Cochran to Start Saturday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cochran to Start Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Just great.

Burn the red shirt against 3 games we had no business winning (we could've beat USF w Whitmer).

Then, bench the guy with the easier part of the schedule comes up.

WTF.

Reaction Score
Starting Casey shows that they aren't giving up. But at this point this feels like a worse version on the Bones/DJ rotation that Edsall was using way back.

Reaction Score
I look forward to Boyle entering a blowout late and scoring a meaningless touchdown against someone's second-unit.

That should rehabilitate his image completely here.

Meaningless touchdowns are better than no touchdowns. Boyle wasn't even throwing meaningless TD's. Not giving Casey a such would get ridiculed too.
At this point, my hope is that TJ leaves campus before he manages to alienate every quarterback on the roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I look forward to Boyle entering a blowout late and scoring a meaningless touchdown against someone's second-unit.

At this point, my hope is that TJ leaves campus before he manages to alienate every quarterback on the roster.
I agree with this though I am wondering if part of the deal Manuel made with Weist to get him to take the job was a guaranteed job next season. New coaches often keep 1 or 2 guys from the old staff just for continuity. Why not the guy who was a good soldier? Or maybe he becomes some assistant AD or other.

Reaction Score

Boyle would have been sacked three times on that last TD drive Friday. Our second team line was an open gate on that drive. What Casey did was actually pretty hard to do.

Casey has had 4 drives in the last two weeks, two have gone for TD's and another drive resulted in a first and goal at the three that stalled. No INT's, no sacks.

But you're worried about hurt feelings? Seriously?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boyle would have been sacked three times on that last TD drive Friday. Our second team line was an open gate on that drive.

Casey has had 3 drives in the last two weeks, two have gone for TD's and another drive resulted in a first and goal at the three that stalled.

But you're worried about hurt feelings? Seriously?
LOL, this from the guy who's afraid we'll hire a coach who doesn't appreciate how special Boyle is...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm worried about a dead man walkin' duck*ing things up even worse than they are.

Reaction Score
LOL, this from the guy who's afraid we'll hire a coach who doesn't appreciate how special Boyle is...

Correct, I don't want a guy who has a system and needs to find players for his system, we just went through that garbage with PGDL. I want a guy who can adapt a system to maximize the performance of the talent on the team, otherwise known as a good head coach.

Reaction Score
I'm worried about a dead man walkin' f* *ing things up even worse than they are.

Nothing would be worse than 0 -12. I'm glad he is trying to win, I prefer that over a guy who won't admit he made a mistake.

P probably would have kept playing Boyle because he is never wrong.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't you want to see Cochran start at least one game before making this declaration?

In the small sample we have seen of Casey he gets the ball out quicker than Whitmer and throws the ball from a higher angle so it is less likely to be batted down.

Based on the Spring games I saw, CC was far, far behind Whitmer. Has he made up all that ground as the 3rd/2nd stringer?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Based on the Spring games I saw, CC was far, far behind Whitmer. Has he made up all that ground as the 3rd/2nd stringer?

Maybe, maybe not - basically, to a drowning man like Weist, everything looks like a life-jacket.

Reaction Score
is it possible that they are giving the guys an opportunity to get some first hand playing experience and nothing more.
we're 0-8. the season is done.
let the three qb's get some reps and open up the competition in the spring.
i dont think anyone of the three can do anything at this point to cement the starting job next spring.

Reaction Score
Just great.

Burn the red shirt against 3 games we had no business winning (we could've beat USF w Whitmer).

Then, bench the guy with the easier part of the schedule comes up.

WTF.

A number of us felt they got it backwards and this is part of the reason why. TB should have been the third option with Casey likely the better game manager at this point in their careers. Boyle is still the guy with the greatest upside and athletic skills but really needed time to adjust to this team and this level.

Hopefully the damage is reversible and TB can take the positives (whatever you can get out of playing with a train wreck of a line and a running game) and start to build a foundation for next year. He'll likely get another shot with a whole new staff. But don't be surprised to see him before the end of the year even if it is for a specific play or situation. Need to keep him involved.

So go Casey and make some lemonade! We've had enough lemons this year.

Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not - basically, to a drowning man like Weist, everything looks like a life-jacket.
Weist doesn't tell us the sky is green, he goes right to the point, from the Silver article "this gives Tim more time, he needs more time to develop". He also mentions CC's decision making which was evident at the end of Louisville when he was getting the ball out quickly taking what they were giving. The blocking was poor, we weren't calling timeouts and the QB made choices that got us down the field. Tim will be back this is just the logical choice right now.

Reaction Score
is it possible that they are giving the guys an opportunity to get some first hand playing experience and nothing more.
we're 0-8. the season is done.
let the three qb's get some reps and open up the competition in the spring.
i dont think anyone of the three can do anything at this point to cement the starting job next spring.

EXACTLY

Reaction Score
Im another one who thinks that Chanlish Whitburger will be the starting QB next year.

Reaction Score

I was at the Spring (non) game too, it was so bad I don't remember being able to make any conclusions on anybody. The best play of that game was a Cochran pass to Bradley that went for a long gainer.

Reaction Score
CC looked bad in the spring game, but he was also coming off the wrist surgery. He has looked much better in the few games has come in than he did in the spring game.

Reaction Score
I meant a FBS team.
I wouldn't think so...I've seen it on the basketball side when the team (like UConn) has been prohibited from playing in the NCAA tournament...
I think the only schools that Whitmer could transfer to and play right away would be FCS or Div II schools.

Reaction Score
I don't. Lagow is not a Husky.

Yeah but it's not that simple . . . it's indicative of the mess UConn's in. Lagow - big boy from Texas - ran away from competition at QB. We saw this with Bill Cundiff, we saw this with Mike Box, we saw this with Mike Nebrich and now Lagow. How do you run away from a program that hasn't had a big time QB since Dan O? How do you let the roster of players (I won't bother naming them) who were under center - and often times ineffective and consistently inconsistent - run you off the roster? Lagow should have stayed and, now would be his opportunity to grab this position for the next three + years.

FWIW, however, I think Boyle is gonna be special. He just needs 20 good players around him (Davis is the lone exception).

Reaction Score

I have to believe that his results in games are a better indicator of his abilities than the spring game, even if its against our opponents 2nd team

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Boyle better get special awfully quickly if Davis is going to be part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom