Cole Swider commits to Villanova | The Boneyard

Cole Swider commits to Villanova

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Our recruiting took a big hit this year with all the problems.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that less than a year ago, we were very happy with our recruiting.

Reaction Score
Our recruiting took a big hit this year with all the problems.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that less than a year ago, we were very happy with our recruiting.

I was not...
Cole is going to be a very good college player...

Reaction Score
I was not...
Cole is going to be a very good college player...

You weren't happy with "top 5," the 2016 class? In retrospect, I'm not, but at the time you weren't? Why?

Reaction Score
You weren't happy with "top 5," the 2016 class? In retrospect, I'm not, but at the time you weren't? Why?

All three guys came from high school with major injuries. Also we a ton of plan c and d"s

Reaction Score
All three guys came from high school with major injuries. Also we a ton of plan c and d"s

Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure I understood!

Reaction Score
I don't know the deal here at all, but if we did not at least throw our hat in the ring at some point then that's a problem. The kid can shoot and that's a good start but I doubt as he matures that's all you get out of this kid, looks like a player.

Reaction Score
I don't know the deal here at all, but if we did not at least throw our hat in the ring at some point then that's a problem. The kid can shoot and that's a good start but I doubt as he matures that's all you get out of this kid, looks like a player.

He will shine in college

Reaction Score

Diarra too had a major injury?

To be fair, Durham was already committed when he suffered a 2nd ACL. As for Alterique, he was already signed before the McDs game.

Reaction Score

To be fair, Durham was already committed when he suffered a 2nd ACL. As for Alterique, he was already signed before the McDs game.

None of them were bad signings. If we had not recruited Diarra the crew of doubters would have killed KO for it when Diallo went to UK, always something for them to feast on either way right? I mean we have him and he's a good kid working hard to get back and he's still labeled. Let's all just hope his motor and toughness brings us some wins this year when he does get to the court. And KO stuck with Durham, he said yes before his 2nd injury and everyone was recruiting Alterique and they weren't concerned at the point he announced either.

Can't win here can you?

Reaction Score
Plan c or d is a hell of a lot better then plan Z, which we're currently battling. Amazing how much things can change in a year

Reaction Score

He is entitled to his opinion, but that opinion is ridiculous. If you aren't satisfied with the 9th best recruiting class in the country, have fun being miserable.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Vital, Enoch and Jackson were too many plan c and ds?

C

Chief00

Road trip this weekend, so if it takes a while to respond - that's why. I will try to respond to all the alerts by mid next week. Have a good holiday.

Reaction Score
Our New England recruiting is a major problem, it's stupefying.

Reaction Score
Our New England recruiting is a major problem, it's stupefying.
Agreed, Jalen was an exception. Calhoun built his program on New York and New England kids, recruiting in the Northeast back then was ok with some exceptions (Kahlid, Ricky, KO, Ray, Emeka).

Reaction Score
Vital, Enoch and Jackson were too many plan c and ds?

Enoch was a Connecticut big man ranked pretty high. Not a plan C. Vance Jackson was a recruit that Ollie was working on for 3 years, since his Soph year when Jackson was one of the top ranked recruits in the nation. At one time top 20. Vance dropped 40-50 spots in the rankings in his senior year.

Vance and Enoch were plan A recruits. Vital was a late signing and they snagged him from Louisville.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Jalen was an exception. Calhoun built his program on New York and New England kids, recruiting in the Northeast back then was ok with some exceptions (Kahlid, Ricky, KO, Ray, Emeka).

New York... not so much New England.

I remember only Tony Robertson and Jeff Adrien from NE (not counting CT for obvious reasons) though I'm sure there are more.

Reaction Score
New York... not so much New England.

I remember only Tony Robertson and Jeff Adrien from NE (not counting CT for obvious reasons) though I'm sure there are more.
Quite a few more, Karl Hobbs, Lyman Depriest, Chris Smith, to name a few.

Reaction Score
Quite a few more, Karl Hobbs, Lyman Depriest, Chris Smith, to name a few.

Depriest? Hobbs yes, and Shabazz. Smith, Burrell, etc. were Connecticut kids. But Hobbs was obviously not a Calhoun recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom