Collier in Minnesota | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Collier in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Speaking of Dallas rookies, Gustafson, now back with the team due to injuries elsewhere, is showing she can hang in the league. Only getting spot minutes right now (around 10mpg), but averaging: 5.4ppg, 3.8rpg, while shooting 62.5%.

Very nice to see but I think she needs to get at least a bit quicker. Maybe some weight loss?

Reaction Score
7251170A-F8B6-4142-A930-ABA9F29EE775.jpeg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A bit surprised Jackie Young's efficiency numbers are not better. :confused:
She can't stop the habit of trying to make Arike not look so bad :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Collier is a baller!! She’s intelligent, has a high BB IQ, and has become a sponge since joining the Lynx. She’ll be fine. I look at the box scores for every WNBA game to see who did what that game. I can say that only a scant few players have good to great games every night.

I’m including seasoned veterans also in my observations. A player can have 16/7 one night, and 6/2 the next game. Every player has an off night. There are so many factors that contribute to an “off” night.

Fatigue, home or road game, who is guarding you, your rhythm is not in sync, etc. Tina Charles, Kayla McBride, Jonquel Jones, and Chelsea Gray and a few others are more or less consistent night in and night out. If you’re a coach, all you can do is hope that enough of your players are ON that night to get the job done.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
A bit surprised Jackie Young's efficiency numbers are not better. :confused:

Jackie Young actually has the highest +/- of any rookie consistently playing at +2.8, ahead of Collier who's at +2.1. (Shepard, in just six games played, was an amazing +5.3).

While she continues to struggle from the field (though not as much as Plum at the moment), she seems to have become the team's main distributor, notching at least EIGHT(!) assists in three of their past four games. She leads all rookies with 4.5apg.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Very nice to see but I think she needs to get at least a bit quicker. Maybe some weight loss?

I suppose that every player probably wants to be quicker, Megan included. But having watched her quite often for three years or so, she always seemed to be in the right place to make the necessary play. She is a big woman, yes. But my sense is that she is in good shape, having played successfully on teams that liked to run. She is just a beast near the rim. A side note: In her initial WNBA job, she was asked to be a shooter, including from the arc (like Moma Stef). This role wasn't something Megan could handle, and she was cut. I think this was some crummy management. She is now being used in a way that amplifies her considerable talent and strength. I really like her; she is a first-class person and teammate.

Reaction Score
Dream @ Lynx - 7/02/19
Minneapolis, MN - 8:00 PM ET
TV: CBS Sports Network

Stream:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's called the "Boneyard Effect."
Hard to get too excited about this when we see that Candace Parker is getting a ton of votes despite barely playing and looking mostly crappy when she has played.

Reaction Score
i would like to see the Lynx incorporate more movement for NC in their offense. Seems like she stands on one of the wings for most of the shot clock (but I have only seen a few games).

Plebe

Reaction Score
CP benefitting from the "other" rabid WCBB fan base
Lord knows she's been almost the only thing they can get excited about for quite a while now.

Reaction Score
i would like to see the Lynx incorporate more movement for NC in their offense. Seems like she stands on one of the wings for most of the shot clock (but I have only seen a few games).

That was probably when she was playing SF, although she moved plenty then. Until Fâgbenle or Dantas returns to the active roster, she’ll be a full time PF out of necessity.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm watching last night's game now. I've noticed that Pheesa has been alone in the lane with her hands up and Renee Montgomery guarding her two or three times in the first half. Even with a clear passing lane, they haven't passed to her. She's got, what, 5-6 inches on Montgomery and it's not a priority to take advantage of the mismatch?

Reaction Score
Hard to get too excited about this when we see that Candace Parker is getting a ton of votes despite barely playing and looking mostly crappy when she has played.
Despite her being a Tennessee alumna, she is really a great player. It’s unfortunate that she’s had to deal with an injury thus far that took away both playing time and ability for her this year, but when she’s healthy she’s one of the best players in the world.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Despite her being a Tennessee alumna, she is really a great player. It’s unfortunate that she’s had to deal with an injury thus far that took away both playing time and ability for her this year, but when she’s healthy she’s one of the best players in the world.
No dispute here. But All-Star selection should be based on current season performance, not reputation or previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom