College Basketball Discussion January 7-14 | The Boneyard

College Basketball Discussion January 7-14

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

not a bad day for UCF. Start off with a 21 point home win (only allowed 39 to Temple?!) and then the Disney National Championship parade today at 4:30.

Other AAC games today:

USF @ Wichita State (-29) 4pm on CBSSN
SMU @ Cincinnati (-7.5) 6pm on ESPN2

FSU @ Miami is an intriguing game as well as Michigan State @ Ohio State

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Temple 0-4 in conference - ouch
Many felt they were going to be much better
UCF doesn't shoot well but they are athletic, physical and long - very good defensive team - match-ups will be tough
Taco is same old Taco

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Wichita is up 51-20 over USF at the half.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Now up 31 at halftime. I'm honestly petrified of what they're going to do to us when we go to Koch Arena. Especially if it winds up being a night game

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This just might be the best WSU team ever
Nobody is going into Koch and not be intimidated
Don't see how they lost to ND or OU

Reaction Score
Ohio St currently up 17 against Michigan St. Who knows if that will hold up but Ohio St decided to go in a different direction head coaching wise and while they prob won't make the tournament this year they are seeing progress with a new coach. With the same core of players their last coach struggled to develop. Hmm...

Reaction Score
SMU looking scared at Cincinnati.

Can't wait to watch Cincinnati play Wichita State. Should be a great game. I can definitely wait for them to play UConn though..

Reaction Score
Oh St should be in the early discussion for a bid after that convincing win. They need to carry that energy for the rest of the season. Could be a dangerous team.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Just curious so I looked up Henderson. As I expected for all unconscious shooters. After dropping 30 on us with a 3 point shooting clinic, he only scored 9 points against Memphis. 3-10 from the floor. 3-9 three pointers. I guess he cannot shooter from 10 feet.I know we have problems, I am on board. But Henderson shoots his average, we beat Tulsa easy. I know, no sense crying over spilt milk. However, it seems our guys are prone to players going off the first time and only time of their college career. It has happened numerous times. Sad.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just curious so I looked up Henderson. As I expected for all unconscious shooters. After dropping 30 on us with a 3 point shooting clinic, he only scored 9 points against Memphis. 3-10 from the floor. 3-9 three pointers. I guess he cannot shooter from 10 feet.I know we have problems, I am on board. But Henderson shoots his average, we beat Tulsa easy. I know, no sense crying over spilt milk. However, it seems our guys are prone to players going off the first time and only time of their college career. It has happened numerous times. Sad.
This type of thing has happened for decades in UConn basketball
Lots of players have career games vs UConn - at least it appears that way
Maybe fans of other teams feel that way about their team but boy it seems to be a recurring theme here

Reaction Score
This type of thing has happened for decades in UConn basketball
Lots of players have career games vs UConn - at least it appears that way
Maybe fans of other teams feel that way about their team but boy it seems to be a recurring theme here
We use to have one guy go off and have a career game on us but we would still win

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Temple 0-4 in conference - ouch
Many felt they were going to be much better
UCF doesn't shoot well but they are athletic, physical and long - very good defensive team - match-ups will be tough
Taco is same old Taco

Temple over the last few years has been the most bipolar team in the country. This is a team that beat Auburn and gave Clemson their only loss at Clemson, as well as beating South Carolina and Wisconsin. And now they have a losing record and are 0-4 in the conference.

It's hard to understand which Temple team you are going to get from day to day...

Reaction Score
This just might be the best WSU team ever
Nobody is going into Koch and not be intimidated
Don't see how they lost to ND or OU

Having Markis McDuffie back has really helped us. We definitely beat ND and should beat OU with him I think. Having another good 3 point shooter really opens up the court for our other shooters and bigs on offense. He’s also our best defender. It’s a shame he got injured but hopefully he is back in full swing soon, he’s been progressing nicely.

I couldn’t tell if UC was really that good today or if SMU was just that bad, but either way the Bearcats will be a load and SMU will of course be tough at Moody.

Reaction Score
Temple over the last few years has been the most bipolar team in the country. This is a team that beat Auburn and gave Clemson their only loss at Clemson, as well as beating South Carolina and Wisconsin. And now they have a losing record and are 0-4 in the conference.

It's hard to understand which Temple team you are going to get from day to day...

It's not even as if they're bipolar as much as they kill it in those preseason tournaments and then suck from there on out. They beat Auburn and Clemson to win some trophy this year. Those two teams are in power conferences and are a combined 28-0 against everybody else this season. Temple is now 5-8 in games against other teams. That's astounding.

Last season they beat Florida State (eventual #3 seed) and then West Virginia (#4 seed) to clam the preseason NIT. They then, of course, finished the season at 16-16.

It's really bizarre that the AAC's best non-conference wins in the past two seasons have come from one of their worst teams. And kind of a waste. If Temple was in first place in the conference, they'd get a ton of respect because of those two wins. But since they're not the conference will likely be disrespected on selection sunday again because the top teams "haven't proven anything."

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Who's watching Gtown and St Johns? I actually feel a bit better about UConn watching it. Gtown is a turnover machine and St Johns looks like...St Johns.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Who's watching Gtown and St Johns? I actually feel a bit better about UConn watching it. Gtown is a turnover machine and St Johns looks like...St Johns.

Why on earth are the Hoyas wearing turquoise? These are the burning questions we need answered.

Reaction Score
LSU up 41-21 against Arkansas at the half.

Fack.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
SMU has won like 26 in a row at home
Crazy but they don't resemble the SMU of past few years - but still athletic and physical
Temple I think may be a little too long for SMU

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom