Collier in Minnesota | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Collier in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Lynx are getting their money’s worth out of Collier. She played 38 minutes tonight. That speaks as to her value to the team, and how much her coach values her presence on the floor. No surprise that she’s been a starter from day one.

Having her rookie year behind her, and a season of European basketball under her belt, I look for Collier to put up better numbers across the board in year two.
...and perhaps, just perhaps, make the 2020 Olympic team.

Reaction Score
...and perhaps, just perhaps, make the 2020 Olympic team.

With veterans coming back, that’ll be a tough one. But you never know.

Bird/Gray
Taurasi/Loyd/McBride
Moore/McCoughtry
Stewart/Delle Donne/Wilson
Griner/Fowles

Something like that, if all these players are wanting to be on the team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Bird/Gray
Taurasi/Loyd/McBride
Moore/McCoughtry
Griner/Fowles

I think there's someone named Tina who will be on the team.

Some players, unfortunately, may be injured. So the "locks" aren't always locks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Lynx are getting their money’s worth out of Collier. She played 38 minutes tonight. That speaks as to her value to the team, and how much her coach values her presence on the floor. No surprise that she’s been a starter from day one.

Having her rookie year behind her, and a season of European basketball under her belt, I look for Collier to put up better numbers across the board in year two.
Phee is averaging 32.4 minutes per game, 3rd in the league, behind only Griner and Bonner.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Collier/Durr/McCowan all having the most consistent rookie seasons right now. Arike could crack top 2 or 3 if she gets more consistency (after last game, she actually leads rookies in ppg, but her FG% is still under 35%). McCowan averaging an absurd 7rpg in less than 20mpg.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
McCowan is tied for the league lead in offensive rebounds.... with much less court time. Pretty impressive for a rookie.

How much better will all of these current rookies be next year when they return for year two, shedding that "rookie" label, being much more comfortable and with full knowledge and understanding of what they're doing? None of them are going to regress. I expect their numbers to increase across the board. ;) It delights me to no end to see Phee enjoying the early success she 's having right now. I check her box score after every game. To be honest, are we really surprised that she would make that adjustment this quickly? Kara Lawson told us she would after watching her during the USA team trials.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unless Maya doesn’t want to come back or is traded, I don’t see how Collier doesn’t have a backup role with the Lynx next season.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Bird/Gray
Taurasi/Loyd/McBride
Moore/McCoughtry
Griner/Fowles

Next year is next year. The problem with athletes is you are a fine player until you aren't. Teams want to win, and win now. Your name and your reputation may get you the start, but over the season if you ain't, you ain't. Older veterans get injured, find less playing time and start asking for trades or get traded. Players retire because of injury, not because they don't feel the need, the urge or that their belief in themselves has slackened. There is absolutely no guarantee that Angel, DT, McBride, or even Fowles will show out next year, no guarantee that Stewie will return to form (from my mouth to the trash). There are no guarantees for anything.

Reaction Score
There is absolutely no guarantee that Angel, DT, McBride, or even Fowles will show out next year, no guarantee that Stewie will return to form (from my mouth to the trash). There are no guarantees for anything.

I never said it was a guaranteed list. I said “something like that”. Should all these players be able and willing, I think it’s a pretty good, unbiased projection. The iffiest part are the guards. Gray and McBride have never been on the team before. Hard to say at this point if they even want to be on the team. But I have them at an advantage over Diggins, who hasn’t been playing this year.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Unless Maya doesn’t want to come back or is traded, I don’t see how Collier doesn’t have a backup role with the Lynx next season.
Isn't it reasonably likely that they will split the "3" position, playing 20 minutes each? And that Napheesa, being younger, will also get backup minutes at the "4"? Coach Reeves will be in the enviable position of going with whoever has the hot hand on a particular night.

Even if Maya returns, I don't think she will necessarily be looking to get 35 minutes a game as she did in the past.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I am a Pheese fan because of her play and her personality, the one stemming from the other. She is so bright and thoughtful. What’s not to like.

Reaction Score
It’s game day! Karima Christmas-Kelly is out for the season, which probably means continued high minutes for Collier.
Lynx @ Wings - 6/30/19
Arlington, TX - 4:00 PM ET
TV: Fox Sports Southwest Plus, Fox Sports North Plus

Stream:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

Reaction Score
Dantas also out in this game. Collier is acting as a fulltime PF. Talbot starting at SF.

15-13 Lynx with 4:06 left in first

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
89-86 Wings final

Hate to say it but Arike was excellent down the stretch. The BY will have to get used to the idea that she will have as many great games as bad games. Napheesa had a good game but she needs to make 3 pt shots to be a feared threat.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hate to say it but Arike was excellent down the stretch. The BY will have to get used to the idea that she will have as many great games as bad games. Napheesa had a good game but she needs to make 3 pt shots to be a feared threat.
Arike has always been like that. She will shoot her team into many games and out of some others. She won't shoot 2-23 again, but 6-19 could happen any night.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Speaking of Dallas rookies, Gustafson, now back with the team due to injuries elsewhere, is showing she can hang in the league. Only getting spot minutes right now (around 10mpg), but averaging: 5.4ppg, 3.8rpg, while shooting 62.5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom