Colgate | The Boneyard

Colgate

Reaction Score
Normally I would say the first three games are just a warm up for the real games but after last year I'm not taking anything for granted. Not even going to make a joke about toothpaste this week. Nope. All business.

Looks like they just lost to Canisius by 18 in an exhibition. This article: College basketball preview: Breaking down the Patriot League says they were 2nd in the Patriot league in 3 point shooting last year. They were picked to finish in the middle of the pack as well. Freshman Jordan Burns lead them in scoring vs. Canisius with 17. Soph Will Rayman had 14.

Anybody else have any info on them?

Reaction Score
Ollie said he expects zone from them, so we better to be able to shoot the ball.

If they take up most of the shot clock on each possession, and are hitting a decent percentage from three, we could be in big, big trouble.

My question is, who steps up? I think watching pre season, Jalen has looked to get others going, but when we need buckets and stops, it has to come from him, our leader.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
When we shoot the ball if it goes in we'll win other wise we'll need to try a different toothpaste.

Reaction Score
They are playing UConn and, thus, I hate them.

Reaction Score
My friend is one of the assistant coaches at Colgate (he's leaving my tickets on Friday - i'll be wearing Uconn gear sitting behind the Colgate bench)...anyways, he tells me they have a pretty good team this year, they can really shoot the 3 and are very diciplined and fundamental. Sometimes these type of teams scare me, especially when they can run offense for 25 seconds and then hit open threes. Beating Colgate on talent alone won't be easy, we are going to have to play a well rounded game.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
My friend is one of the assistant coaches at Colgate (he's leaving my tickets on Friday - i'll be wearing Uconn gear sitting behind the Colgate bench)...anyways, he tells me they have a pretty good team this year, they can really shoot the 3 and are very diciplined and fundamental. Sometimes these type of teams scare me, especially when they can run offense for 25 seconds and then hit open threes. Beating Colgate on talent alone won't be easy, we are going to have to play a well rounded game.

Make sure you're allowed to do that, they don't always allow that.

Reaction Score
I just hope the game is not as close as it was the first time they played, (1) Uconn 67, (16) Colgate 59.

Win by double digits please! I predict either 70-62 or 77-64 Uconn.

Reaction Score
I remember we were about to play Colgate in the mid-90s in the NCAA tournament when they had Adonis Foyle. Some newscaster around the Co-op asked me, where's the excitment? I said, we're playing Colgate! He waves me closer, puts a mic in front of my face, asks the question again, and saw myself on the news. "As Butch said on campus....'We're playing Colgate!'" (We did win the game, easily.) Now, we're worried about Colgate. Without Adonis Foyle.

Toothsticks are far better than a toothbrush and toothpaste. Have had that confirmed by multiple dentists.

Reaction Score
My first time on the UConn campus was for a football game against Colgate sometime around 2000.

#funfact.

Reaction Score
I remember we were about to play Colgate in the mid-90s in the NCAA tournament when they had Adonis Foyle. Some newscaster around the Co-op asked me, where's the excitment? I said, we're playing Colgate! He waves me closer, puts a mic in front of my face, asks the question again, and saw myself on the news. "As Butch said on campus....'We're playing Colgate!'" (We did win the game, easily.) Now, we're worried about Colgate. Without Adonis Foyle.

Toothsticks are far better than a toothbrush and toothpaste. Have had that confirmed by multiple dentists.

Adonal Foyle. And it wasn't easy.

Reaction Score
Ollie said he expects zone from them, so we better to be able to shoot the ball.

If they take up most of the shot clock on each possession, and are hitting a decent percentage from three, we could be in big, big trouble.

My question is, who steps up? I think watching pre season, Jalen has looked to get others going, but when we need buckets and stops, it has to come from him, our leader.
We can expect zone from just about all opponents.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In 1996, Colgate injured Ricky Moore in the first round of the NCAA tournament and ultimately was responsible for our loss to Mississippi State.

I don’t know why we’ve forgiven them and allowed them this payday.

I’m going to kneel during the national anthem.

Reaction Score
They return their top like 7 players from last year and will be able to shoot from 4+ positions on the court. Some of their highlights show a matchup zone that I could see us having trouble with. We should certainly win, but I'm worried it's far from a guarantee.

Reaction Score
I expect most teams to play zone against us and pack the middle.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We should kick their butts, but we all know that's not likely. Anything other than a comfortable win will have me concerned.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams needs to be the primary ball handler and bonafide leader on the court. If he steps up to the plate and leads, the intangibles are worth more than anything in the book as we all know. Some players have it and some don’t. Let’s hope he made the jump.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom