Coaching staff hasn't a clue | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Coaching staff hasn't a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I spoke to Bob the other day. He actually said you were pretty dim. I asked if he meant Whaler10, but he specifically said Whaler11. So maybe you should feel disrespected.

The bolded line is gold. Best thing I've read all week.

Reaction Score
I before the first kickoff that I thought there had been a lot of damage done in the PG years and it would take a while to recover, but I have to say losing to Army never crossed my mind. Never considered it even possible. I thought 6 wins was the absolute upside, but losing to Army was never in the equation. I have the impression that this coach has decided not to game plan but to just try basic plays and basic formations...almost like a high school coach in some ways. Writing off a whole season is extremely frustrating to the fans. I can't imagine Diaco being allowed to take that approach beyond this year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I guess but I really didn't think we'd beat Cincy. I even thought it could well be a blowout loss. At the beginning of the year I thought there were 2 games we couldn't lose. Stony Brook and Army. We went .500 in them, which was a disaster.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why don't you stop with tantrums and try that approach???

You can call it a tantrum if you like. And you can talk nonsense like I have soiled underwear. It really doesn't bother me when posters who don't have factual arguments make personal attacks - it just further highlights you don't have a point.

Like I said earlier today - it's pretty noticeable that people from other places are preaching patience. I love when SRQ lectures me after he is out on his boat and DVRing the game - while I'm sitting in a freezing cold Rentschler or burning a weekend going to Yankee Stadium.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
You can call it a tantrum if you like. And you can talk nonsense like I have soiled underwear. It really doesn't bother me when posters who don't have factual arguments make personal attacks - it just further highlights you don't have a point.

Does the non-stop personal attacks you make on the coaching staff prove you don't have a point? Or it just when it's incoming to you that it doesn't have a point.

You are frustrated. I get that. You think the staff sucks and will fail. I get that. Saying it over and over and over again in a highly emotional way gets boring.

Whine is some new and creative ways. Have a different kind of tantrum.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does the non-stop personal attacks you make on the coaching staff prove you don't have a point? Or it just when it's incoming to you that it doesn't have a point.

You are frustrated. I get that. You think the staff sucks and will fail. I get that. Saying it over and over and over again in a highly emotional way gets boring.

Whine is some new and creative ways. Have a different kind of tantrum.

It's a personal attack to talk about their performance, their words and their actions? Interesting. I guess we define those words differently.

No one forces you to read my posts. You can get a steady diet of the things you want to read from others.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Somehow losing 41-0 to Cincy seemed like a whole lot less fun than losing to Army. But maybe that's just me.

You're kidding, right? You all in the AAC wagon? Army lost to Yale. YALE. We should, in this day and age, romp over that team, regardless of the 'cupboard'

Reaction Score
Losing to Army says it all about where this program is. Their players dream of leading troops in battle, not NFL careers. We should've had enough talent to beat them, rebuilding or not.
i still disagree.

Reaction Score
Lynch threw for similar yards against us last year as he did this year (169 vs. 194). In fairness, we also gave them 115 yards on penalties; many of which were pass interference. But our biggest problem was less about their QB than it was about our offense, unfortunately...
Been the story week after week all season./

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Like I said earlier today - it's pretty noticeable that people from other places are preaching patience. I love when SRQ lectures me after he is out on his boat and DVRing the game - while I'm sitting in a freezing cold Rentschler or burning a weekend going to Yankee Stadium.
No argument. Oddly, I envy your opportunity to suffer more than I do.

Reaction Score
I can't wait until we're arguing about our best wins rather than worst losses. That day is coming, and yes, I'm saying that on blind faith.
I'm with ya. Glad I haven't had internet since last wednesday. Game was tough to watch. Glad I was dragged into downtown Pittsburgh to drink my sorrows away. Building blocks are in place. A seemingly solid recruiting class of commits are in line to enroll and (hopefully) sign ready to commit. This will continue to improve the roster. Attrition has severely affected this roster. Two - three full recruiting classes with development should have this program back on track. I am just as impatient as the next fan, but it is what it is. There are many more important things in all of our lives, such as being thankful we all wake up tomorrow. Things will turn around, I am positive of this. I hope many of you share the same belief.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you called that burning a weekend, you didn't do it right.

Well when you've spent years working there it's not really that big of a deal to go to the city.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've got a raging clue...

This thread sucks.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Of course not - I never even implied that.

However, managing the fanbase is part of the job (ask Pelini), especially when you have nothing on the field to point to.

We are being asked to trust the plan on blind faith. We have no other window into the plan other than what he tells us - so I don't see why it's out of line to examine what he says.

So you are concerned for Diaco. That if he win 9 games a year, he will get fired because you don't like his press conferences?

Gotcha

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So you are concerned for Diaco. That if he win 9 games a year

This reminds me of the Steve Martin bit about making a million dollars and not paying taxes. "First, make a million dollars..."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you are concerned for Diaco. That if he win 9 games a year, he will get fired because you don't like his press conferences?

Gotcha

Yes that was my exact point. Well done.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The way I see it you can only judge Diaco based on what he says, his on field actions, recruiting and to a lesser extent this season, the results on the field.

Results on the field have been pitiful. Very little to even point to as signs of improvement.

His decisions on the field, be it the QB fiasco, play calling, substitution patters, time outs, etc. have been pitiful.

His words are just bizarre at this point as well.

Two upperclassmen leaving a couple games to play is strange too.

Recruiting. We're bringing in a big class with the vast majority of kids have little to no interest or offers from anything but MAC type offers.

It doesn't preclude him from being successful or winning at UConn but every indication points to him being completely in over his head.

Reaction Score
Its not all that unusual for players leave a program ( even before the season) when they don't get the playing time that they think they deserve. That is not a valid criticism of Diaco unless you want don't want him to play his best players. The bottom line is he has to win. I think you have to give a pass on his first year and be cautiously optimistic going forward. The Diaco bashers may turn out to be correct in evaluating his ability to coach but its too early to reach that conclusion.. He has to be given some time to put in his systems and find the right players to play with those systems.

Reaction Score
The way I see it you can only judge Diaco based on what he says, his on field actions, recruiting and to a lesser extent this season, the results on the field.

Results on the field have been pitiful. Very little to even point to as signs of improvement.

His decisions on the field, be it the QB fiasco, play calling, substitution patters, time outs, etc. have been pitiful.

His words are just bizarre at this point as well.

Two upperclassmen leaving a couple games to play is strange too.

Recruiting. We're bringing in a big class with the vast majority of kids have little to no interest or offers from anything but MAC type offers.

It doesn't preclude him from being successful or winning at UConn but every indication points to him being completely in over his head.

The entire season has been coached like a scrimmage. substitution patterns, use of time outs, play calling, etc. He introduced a new defense and began instituting a new offense. Ashiru was not starting next year, K Abrams was not catching targeted throws. UConn is not going to recruit against the local P5 schools, yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Alum86 said:
You're kidding, right? You all in the AAC wagon? Army lost to Yale. YALE. We should, in this day and age, romp over that team, regardless of the 'cupboard'

Did you go to both games? If so, at which one did you have more fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom