Cochran is done | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cochran is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
F- this team.
There are many terms one could use to reply to this along with calling you many things other than Bruce. Not sure if we are allowed to say things like low life, classless piece of pig snot but we will see.
One can only hope if you have a season ticket you will give it up to someone with a tad of an IQ and a love for our team.
We can only wish Casey nothing but the best in the future and be glad he will remain on board as a QB mentor. That still gives us a good arm on the practice field. We can then hope after he graduates he starts his professional coaching career right here as an assistant.
They say adversity builds character, well by the end of this season we are going to have a ton of character.
Good luck Casey and Go Dogs!!!!!

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Casey...I hope he is able to move on without any physical issues. This sucks pretty bad for the team...I always liked the way he played on the field!

My heart goes out to Casey. Here are the positives. First off great judgement by his advisors, Docs, Coaches, admin, family. My college football career ended due to a neck injury that possibly could have left me paralyzed. So Casey getting out now preserves the quality of the rest of his life. His Dad, Jack is one of the winning est coaches in CT HS history. He has the smarts and pedigree. No doubt if he wants it he can get a grad assistant gig with Diaco and then become part of the Hayden Fry line of coaches. On a lot of fronts this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for Casey. Having grown up in Monroe, I have followed Casey since he came to Masuk. All the best to Casey!

As for going forward, I expect Chandler and the team to step it up and have a big game against Boise. This game will no doubt be dedicated to Casey and will be played at a high emotional level. Lets see how Chandler does against Boise. If he has a bad game, I say make Tim Boyle the starter and get him real time game experience. The playing time will be very beneficial for next season. Either way, I see Boyle getting snaps similar to CW and CC splitting time.

Reaction Score
Thank you CC and good luck in the future. We were your fans at Masuk. We will never forget the mullet. UConn FB is not the same without you.

Reaction Score
Man, as someone who works with sufferers of TBI and the resulting effects on the executive functions, this really does not bode very well for his future as a productive participant in society, especially as he gets older. Glad he won't be in the position for it to be made worse from here at least. Hopefully he can find a good job with employers who are ready to adjust to his needs, as well as professional support for working with his deficits. Best of luck to him and his family, and nothing but thanks and reverence to him for suffering in this way as he tried to help dig this program out of its own grave.

At least this won't end his academic career, and he will at least have a degree from UConn going forward.

Reaction Score
It is unfortunate that Casey's playing career is over. The show he put on in the Memphis game was worth sitting in the cold for. Best wishes to Casey as he continues his path to a degree from our great university.

Reaction Score
First, there is life after football and I hope CC has great career at whatever he chooses to do.

Second, we are so screwed with Whitmer a the helm.

Things just seem to go from bad to worse with UConn football. But, adversity either breaks you or makes you stronger, and that applies all around the table.

Reaction Score
As bad is this new is for Casey it is great the we are at a place where most coaches, players, and fans understand the seriousness of repeated concussions.

If we see a career ending injury on the field it is usually obvious ( and terrible to see).

I am glad that almost everyone understands the seriousness of this injury. In the long run UCONN football will be fine. What is important is that Casey made the right call.

Reaction Score
Hope CC gets a big ovation during husky walk and at the game Saturday...I will never forget those Memphis game highlites.

Whitmer is not the answer and I agree that we are with Whitmer at the helm...one big negative is he loves to run after just one look and the biggest problem with that is that Whitmer is horrible at throwing on the run. If you are a mobile QB you need to be able to throw on the run and he is just awful.

Throw Boyle into the fire NOW!

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
uconndennis said:
Ed Daigneault ‏@EdDaigneault 27s UConn QB Casey Cochran's career is over due to multiple concussions, UConn says.

A sad day. As a Masuk alum, I've always been a CC fan since he transferred there. Great kid. Tough break.
I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Casey. He has a bright future ahead of him. I just wish we all got to see his true potential. He would have been special here.
Thanks for giving us hope, Casey! Best of luck in your future. You've made your family and UCONN fans proud in your short time here.
Now it's time for plan B...as in Boyle. Let's get it, Tim.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Had an impressive record too:
  • 3-2 career as a starter.
  • 128/206 (62.1%) for 1464 yards at 11 TD's w/ 5 INT's.
  • 1 rushing TD.
This sucks, I really thought he was gonna best QB we've ever had. Even better than Danny O.

Reaction Score
(1) CC- God bless to you and your family.........somehow I know your future will be bright outside of football, and there will be life once you shake away the painful clouds of despair.
(2) to all college football coaches........I

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am glad Casey gets to walk away fairly healthy and can stay close to the game as he wants to coach. He can help the quarterbacks out on reading defenses and foot work.

Reaction Score
Wishing him all the best to a happy and healthy future. It was the best decision for him.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yeah.. sad to see but I'm glad CC's best interests are being looked after. If we had a "play every play award...", his name would be going on it.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Hard to believe my first game ever at the 'Rent would be Casey's last. Best of luck to him. Glad I got to see him play. I' m sure he'll have a chance to do great things in the future, as will UConn football.

GO DOGS !!

Reaction Score
Good luck to him for the future. This was the correct decision and solid advice from doctors, friends, family, and coaches.

Based on his father's history, I expect him to do really well coaching.

Reaction Score
By all accounts a fine young man. I am sure he is crestfallen, but will bounce back to use his many gifts.

I will simply say this about football and concussions, given what I know now, I would discourage my kids from playing the game. Football has a huge issue on it's hands that threatens the very essence of the game as we know it today.

Reaction Score
Best wishes Casey in your new career. From Husky nation, in one of our darkest moments, you showed us the light
bringing us 3 wins through your intellect, strength and courage of conviction. You showed Husky nation your resolve of character in the face of adversity through your quick decision making. You showed us that not all was lost.

We know you could have gone Ivy but chose to stay local...with us. Hopefully, you remain in the spotlight for years to come in as you pursue your future endeavors.

Reaction Score
The story was on NECN this AM. I did not realize it was his 4th concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom