Coaching staff hasn't a clue | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coaching staff hasn't a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Perfect Hair said:
While I'm not sure everyone expected more than one or two more wins, especially after Cochran went down, what we DID expect was progress. The disappointment and ire on this board comes from the fact that there was no progress, if anything there was regression.

Please don't get mad at us who saw this and are disappointed, we are allowed to have an opinion and express it. And frankly, if you think there was progress you are delusional. Feel free to express it, but just own up to it please.

Everyone expected more that one or two wins with SB, Army, Tulane, and USF on the schedule. Or Temple and Memphis, for that matter. UCF and ECU also proved to be not so great shakes.

People act like we were in the SEC. We were a bottom ten team losing to other bottom ten teams.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Everyone expected more that one or two wins with SB, Army, Tulane, and USF on the schedule. Or Temple and Memphis, for that matter. UCF and ECU also proved to be not so great shakes.

People act like we were in the SEC. We were a bottom ten team losing to other bottom ten teams.

4-5 wins, downgraded to 3-4 after Cochran got hurt was the rational norm. After the USF game I downgraded to one more win, SMU, as I lost all trust in the Coaching staff. Once we upset UCF my hopes came back up, but only briefly, just enough to get crushed in the avalanche of regression we've seen since.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
4-5 wins, downgraded to 3-4 after Cochran got hurt was the rational norm. After the USF game I downgraded to one more win, SMU, as I lost all trust in the Coaching staff. Once we upset UCF my hopes came back up, but only briefly, just enough to get crushed in the avalanche of regression we've seen since.

I am not sure if we beat UCF - Mother Nature might have...
JK

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Question though... what happens IF we lose to 0-11 SMU this weekend? That would be the lowest of low for the program. This is a must-win to show some momentum going into the offseason and 2015 and for recruiting for this program and the Diaco regime. The entire season has been a comeplete and udder failure, but losing to a team that had their own HC in June Jones quit on them after two games, would really be the rock bottom for this UConn program. Anyone disagree?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Question though... what happens IF we lose to 0-11 SMU this weekend? That would be the lowest of low for the program. This is a must-win to show some momentum going into the offseason and 2015 and for recruiting for this program and the Diaco regime. The entire season has been a comeplete and udder failure, but losing to a team that had their own HC in June Jones quit on them after two games, would really be the rock bottom for this UConn program. Anyone disagree?
I disagree - IF we lose its a teaching momemt...

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
There is no way we lose, at home, to SMU. If we do the Coach has to be fired immediately. And I'm not kidding.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I disagree - IF we lose its a teaching momemt...

i guess it was for Memphis last year when they lost to UConn.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
i guess it was for Memphis last year when they lost to UConn.

I must have hit my head, were we the worst team in FBS last year?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
"And yet somehow, nobody is paying these experts for their knowledge, which they gladly provide for free under a pseudonym."
Well, I can't speak for the rest but I'm hoping to get discovered off my insightful posts here. I'm pretty sure I'm in the running for Nebraska job.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The entire season has been a comeplete and udder failure, but losing to a team that had their own HC in June Jones quit on them after two games, would really be the rock bottom for this UConn program. Anyone disagree?

I thought the USF game was rock-bottom until we played Tulane. I was stunned with what I witnessed in Yankee Stadium, that had to be rock bottom. Until the very next week when we didn't even compete. While a loss Saturday would be a new bottom, I can only hope that would be rock-bottom.

Reaction Score
I thought the USF game was rock-bottom until we played Tulane. I was stunned with what I witnessed in Yankee Stadium, that had to be rock bottom. Until the very next week when we didn't even compete. While a loss Saturday would be a new bottom, I can only hope that would be rock-bottom.

It will be rock bottom for this season anyway.

Reaction Score
While I'm not sure everyone expected more than one or two more wins, especially after Cochran went down, what we DID expect was progress. The disappointment and ire on this board comes from the fact that there was no progress, if anything there was regression.

Please don't get mad at us who saw this and are disappointed, we are allowed to have an opinion and express it. And frankly, if you think there was progress you are delusional. Feel free to express it, but just own up to it please.
if you read the pre-season expectations, most said a bowl game. a lot had to do with the final 3 games of last season and the excitement of diaco.
the fact is, this team wasn't good last year, and isn't good this year. the frustration from my side is that everyone wants an answer now. they want wins now. they want improvement now. and when they don't get it, they create 'delusional' theories or rationales as to why things aren't happening as they wanted.

there is zero respect for the process or the challenges being faced by this coaching staff.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is zero respect from the head coach towards us - so that makes us even I guess.

Reaction Score
the 'very next week' after playing Army was a bye week wasn't it?
let's take one step back from the ledge.

Reaction Score
There is zero respect from the head coach towards us - so that makes us even I guess.
what does that mean when you're disrespected by the coach?
some yahoo on this board questions why Diaco doesn't run the flibbity-jibbit play on 4th down and 22 and because he doesn't respond it's disrespect?

Reaction Score
1. No, it's not either or. I have said in words of one sylable that nothing the staff has done this year should convince anywone that they will turn it around -- just that it shouldn't convince anyone that they can't.

2. The statement about Cochran and Whitmer astounds me a bit. I think it is clear that HCBD knew, coming into the season, that (i) Cochran had a history of concussions, and (ii) Cochran and/or his team had decided that one more and he was done. Now that we know that, and knowing we have a coach who won't tell us anything, isn't the most rational conclusion (or at least a rational conclusion) that of course he knew Cochran was better than Whitmer, but he couldn't commit the team and the reps to Cochran because he was too close to being done with his career? And, as it played out, wouldn't that have been a good decision, and not a poor one just because people didn't know what he was thinking on opening day?
If you go into a football game worrying about the future, that your quarterback might get injured, you might as well not bother showing up. And it still doesn't explain replacing Cochran when he did...mid drive in the red zone. Even if you wanted to protect him, OY! you don't do it then! At least no rational coach does.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
what does that mean when you're disrespected by the coach?
some yahoo on this board questions why Diaco doesn't run the flibbity-jibbit play on 4th down and 22 and because he doesn't respond it's disrespect?

No it's for reasons like 3/4's of the way through the season he is still talking about the problems he assumed. We lived it - we know how bad it was.

Based on the way he communicates through the media I get the impression he thinks we are pretty dim.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
No it's for reasons like 3/4's of the way through the season he is still talking about the problems he assumed. We lived it - we know how bad it was.

Based on the way he communicates through the media I get the impression he thinks we are pretty dim.

He finally cracked a few weeks back and started throwing everyone under the bus. Not himself, oh no. Very telling.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He finally cracked a few weeks back and started throwing everyone under the bus. Not himself, oh no. Very telling.

That's what turned me. He's not the guy I thought he was. JC got hammered his first year and never turned on his players like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom