Collier in Minnesota | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Collier in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In the most comprehensive "Efficiency" stat which attempts to positively weigh positive stats and negatively weigh negative stats,

=((PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK) - ((FGA - FGM) + (FTA - FTM) + TO)) / G).

Naphessa is ranked 12. All 11 players ahead of her are in the All Star game and many lower than her.

Start the investigation. ;)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Who do you think she should replace.
Natasha Howard. Seriously, my first thought when I saw Pheesa wasn't included was that maybe they'll select her to replace Howard.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Be careful Dookie. You're critisizing NAPHEESA COLLIER on a Uconn fan site. Tread softly. Most of us here got our Collier tatoos four years ago and she's never given us any reason to regret it.

ain't nobody criticizing nobody.... I just asked the question... Who should she replace? On what planet is that a criticism? Lawd Hammercy

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ain't nobody criticizing nobody.... I just asked the question... Who should she replace? On what planet is that a criticism? Lawd Hammercy
You're right triad. I meant to say questioning and to just point out that loyalty to Napheesa on this site runs deep. I follow her every game online, watch her when I can, think she may be my favorite alltime Huskie but I can't answer your question. I don't know who she could replace.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Not enough in my opinion.

Ok, but I think given the evidence, Collier didn't have many "critics" during her time at UConn.

In fact, I think the main reason she didn't receive even more praise during her college career was because she was classmates with KLS, who also happened to be selected two slots higher than her in the draft.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You're right triad. I meant to say questioning and to just point out that loyalty to Napheesa on this site runs deep. I follow her every game online, watch her when I can, think she may be my favorite alltime Huskie but I can't answer your question. I don't know who she could replace.

I'd like to see her replace Howard.

Reaction Score
Ok, but I think given the evidence, Collier didn't have many "critics" during her time at UConn.

In fact, I think the main reason she didn't receive even more praise during her college career was because she was classmates with KLS, who also happened to be selected two slots higher than her in the draft.

Still scratch my head at that. KLS is playing the lease less than several 2nd round picks. It's not like she is on a loaded team or anything. She has only played in 4 games thus far. That is pretty low compared to several other picks lower than her.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Still scratch my head at that. KLS is playing the lease less than several 2nd round picks. It's not like she is on a loaded team or anything. She has only played in 4 games thus far. That is pretty low compared to several other picks lower than her.
Uh, probably because she's injured?

Reaction Score
She is back and able to Play. She wasn't out very long with that. Even before the wrist she didn't play much.

Just stating my opinion that I don't think she was worthy of that pick. However, everyone who's been reading my last few post know I also don't agree with No.1 pick.

Reaction Score
If selection to the All-Star team as a starter was based upon an efficiency rating, Napheesa would have been a starter. But it is based upon a number of factors. I still think fan voting should be the least important factor since obviously what team you play for and the size of your fan base can make a big difference. Napheesa is a great player, an All-Star, and she has many years of WNBA basketball ahead of her. Not sure what the problem is. Does she deserve to be a starter at her position? Maybe, but let her pay her dues and earn her stripes. She'll be fine.

Reaction Score
If selection to the All-Star team as a starter was based upon an efficiency rating, Napheesa would have been a starter. But it is based upon a number of factors. I still think fan voting should be the least important factor since obviously what team you play for and the size of your fan base can make a big difference. Napheesa is a great player, an All-Star, and she has many years of WNBA basketball ahead of her. Not sure what the problem is. Does she deserve to be a starter at her position? Maybe, but let her pay her dues and earn her stripes. She'll be fine.

I think a lot of the reserves could give reasons why they should be a starter.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Not only did she get injured, she got injured at the worst possible time.

She had probably her best minutes of the season in the game where she got injured and with Faulkner still out and Ndour at Eurobasket there would have been more opportunity for playing time.

Now, she's healthy again, but Faulkner and Ndour are back too. James Wade has been rolling with a rotation of Sloot-Quigley-DeShields-Lavender-Dolson (starters) and Williams, Copper, Parker (bench). Chicago isn't loaded but the Sky are fairly deep. KLS needs to play the 3 but she's like the 4th option at that position behind DeShields, Copper, and Williams.

Fair to question why they picked her in the first place because they had depth on the wing. I've been critical of Wade for not playing her enough myself. However, he is under pressure to make the playoffs and the standings are bunched pretty tight right now. It's easy for me to say Lou should play more from section 124.

Reaction Score
Not only did she get injured, she got injured at the worst possible time.

She had probably her best minutes of the season in the game where she got injured and with Faulkner still out and Ndour at Eurobasket there would have been more opportunity for playing time.

Now, she's healthy again, but Faulkner and Ndour are back too. James Wade has been rolling with a rotation of Sloot-Quigley-DeShields-Lavender-Dolson (starters) and Williams, Copper, Parker (bench). Chicago isn't loaded but the Sky are fairly deep. KLS needs to play the 3 but she's like the 4th option at that position behind DeShields, Copper, and Williams.

Fair to question why they picked her in the first place because they had depth on the wing. I've been critical of Wade for not playing her enough myself. However, he is under pressure to make the playoffs and the standings are bunched pretty tight right now. It's easy for me to say Lou should play more from section 124.

I like your analysis. I wondered why they picked her also. Not that she doesn't have the talent, but based on the same reason you said. It didn't make a lot of sense. I understand why Jackson was drafted and isn't playing as much considering she is a 2nd round pick and doesn't have much of a 3pt shot.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

For me, she doesn't deserve to start. I think the frontcourt starters that were selected are all clearly ahead of her.

She has a clear argument for being a reserve. I think being a rookie worked against her. The reserves are chosen by the coaches, some of whom may have only played against her once.

She and Dearica Hamby are probably the two biggest all-star snubs. It's pretty crowded among the forwards. They easily could be there but I think both lost out to players who are more known quantities compared to a rookie in Collier and a 6th woman in Hamby who is having a career best year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not being selected only works in her favor in providing motivation. Also losing Shepard hurt since she clearly had the best understanding of how to optimize Pheesa's talents (and visa-versa). Can't wait until she is back healthy.

Reaction Score
Game day!
Storm @ Lynx - 7/17/19
Minneapolis, MN - 8:00 PM ET
TV: NBA TV, Fox Sports North, NBA TV Canada

League Pass:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Our "mature beyond her years" spokesman commenting on Fowles league-record 158th double-double. . :)

"The things that (Fowles) does, it's because she's so consistent with it that people don't acknowledge it as much as they should, but the passes that she catches, the things she can do, defensively, she can guard guards, I mean she can guard guards on the perimeter," rookie teammate Napheesa Collier, who had 14 points with 11 rebounds versus Phoenix, told the Lynx's official website.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not a good UConn day in the Lynx / Storm game. Naphessa having a poor shooting game and KML tweeked her foot and was lited after only 2 minutes of play :(

Reaction Score
Game day!
Lynx @ Aces - 7/21/19
Las Vegas, NV - 6:00 PM ET
TV: MYLVTV

League Pass:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online