College Football 2020: Buzz about spring football season- “Expect news to break soon” | Page 11 | The Boneyard

College Football 2020: Buzz about spring football season- “Expect news to break soon”

Reaction Score

>>Characteristics that might have led to transmission from the instructors in Cheonan include large class sizes, small spaces, and intensity of the workouts. The moist, warm atmosphere in a sports facility coupled with turbulent air flow generated by intense physical exercise can cause more dense transmission of isolated droplets.<<

Reaction Score
you're right...nothing to see here.

Work resumes on Alabama's Bryant-Denny Stadium after workers test positive for coronavirus

The USA Today article was from yesterday:

>>Work on the stadium was briefly shut down over the weekend for a deep cleaning, according to a statement the firm provided to The Tuscaloosa News, but workers were present on the job site on Monday.

When AL.com visited the stadium Wednesday, only a handful of workers were spotted on a site that’s had as many as a few hundred.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
IMO - schools are seeking innovative schedules help maintain tuition pricing as well as safety. Hard to justify big tuition if its all zoom based.

Reaction Score
The USA Today article was from yesterday:

>>Work on the stadium was briefly shut down over the weekend for a deep cleaning, according to a statement the firm provided to The Tuscaloosa News, but workers were present on the job site on Monday.

When AL.com visited the stadium Wednesday, only a handful of workers were spotted on a site that’s had as many as a few hundred.<<

and this was from two hours ago....I assume this is true...rather than a random observation about number of workers...

Bryant-Denny renovations resume after short shutdown due to COVID-19 positive tests

Montgomery-based Caddell Construction Company, the project's chief contractor, told The Tuscaloosa News that work resumed Monday after the weekend stoppage.

Now one could say the contractor is fibbing....but why would they?

Reaction Score
and this was from two hours ago....I assume this is true...rather than a random observation about number of workers...

Bryant-Denny renovations resume after short shutdown due to COVID-19 positive tests

Montgomery-based Caddell Construction Company, the project's chief contractor, told The Tuscaloosa News that work resumed Monday after the weekend stoppage.

Now one could say the contractor is fibbing....but why would they?

One could also say that today is Wednesday. The link (bold above) takes you to The Tuscaloosa News article that was posted last night at 9:07 PM.

Today the contractor was unavailable for comment. He’s probably trying to figure how to keep the job site from getting shut down.

Reaction Score
At least the reporter talked to the contracter...unlike the previous link where there was just surmise.

Reaction Score
At least the reporter talked to the contracter...unlike the previous link where there was just surmise.

Jesus dude... read the article. The contractor provided a statement.

“The safety of all of our employees and trade partners is our top priority,” Caddell said in a statement released to The Tuscaloosa News on Tuesday night.“

Reaction Score
Jesus dude... read the article. The contractor provided a statement.

“The safety of all of our employees and trade partners is our top priority,” Caddell said in a statement released to The Tuscaloosa News on Tuesday night.“

Of course it's a priority, what every employer states...even the meat processors...BUT...are they stopping construction.?

If so, I am amazed that they don't plan to be open for all of those Bama people who love CFB, freedom, and Jesus.

....and I am not the Jesus dude. That's someone else.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Full contractor statement..

“The safety of all of our employees and trade partners is our top priority. In addition to adhering to all established protocols to protect our workers, Caddell restricted operations over the past weekend after receiving notice of positive tests among some employees and trade partners. This allowed us to engage in additional deep-cleaning and provide testing by an independent laboratory so all of our team members could be cleared before returning to the job site. Our processes meet and/or exceed OSHA and CDC guidelines. We will continue to act on the latest guidance and information to promote the health and safety of our essential workforce,” from Clint MacDonald, Construction Executive at Caddell Construction Co."

The use of "return to the worksite" and "essential workforce" in this message does telegraph something..IMHO

Reaction Score
Of course it's a priority, what every employer states...even the meat processors...BUT...are they stopping construction.?

Give it time... my original point (in the original post) was they had an issue, closed it down to “deep-clean” and then the issue blossomed again requiring more contractor testing. I’m not sure what you are even pushing back on anymore. It’s spreading all over. Hell Alabama is running out of ICU beds in parts of the state and shipping patients and staff around.

Reaction Score

If so, I am amazed that they don't plan to be open for all of those Bama people who love CFB, freedom, and Jesus.

....and I am not the Jesus dude. That's someone else.

So why are you commenting here if you're mocking those who love football and freedom?

Reaction Score
I love CFB...and was born in Montgomery (my mother's family were Alabamians since the 1830's)....and have spent 68 years of my life in the south (and the last 6 in North Carolina which I do not consider deep south). I am not mocking these folks...I am recognizing us for what we are...

We are college football folks, maybe more than anywhere in the country....the bible belt...and because of our rural past. have a strong streak of local independence.

Reaction Score
My brother is an Auburn grad...as was my uncle, my cousins, my sister's kid....I grew up followimg Bama until I went to FSU.

My HS was 30 miles from Kenny Stabler's....I played against him my junior season...and knew Suzie Storm, Namath's girlfriend (her sister was a class ahead of me in HS). I met Namath at an apartment party in the 60's.

So, I have always liked Bama....and my brother and sister have always tolerated me.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom