when they see it? I saw a player this week take six steps and it was not called. Maybe the rules are no longer the same.
The level of play and shooting in the WNBA may have been at an all-time high last year. This season's games don't appeal to me nearly as much. Sue, Diana, Maya, Moriah, and Stewie are out. Gabby is being played out of position, Lou strangely rarely plays, and Tiffany's game is off. Kia and Pheesa have been highlights. And it's not just the Huskies' absences; the league is competitive, but the level of play is not the same as last year. The last I looked, overall shooting was down by 3 percentage points relative to last year.

Reaction Score
Game night!

Sun @ Lynx - 8/09/19
Minneapolis, MN - 8:00 PM ET
TV: CBS Sports Network, NESN+

Stream:

Steam:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

Reaction Score
24-14 MIN end of first

Dantas 8 pts, 1 ast

Collier 1 reb, 1 stl

Reaction Score
Collier hits a three!

Everything going right so far for the Lynx.
31-14 Lynx with 8:41 left in first half

Reaction Score
Lynx putting a beatin' on the Sun!

49-21 with 2+ min left in the first half.

Reaction Score
54-25 MIN at the half

Fowles 13 pts, 7 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk
Collier 4 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 3 stl

JJones 8 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl

The Sun aren't looking like a team that has won 7 games in a row.

Reaction Score
89-57 Lynx final
Lynx takes season series from Sun
Sun has 7-game win streak snapped.

Fowles 17 pts, 12 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 3 blk
Collier got extended minutes to keep Augustus' minutes low
Collier 10 pts, 8 reb, 2 ast, 4 stl

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It wasn't a great offensive night for Napheesa, but (as usual) she seemed to be everywhere. Tipping passes on defense, tipping rebounds to teammates, bumping opponents just off of where they wanted to be . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom