Cole and Gaff | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cole and Gaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To be fair, Cole needs time to adjust to real D1 comp.

I just hope we don't to get to a point where we long for a solid pg like AG when he's hitting his shots. Its early, maybe the two can combine into 1 like some power ranger thing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Personally think Cole has been underwhelming. 2-8 tonight with some very bad defense. Still early.

Reaction Score
Cole got one of the most important rebounds in the game. I have no problem with his performance tonight. There was a reason he played dwn the stretch. Hurley's knows what he is doing.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
Cole does nothing. He's only here because he played at St. Anthony's for Danny's father. We should have invited Alterique back.
This is worse than you “Andre Dyson” post.

Attachments

• 60987C8B-2798-4FB3-B767-AFA1217FF233.png
    60987C8B-2798-4FB3-B767-AFA1217FF233.png
    581.1 KB · Views: 78
Reaction Score
Other than Bouk, we need our backcourt of Cole and Gaffney to be more aggressive. I honestly thought Cole would be more of a scorer, but he's been hesitant from what I've seen. Hopefully it comes. He's not been bad and hasn't forced things. Teams will be zoning in on Bouk soon, so another backcourt scorer will be needed to keep the pressure off Bouk. Hopefully it happens.

Reaction Score
I was gonna say this in a post a couple of days ago but didn’t. Our season’s true success depends on Gaffney’s development. He just can’t find his game, he’s so unsure of himself. Whoever started this thread is dead on, Al would be a welcome addition to this years team, because these guards can’t penetrate. He has his flaws but we need penetration.

Reaction Score
Plus/minus isn't everything but Cole was +17 and Gaffney was -11 in a game we won by 3 points. This thread is crazy talk
Are you happy with what either of them have shown thus far?

Reaction Score
I was gonna say this in a post a couple of days ago but didn’t. Our season’s true success depends on Gaffney’s development. He just can’t find his game, he’s so unsure of himself. Whoever started this thread is dead on, Al would be a welcome addition to this years team, because these guards can’t penetrate. He has his flaws but we need penetration.
Lack of penetration against the Trojans- there’s a joke there somewhere...

Reaction Score
Are you happy with what either of them have shown thus far?
Overall, no they've been way too inconsistent. But that applies to every player on the team outside of Whaley and maybe Martin. I think they've both shown plenty in flashes. If people's responses were as reasoned as yours that's one thing but we have people running Cole off the team

Reaction Score
Cole had 6/5/4 and a steal yet gets bashed in here. Some Gilbert lovers coming for him. I like Gilbert but he would have split the zone and drive into those shot blockers or trip and fall and turn it over. Gaffney handle is still suspect. He still looks like last year just with more muscle.

Reaction Score
Need to get consistent outside shooting, otherwise nobody is going to penetrate much. They'll see a lot of collapsing zones. I think Hurley realizes this and shows a lot of patience with Polley. If they could get him going, the floor will open up. Whaley hitting the top of key jumper could help as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This thread is making me go full Mr. Hand. I think you're all on dope.

Reaction Score
we will be stuck in this no man’s land all year between these two.

cole is a small scoring guard miscast as a pg. he is a rich man’s alterique.

gaffney is never really a threat with the ball. but he is naturally deferential so he is more of a “true” pg.

if we could merge them together we would be set.
Having 2 quarterbacks means you don’t have one good quarterback. Same for PGs??

Imo, Cole is too small to be a lead 2 guard and too slow to be a1 at this level. Gaff needs to be a bit more assertive. I like the odds of Gaff changing his playing style more than Cole getting quicker. We prob could use AG for his on Ball D this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom