College Basketball Discussion January 7-14 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

College Basketball Discussion January 7-14

Reaction Score
@BLUEDOGHOUSE tough break for J.J. Caldwell there...

Yeah...I still like A & M. Seasons are marathons not sprints.

Injuries and suspensions have killed them but it looks like for the first time in a month they may play at full strength vs. Tenn.

Kennedy is weak sauce but I like the strength and conditioning coach. He is a great guy. Darby is working hard to get those guys stronger mentally (former player and some coaching experience). Davis looks great this physically.

They could end up a low seed if they don't win 10 games in the SEC.

Basketball games many times are games of runs. So are seasons.

Best
BDH

Nice chatting hoops.

Reaction Score
18 three-pointers for Houston tonight. They beat Tulsa 104-71.

Reaction Score
Wow, the Drillers got drilled. Also, Wichita State looking like the clear alpha dog tonight the way they’re absolutely putting it on ECU on the road.

Reaction Score
Watching Providence-DePaul on FS1 now. They have Leitao & Cooley mic'd up for the whole first half (? Whole game). Each in their own msmaller box on the TV screen next to the court action

Really entertaining stuff. Not sure if they do this all the time but I'm intrigued.

Reaction Score
Watching Providence-DePaul on FS1 now. They have Leitao & Cooley mic'd up for the whole first half (? Whole game). Each in their own msmaller box on the TV screen next to the court action

Really entertaining stuff. Not sure if they do this all the time but I'm intrigued.
I believe this is the first time fs1 doing this and I’m loving it , no commercials, get to go into the locker room for second half adjustments, it’s perfect

Reaction Score
thank god we don't have to look at Cooley's mainge every game.

Reaction Score
Providence gone ice-cold & DePaul on fire. Totally entertaining game to watch especially w/ the coaches mic'd

Reaction Score

That would have been real interesting with JC .
One constant bleeeeeeep

Reaction Score

Those two coaches were really working hard. I wonder if they were on their feet so much and so vocal because the cameras were on them. I would love to see KO mic’d up. It would give us a much better insight to how he coaches in game.

Reaction Score

Your coach has an ultra talented group of kids, you have one less loss than us - congrats on that. And after listening to that half time speech, not impressed, a couple huddles too. "Hey Hey Hey, rebound the ball. Play hard"

LOL

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
URI are so well-coached. Took a 4-point halftime lead and turned it into an 11-point lead within two minutes by rebounding and running. They reminded me so much of our 1990s teams, it was uncanny.

They also did (and continue to do) a great job of rebounding despite lacking a dominant individual rebounder, they force a bunch of turnovers, and they draw a TON of fouls because they play so fast and so downhill. And the few times St. Bonnie was able to force them into the halfcourt and slow the game down, URI ripped it apart by moving the ball and moving off the ball, getting lay-ups and open 3s.

That was a fun game to watch. Go Rams.

Reaction Score
Memphis with the game winner 3 at Temple !!
Temple is really inconsistent this year and near dead last in the AAC. I guess UCONN isn't the only big team in the conference having a tough season.

Reaction Score
West Virginia vs. Texas Tech was a great game.

WV as Champs0904 made reference to as a title contender before the season started is a legit FF team.

Tech also solid as they win at home absent a key starter. Just some really great defense by both of these teams.

Reaction Score
URI are so well-coached. Took a 4-point halftime lead and turned it into an 11-point lead within two minutes by rebounding and running. They reminded me so much of our 1990s teams, it was uncanny.

They also did (and continue to do) a great job of rebounding despite lacking a dominant individual rebounder, they force a bunch of turnovers, and they draw a TON of fouls because they play so fast and so downhill. And the few times St. Bonnie was able to force them into the halfcourt and slow the game down, URI ripped it apart by moving the ball and moving off the ball, getting lay-ups and open 3s.

That was a fun game to watch. Go Rams.
I’ve been watching all of their games recently since Hurley may well be our coach next year. I love this URI team. Undersized but you’d barely even notice they way they compete all 40 minutes.

Wherever Hurley ends up, I’m sure he will find success. He’s one of the better coaches in college.

Cooley has proven that he’s solid, but unspectacular. Providence isn’t as sad as they were a decade ago, but they don’t seem too capable of taking the next step under Cooley.

Reaction Score
I’ve been watching all of their games recently since Hurley may well be our coach next year. I love this URI team. Undersized but you’d barely even notice they way they compete all 40 minutes.

Wherever Hurley ends up, I’m sure he will find success. He’s one of the better coaches in college.

Cooley has proven that he’s solid, but unspectacular. Providence isn’t as sad as they were a decade ago, but they don’t seem too capable of taking the next step under Cooley.[/QUOTE
The team is

Cooley has proven that he’s solid, but unspectacular. Providence isn’t as sad as they were a decade ago, but they don’t seem too capable of taking the next step under Cooley.
Don't let him fool ya. His team are all seniors. This is his zenith, he might make it to the round of 32 if lucky. Next yr he will be irrelevant. He is doing the bes tto cash out after this season. None of his 5 seniors are NBA players players despite most coming in as four star recruits. His records on developing players is very poor. None of the New England Prep coaches think highly of him .

Reaction Score
Don't let him fool ya. His team are all seniors. This is his zenith, he might make it to the round of 32 if lucky. Next yr he will be irrelevant. He is doing the bes tto cash out after this season. None of his 5 seniors are NBA players players despite most coming in as four star recruits. His records on developing players is very poor. None of the New England Prep coaches think highly of him .
Well he had them just as good last year.

There are three 4 star players in that roster. Matthews and Terrell were his recruits, and Robinson transferred from Indiana. Dowtin and Russell both have very bright futures at the guard spots.

As for his reputation, I’ve never heard anyone question his ability to coach other than you. You have a vendetta against Hurley, judging by this and your “the UConn fraternity won’t accept him” post. That’s fine, but I disagree.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Nevada's up 50-26 on Utah State at halftime. For some context, Tulane is the 140th ranked Kenpom team, Utah State is 153, Memphis is 159.

Musselman's a hell of a coach. Nevada will be in the top 25 next week and have the look of a second-weekend team.

Reaction Score
Nevada's up 50-26 on Utah State at halftime. For some context, Tulane is the 140th ranked Kenpom team, Utah State is 153, Memphis is 159.

Musselman's a hell of a coach. Nevada will be in the top 25 next week and have the look of a second-weekend team.
Great to see the twins finding a home and balling out and it’s not too many distractions and spotlight especially in the wac or mountain west I forget lol

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Tulsa is giving Wichita st everything they got

Down to the buzzer. Wichita State wins by 3. Should give folks a better understanding of the type of team that Tulsa is. And yes, I wish we had that game back, too (I also wish we had Wichita State back)...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom