College teams should be allowed no more than 2 top 30 rated players | The Boneyard

College teams should be allowed no more than 2 top 30 rated players

Reaction Score
It makes a ton of sense and levels the playing ground. Whats going on at Kentucky and Duke is not reasonable and doesnt provide a fair playing ground

Reaction Score
You could have made this argument 30+ years ago during the times of UCLA dominating the college basketball landscape. At least its more fair today.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Tyler Olander has two championships and he beat Kentucky twice to get them.

Reaction Score
Duke has #1,2, and 3. We have Akinjo at #97. Cuse has #9 and 37. I understand that the numbers don’t tell the whole story but how do you mess up if you have 1, 2 and 3? That covers a lot of coaching mistakes.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
The root of the problem is the one and done rule created by the NBA. The NBA basically did what would benefit them at the expense of college basketball. That's why the only reason I watch NBA is to watch our former players. Otherwise they can suck it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think the answer would is to stop keeping score. Give everyone a trophy at the end of the year, let them all say they tied for first place. Nobody would have anything to complain about.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The only colors allowed on jerseys should be black and white. How is St Bonaventure supposed to compete with their color scheme?

Reaction Score
Yes, a common sense proposal that will put an end to open, destructive and inefficient competition. Let me add to your suggestion that I believe we should also spread the coaching wealth around - let's force the best teams in the country annually to swap coaches with the worst teams. Maybe a serpentine order where the best and the worst, 2nd best and 2nd worst, and so on and so forth. I think Coach K might finally be a Husky in 2019!

Reaction Score
College football and basketball are not amateur sports in any real sense. Then why bother having drafts in major league sports? Let the Yankees or the Dodgers sign the top 3 players every year. No. Because it would be unfair letting one team get the best players. Yet this is exactly what happens every year in MCBB. Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Kansas skim the cream with some exceptions. They don’t do it every year because they’re already stockpiled. To be fair, Geno does this every year. I think the system needs help and frankly I don’t like being one of the have nots.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
or we can put Cincinnati in every year and then EVERYONE has a chance to win an NCAA tourney game
Except UConn because you guys wouldn't even make the tournament. However, under my suggestion UConn probably would get in. See I'm always looking out for the little guys. Programs like UConn (and other mid and low tier AAC schools) are getting screwed in the current system.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Except UConn because you guys wouldn't even make the tournament. However, under my suggestion UConn probably would get in. See I'm always looking out for the little guys. Programs like UConn (and other mid and low tier AAC schools) are getting screwed in the current system.

Serious question. Because we don't know what it's like.
How many consecutive appearances would you trade for a sniff at a final four?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Serious question. Because we don't know what it's like.
How many consecutive appearances would you trade for a sniff at a final four?
All of them. Making the Final Four is tough which is why you should go ahead and give Ollie a lifetime deal for getting to one.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think kids should be randomly divvied out by stars. Every school has the same quota of stars and the kids get sent to a school. First all the five stars, then four, etc. So maybe each schools players add up to say, 40 stars. I mean, why should the kids have a choice? They only matter as entertainment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It makes a ton of sense and levels the playing ground. Whats going on at Kentucky and Duke is not reasonable and doesnt provide a fair playing ground

How about an equal playing rule too? Everyone on the team has to play the same amount of minutes.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Outside of the ridiculousness of the actual idea, can you imagine the implications on recruiting rankings? The amount of corruption would be insane. You think scrutiny on high school kids is bad now....

Reaction Score
Usually a team only needs one All American in college basketball to win a Championship. Its the minimum requirement if you will.

Hell you don't even need player of the year, you just have to have a team that plays excellent together, are well coached, have a floor leader and one freaking AA stud. (Sounds familiar?)

Just saying even if you spread it around, you still have to have our player be that an All American among all the others in the land. Oh and a good supporting cast is critical.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom