Cochran is done | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cochran is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The plan was to RS Boyle with 2 healthy QB's ahead of him. I'd bet my kids' college savings that plan has been scrapped. I also believe the coaches strategy regarding who plays has not changed. The best QB will play. If they thought that was Boyle they would've started him against BYU. That said its doubtful Boyle gets his RS back this year.

Looking at the roster after Whitmer & Boyle it's the walkon Ecke. The big kid (Salquist?) apparently left the program. I also thought about the MD and wondered who played QB in HS. It's too bad the kid from TX had no balls.

Reaction Score
For a young man who worked hard his entire life for this moment and then to have it taken away, it has to hurt like no one can imagine. I wish him the best and know he will make a great coach someday.

As for the current QB situation....CW has two concussions and is probably one away from the end of his college career.

For those who are calling for Boyle...if you think CW has happy feet with our OL, I would expect TB to just as "happy".

I'm glad I'm not a head coach. Tough, tough call.

Reaction Score
Have to wonder if this played into Diaco's decision to have a two QB gameplan. He must've known one more concussion would end Casey's career.

One more probably ends CW's career. Scary situation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For a young man who worked hard his entire life for this moment and then to have it taken away, it has to hurt like no one can imagine. I wish him the best and know he will make a great coach someday.

As for the current QB situation....CW has two concussions and is probably one away from the end of his college career.

For those who are calling for Boyle...if you think CW has happy feet with our OL, I would expect TB to just as "happy".

I'm glad I'm not a head coach. Tough, tough call.
I don't see much choice. I think it is pretty likely that Boyle's red shirt will get burned. I suspect that that was why BD emphasized, if we need Boyle, we'll use him so much. The question is do you start him so that builds experience or do you wait until you absolutely need him. I wonder about putting a young QB behind our porous OL. It can't be good for his confidence. I also have my doubts that a week is enough time to go from redshirt to starter. If not do you give him his first start on the road or do you wait for Temple?

C

Chief00

Got to feel for Casey and his family. He could have gotten a ship to Yale but he was a competitor and wanted the challenge of a higher level of play.

Reaction Score
Looking at the roster after Whitmer & Boyle it's the walkon Ecke. The big kid (Salquist?) apparently left the program. I also thought about the MD and wondered who played QB in HS. It's too bad the kid from TX had no balls.

No Ecke either...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is very sad news for Casey. Proud of him and the med staff for making the tough decision. He's not playing in the NFL, and now has a bright future. Proud of UConn for doing the class thing and keeping his scholarship in order, and helping him along the coaching path if that's what he wants.

Looks like Boyle loses too, as his RS is going to be burned now. Perhaps he can step up and be the guy we all hoped he'd be when he was recruited. We could use a ray of sunshine.

Reaction Score
A crazy thought, but I wonder if you could bring in a QB this week and still get him into classes at UConn? Maybe a JUCO or a QB that went the grad school route?

Reaction Score
The dark cloud continues to hover over the UConn Football program. After all that work Casey has to shut it down. I hope he is fine health wise going forward. Fans do need to rally around the team.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to the young man. You know that long view we've all been encouraged to take, I would suggest we all extend that time horizon a little longer...

Reaction Score
Best of luck to the young man. You know that long view we've all been encouraged to take, I would suggest we all extend that time horizon a little longer...

I mean this program cannot catch a break. Even when something "good" happens. It's really unbelievable.

Reaction Score
One thought that comes to mind. If both QB's were to play vs Boise, you increase the odds of one getting hurt. The last thing you want is an OL adjusting to 2 different QB's style.

Reaction Score
Wow. I am shocked. Sucks for UConn; but, this is likely the best course of action for Casey. Best wishes to him on a full recovery and a bright future.

The little devil in me wonders if BC will come a calling next year when they need a new quarterback?

Guess Boyle’s redshirt is done. He will be on the field again this season.

Reaction Score
If not for Whitmer taking a bunch of snaps against BYU, there's a chance UConn loses to Stony Brook. So there's that. If anything this will reinforce things in Diaco's mind. Now if someone gets hurt, at least his backup has seen a good amount of snaps. I think that's the point.

I'm also not a huge fan of all the substitutions but I think it's a necessary evil given the steady decline of the team's performance in the last three years culminating in the show that was 2013.

Carl, you've changed, I am proud of you. Now you are starting to see inside of the mind of HCBD!

Reaction Score
I'm more of a basketball fan so I try to butt out of the football conversations. I don't know if Casey or his family read the Boneyard, but if they do, I felt that I should post.

Not that you SHOULD care what an anonymous internet poster thinks about your decision and your future, but I know it's hard not to look. I didn't play a sport at UConn but I've had 20+ years of fantastic memories thanks to UConn sports (because of athletes like you), friends I made, and my degree (even with my mediocre grades), in that order. Good luck to you in your future whether in football or elsewhere and thank you for bringing a bit of happiness to Husky fans at the end of a tough season last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom