Cole Swider commits to Villanova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cole Swider commits to Villanova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wasn't there a Shabazz Something-or-other who played guard for us for a while?
Ha ha....I was thinking of Calhoun's earlier years in Storrs, kids that helped him build a program.

Reaction Score
Depriest? Hobbs yes, and Shabazz. Smith, Burrell, etc. were Connecticut kids. But Hobbs was obviously not a Calhoun recruit.
Yeah was wrong about Hobbs, Perno recruited him. Depriest lives in New Haven, his son played for one of the New Haven schools, but it's possible he settled here after Uconn.

Reaction Score
The point remains we have the best high shool league in the country in our backyard and we are the best program in the region yet we aren't getting anywhere with these kids lately.

I didn't like it but was okay with Kentucky and Kansas swooping in to take kids but it's shameful some of the programs who are currently outrecruiting us.

Reaction Score
Ha ha....I was thinking of Calhoun's earlier years in Storrs, kids that helped him build a program.
Murray Williams too, how could I forget him. Awesome player from Torrington CT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The point remains we have the best high shool league in the country in our backyard and we are the best program in the region yet we aren't getting anywhere with these kids lately.

I didn't like it but was okay with Kentucky and Kansas swooping in to take kids but it's shameful some of the programs who are currently outrecruiting us.
Yeah you're right, I could be wrong but Shabazz was I think the last big talent from the local neighborhood (CT and Ma) until Jalen.

Reaction Score
Quite a few more, Karl Hobbs, Lyman Depriest, Chris Smith, to name a few.

Also more recently, Oriahki and Coombes-McDaniel were both high rated recruits out of Mass.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
When JC picked KO to be his successor i think his thinking was KO may not be the best Xs and Os guy or the best developer but he'll be able to recruit top talent and motivate. Now we need a developer and better Xs and Os. We need to take a step back and stop shooting for the stars with the recruits. The combination of conference realignment, inability to develop talent, and last year makes it unlikely we will be landing a bunch of top notch kids in the near future. land some sold 4 year 100-250 range guys and develop them, use their development to sell the top 100 kids in the future. We also need to start winning, lets out coach some teams.

Reaction Score
Also more recently, Oriahki and Coombes-McDaniel were both high rated recruits out of Mass.
There were a lot of them....it just takes a while to remember them all.... more

Ed Saunders...out of Waterbury
Rashamel Jones out Trinity Catholic in Stamford
Kevin Freeman... Springfield Massachusetts.

Another important point, almost all of JC's important assistants during his early tenure.... were CT or New England guys.... Howie, Dave Letaeo, Blaney, Tom Moore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When JC picked KO to be his successor i think his thinking was KO may not be the best Xs and Os guy or the best developer but he'll be able to recruit top talent and motivate. Now we need a developer and better Xs and Os. We need to take a step back and stop shooting for the stars with the recruits. The combination of conference realignment, inability to develop talent, and last year makes it unlikely we will be landing a bunch of top notch kids in the near future. land some sold 4 year 100-250 range guys and develop them, use their development to sell the top 100 kids in the future. We also need to start winning, lets out coach some teams.
This is insane.

Reaction Score
This is insane.
Insane? Maybe some things in the guys post I might have an issue with, but to call it insane is a bit over the top. Maybe the post was a little shallow but a lot of fans feel that way. Kevin Ollie fired the only developer of bigs that he had, THAT was insane.

C

Chief00

Some day I will tell you how it all came down - but not today or any time soon.

Reaction Score
Depriest? Hobbs yes, and Shabazz. Smith, Burrell, etc. were Connecticut kids. But Hobbs was obviously not a Calhoun recruit.
Wasn't Depriest from Michigan or somewhere in the mid west?

Reaction Score
Chief seriously why would you even type this?
Calvin_Attention_1x3_8808.gif

Reaction Score
Nova pushing hard for Quinnerly in that same class..that would make for a good haul for the Cats,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom