Cochran | The Boneyard

Cochran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At this point he is so much better than the other UCONN QB. He makes quick decisions and rapidly gets rid of the ball, even if it means throwing it away to avoid the sack. He makes the offensive line look legitimate, and they are responding. Makes you wonder why he never got a valid chance before. Nice to see UCONN with an offense again.

Reaction Score
Really makes you wonder what the staff was seeing. He's been far and away better. I'm happy for him.

Reaction Score
He didn't get a chance because paul & george thought he was too short.

Not prototype enough. Idiots.

I'm glad to see Casey succeeding. He has worked hard by all accounts.

Weist went with Boyle as well. All the Husky fans who saw Cochran play at the Spring game reported he was wildly inaccurate. Not the same QB. Which makes sense: young kids develop in college.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He looks good. I'm sold that he can do it.given time and the right scheme. I still want an open competition next season. It's still Temple, RU, and Memphis.

Reaction Score
He didn't get a chance because paul & george thought he was too short.

Not prototype enough. Idiots.

I'm glad to see Casey succeeding. He has worked hard by all accounts.
I agree. It is another issue to point to the incompetence of dynamic duo. Maybe practice does not show certain intangibles that game time shows. I remember Casey had a brief opportunity in a hopeless game about 7 weeks ago, and he did not look good, then but I doubt Johnny U could have produced better with a defeated offensive line.

Reaction Score
Not to toot my own horn, but I never understood why Boyle got a shot before Cochran. Made no sense to me.

Really happy for him as a fellow Masuk alum, and for the Huskies who finally appear to have a viable QB.

Reaction Score
He looks good. I'm sold that he can do it.given time and the right scheme. I still want an open competition next season. It's still Temple, RU, and Memphis.
4 weeks ago, these 3 games were likely losses.
all of a sudden, 2 wins and people are looking down on other programs.

give this team credit. give TJ credit. they are winning games. it's not just because we're playing temple, ru, and memphis.

sick of everything positive being erased with 'it's temple, ru, and memphis'...

Reaction Score
I know it's just Memphis but Casey is absolutely chewing them up and spitting them out. Casey's light has turned on and it hurts your eyes.

Reaction Score
Maybe practice does not show certain intangibles that game time shows.

This^^^^

Wasn't that the rap against CC all along the way? Poor practice player/bad decision maker @ practice.

Thriving now.

Reaction Score
I can understand why Boyle was given a chance. He is the afterall the prototype QB, and perhaps CC need game time to show his abilities. But CC decision making is so obviously much better. UCONN is not a great team, but if CC had been QB from the beginning I think UCONN would be in a bowl game.

Reaction Score
Casey has definitely taken his opportunity and created some distance.
Still think it's a competition in the spring, but I would put Casey in the lead whereas last year it was Whitmer's.

Very happy for Casey. He has been a team player, waited for his opportunities, and succeeded. Also credit TJ for realizing an opportunity existed to give each of his QB's some experience and possibly see if one steps up.

He easily could have gone back to Whitmer.

Reaction Score
Its such a relief to see all these down field passes thrown and completed. It feels like its been a while since we had the ability to do that with any success. In this game alone, taking over after a 4th down stop and going 60+ yards for a touchdown in one minute to end the half?! Previously we would really have had no choice but to kneel and run out the clock.

Reaction Score
I don't care if it's Temple, Rutgers and Memphis. It's 3 league games to end the season and he has looked pretty good in those games.
Boyle had a tougher schedule but CC looks more in control. Boyle will be good, but he was thrown into an untenible position by desparate coaches. I am sold on CC. I hope the next HC doesn't reverse the progress this team has made just to make his (or her) own stamp on the program.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Assuming they all stay, CC as a starter, Whitmer as backup and redshirt for Boyle would make some sense. Still, open competition in the Spring.

Hard not to like Casey's performance in the first half. Great touch and quick decisions.

Reaction Score
Its such a relief to see all these down field passes thrown and completed. It feels like its been a while since we had the ability to do that with any success. In this game alone, taking over after a 4th down stop and going 60+ yards for a touchdown in one minute to end the half?! Previously we would really have had no choice but to kneel and run out the clock.
I know, isn't it great!

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
The thing that has impressed me is how he spreads the ball around. At least six different players caught passes in the 1st half. Same thing last game.

Reaction Score
Not to toot my own horn, but I never understood why Boyle got a shot before Cochran. Made no sense to me.

Really happy for him as a fellow Masuk alum, and for the Huskies who finally appear to have a viable QB.
I think Boyle has a higher ceiling, but nothings gets more coaches fired than "potential". Casey has shown great poise and it is exciting to see this type of performance from our QB.

In Boyle's defense, he was thrown in against the toughest part of the schedule.

In Casey's defense, he is doing this without our number 2 receiver.

Reaction Score
Boyle had a tougher schedule but CC looks more in control. Boyle will be good, but he was thrown into an untenible position by desparate coaches. I am sold on CC. I hope the next HC doesn't reverse the progress this team has made just to make his (or her) own stamp on the program.
Agree, Boyle was in a tough spot as a true freshmen, Whitmer might have been as successful as Cochran, especially without GDL and HCPP calling his plays and controlling the O-Line. But Cochran is making better decisions and getting the ball out much quicker.

Reaction Score
I agree that Boyle was in a tough spot as a freshman, perhaps a spot he should have never have been put in. I am sure (hope) that the new HC will sort things out the spring. but it is sweet to be winning again and I give CC (and TJ) a lot of credit for bringing a defeated team back to a winning team.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member