College Coaching Carousel - Version 2017 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

College Coaching Carousel - Version 2017

Reaction Score

Of course the candidate pool opens up..Fulmer isn't sandbagging every candidate contacted by Currie.

He probably already promised who he can get and will look like a hero...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He probably already promised who he can get and will look like a hero...

There's a lot about this that feels "seedy". However, I will say this: Tennessee just ensured that the next coach they hire will be chosen by a person who understands football.

Imagine for one moment what could have been if that was the case for UConn about 7 years ago...or even 4 years ago...

Reaction Score
What a sack of crap Jimbo is. He couldn't even coach this weekends game and take the job Saturday afternoon? Never liked him.

I wouldn't pin this on Jimbo. That university and that fan base have zero idea on how to handle adversity. If it's half as toxic up there as I hear, then it is no surprise he was looking to move on.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There's a lot about this that feels "seedy". However, I will say this: Tennessee just ensured that the next coach they hire will be chosen by a person who understands football.

Imagine for one moment what could have been if that was the case for UConn about 7 years ago...or even 4 years ago...

Can’t the NFL come calling on Harbaugh? I need a high profile Warde Manual coaching search for Xmas.

Reaction Score

And according to some college football beat guys on twitter today the guy who sandbagged Currier at every step of this search and got him fired..getting the job he thought was his all along.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
And according to some college football beat guys on twitter today the guy who sandbagged Currier at every step of this search and got him fired..getting the job he thought was his all along.

That was the "seedy" part I was referring to... ;)

Reaction Score
Gee...how about .."hello Les..this is Phil..y'all want a football coaching job?"

Reaction Score
Jimmy Hyams post: 2449650 said:
...Tennessee suspended AD John Currie with pay pending an investigation related to termination for case under Title IX.
How convenient? Tennessee settles a pre-existing Title IX-related lawsuit a few months into Currie's 8 month tenure as AD, then drums up Title IX issues as the cause for suspension. Just a WAG, but Tennessee's reason to suspend Currie and investigate his involvement in Title IX issues may come back to bite the school in the Volunteers' arses.

Couldn't Tennessee find sufficient performance issues in Currie clusterpharking potentially hiring Schiano and subsequent clusterpharked prospective hirings? That school deserves itself!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Man I hope it takes until January for Tennessee to hire a coach. This is pure entertainment and something that keeps me excited to keep following CFB!

Figure by January they will have run the gambit of every P5 coach and top G5 coach and will finally hire Bob Diaco.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
What a sack of crap Jimbo is. He couldn't even coach this weekends game and take the job Saturday afternoon? Never liked him.

I dont like him either, but talk radio down here was saying the players were gonna boycott tomorrow if he coached. It has become a total shootshow down in tallahassee.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
How convenient? Tennessee settles a pre-existing Title IX-related lawsuit a few months into Currie's 8 month tenure as AD, then drums up Title IX issues as the cause for suspension.

Article 9 is his contract. It isn't the Title 9 stuff you're referring to.

Reaction Score
Alma mater. You could understand it. Life changing money.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I know I keep saying this but it sucks this is coming out during the game. For all we know the team ya have already known. But they couldn’t at least hold off until after game was played? Also doubt those kids are checking twitter during the game but still.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom