College Coaching Carousel - Version 2017 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

College Coaching Carousel - Version 2017

Reaction Score

Dan Wolken on Twitter
Arizona confirms my report that it hired outside counsel to “investigate allegations of sexual harassment against Mr. Rodriguez against a former employee in the Department of Athletics."

Reaction Score
Feldman throwing out Butch Jones name due to relationship w/ AD from CMU and...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Very OT and pure speculation on my part...

Don Martindale, the Ravens' newly hired DC, was the DC/LBs coach at Western Illinois the same year Bob Diaco was the RB/ST guy. I wouldn't be surprised if BD (undeservingly) lands on that staff as a defensive quality control guy or something.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Very OT and pure speculation on my part...

Don Martindale, the Ravens' newly hired DC, was the DC/LBs coach at Western Illinois the same year Bob Diaco was the RB/ST guy. I wouldn't be surprised if BD (undeservingly) lands on that staff as a defensive quality control guy or something.

Could definitely see that. His options have to be spread pretty thin at this point. I thought maybe he'd get a gig as an LB coach somewhere, but who knows. Coaches association meets this week, and lots of job hunting goes on there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
... and his wife who reasonably despises Wacky Waco!

While it did not see much discussion, I thought the idea of Taggert taking a big step up from USF to Oregon and then moving on to FSU after just one mediocre year was rather unique. To me it was back to back step ups after solid, but not stellar performances.

Now can Matt Rhule do the same, all while have a much worse first year record at Baylor?

Taggert certainly had a wild and professionally fruitful 13 months. It will be stunning to me if Rhule pulls off the same trick.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
While it did not see much discussion, I thought the idea of Taggert taking a big step up from USF to Oregon and then moving on to FSU after just one mediocre year was rather unique. To me it was back to back step ups after solid, but not stellar performances.

Now can Matt Rhule do the same, all while have a much worse first year record at Baylor?

Taggert certainly had a wild and professionally fruitful 13 months. It will be stunning to me if Rhule pulls off the same trick.

The difference is that Rhule walked into a situation doomed for failure. Baylor is a tire fire, and he'll be smart to not hitch his wagon to that for longer than he has to

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The difference is that Rhule walked into a situation doomed for failure. Baylor is a tire fire, and he'll be smart to not hitch his wagon to that for longer than he has to
Well - none of that was a surprise going in. He took on the challenge and the money.

I’m just a little surprised that both Teggart and Rhule could rise so quickly over thirteen months and doing so despite middling performances at their stepping stone situations, neither of which situations were anything to scoff at in their own right.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Slightly different, but not entirely dissimilar from Bill O'Brien's brief Ped State sojourn before heading off to the NFL ...

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom