Cochran | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cochran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...are we gonna end up with Weist?

I mean I'm not saying that's a terrible thing, but I'm not sure if it's a good thing either.

Reaction Score
Who knows, but we can certainly do worse. This dude can win in with a UCONN team that was thought to be without talent. What exactly are fans looking for? Not saying he is the best choice out there (Nick Saban would be better), but he is a realistic choice. When you bring a team back like he has done, you have to give him more than a passing nod.

Reaction Score
“@NHRJimFuller: Casey Cochran now with 425 passing yards, second highest total in school history”

445 is record

“@NHRJimFuller: Casey Cochran is also second all-time at #UConn with 34 completions in a game”

39 is record.

Both held by Danny O

Edit:
“@peatonrobb: Cochran sets school record for passing with 461 yards. Davis has school receiving record with 15 catches for 207 yards.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It was an incredible performance. UCONN went out to destroy Memphis and they accomplished their goal. But a 425 yard passing game is insane. Unreal!

Reaction Score
He must have took my advice when I told him to scan. Good job!

Reaction Score
It was an incredible performance. UCONN went out to destroy Memphis and they accomplished their goal. But a 425 yard passing game is insane. Unreal!

“@UConnHuskies: RT @UConnFootball: Casey Cochran just set the #UConn single-game record with 461 passing yards. #BleedBlue”

Reaction Score
Think Weist was making a point to Warde with Cochran and Davis having monster games!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Especially in that wind. It was stiff the entire game. Casey, just like last week, had at least two great throw aways today when nothing was there. Throughly impressed by him today. And that throw to Foxx on the first TD, what touch. Was a beautifull thing

Reaction Score
Cochran has thrown TD's in six straight games, probably hasn't happened since Orlovsky.

Reaction Score
Especially in that wind. It was stiff the entire game. Casey, just like last week, had at least two great throw aways today when nothing was there. Throughly impressed by him today. And that throw to Foxx on the first TD, what touch. Was a beautifull thing
I can't like this post enough. That was an NFL caliber throw. Not saying he is an NFL QB, but that was a beautiful throw. This kid can really be something. May the best kid win the competition, but his confidence has to be through the roof, and the WRs/other players believe in this kid. That can't be emphasized enough.

Reaction Score
He looks good. I'm sold that he can do it.given time and the right scheme. I still want an open competition next season. It's still Temple, RU, and Memphis.

He threw passes today that would have been complete if we played Alabama. I can't remember the last time I saw a QB for UConn throw a pass before the WR made his cut and hit him right on the numbers.

Or the pass for the first TD that went right over the defender's hands into the WR's hands. He is flat out accurate.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Not to toot my own horn, but I never understood why Boyle got a shot before Cochran. Made no sense to me.

Really happy for him as a fellow Masuk alum, and for the Huskies who finally appear to have a viable QB.
A quarterback who can chuck it and a posse of receivers who can catch it. Next year will be amazing on offense.

Reaction Score
His arm strength and accuracy are miles above what he showed in the spring games. He is great.
I've said this a few times. He looked awful in the spring game, but he was always coming off he wrist injury and probably wasn't through working out the kinks off that.

Reaction Score
How about just a coach and his qb having fun playing football again...
When you get down to it, this is really all about having fun. I still think winning is fun, but it is great to see the team playing like they are having fun, win or lose.

Reaction Score
Who ever called the screen to McCombs on 4th and 1 when everyone in the stadium thought a rush to Max was coming is the new headcoach. Even if it was Casey.

Reaction Score
That Picture says a lot.

Casey is now The Franchise and Warde would be a fool to ignore the opinion of The Franchise.
These are college kids. No one is the "the franchise". I like Casey, but let's be real.

Reaction Score
These are college kids. No one is the "the franchise". I like Casey, but let's be real.

I am being very real. IMO Casey is clearly The Franchise for the next three years. It's as clear as day.

Johnny Football is over, it's now "Casey Football".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom