Coaching Staff Change | The Boneyard

Coaching Staff Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How would anyone feel if we were to make a change in our coaching staff and bring in Scott Burrell and Emeka Okafor. That would give us an all NBA staff. Also we're still keeping it in the Uconn family. Imagine one of those two guys walking into a recruits home pitching the Uconn tradition and having a great recruiter. And Ollie sealing it . How many recruits would be not want be a part of that. Scott with his NBA championship ring and Emeka being the #2 overall pick. Think about it KO.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Playing in the NBA doesn't make you a good recruiter. Being warm, articulate, and able to connect with both teenagers and their parents does.

I can name plenty of NBA players who I wouldn't trust if they were calling my son on the phone and trying to get him to come to their program.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The only NBA players I want on our staff besides KO are Ray and Rip, unfortunately both of those are a pipe dream.

Reaction Score
No, no, no, no, no.

The "keep it in the family" coaching staff is cute, but have you noticed how we're getting circles run around us on the recruiting trail? I want our next assistants to be recruiting prodigies that have spent a hundred times more hours in AAU gyms than in Gampel.

Reaction Score
We need a closer.
20130927-215846.jpg

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Let's offer Josh Jackson's dad an assistant job while were at it.

Reaction Score
Why do people have the belief that a former NBA player equates to good recruiter/good coach/likability? I doubt there's a recruit out there who has any clue who Scott Burrell is. And hate to say this, but Emeka hasn't really been relevant in 8-9 years. Furthermore, can you imagine Emeka wanting to have anything to do with the sleaziness of AAU ball?

Reaction Score
The next assistant needs to know how to cheat and not get caught. They need to be buddies with WWW. Maybe RIP is a good choice.....

Reaction Score
Hiring former players with zero experience is cute at the high school level, not so much at a high level D-1 college. We need coaches on this staff with a proven track record who possess the teaching skills (and/or the recruiting skills) UConn needs. It's that simple.

Reaction Score
They need a big man coach who had a post game in college and doesn't like easy women. LOL!
Easy women are the best kind and hookers are always a sure thing.

Reaction Score
There is a lot of NBA buzz about Hoiberg and the Bulls. Not sure I buy it yet, but, Hoiberg's lead recruiter was linked to KO immediately post-hire and has ties with him back in the day. He is supposedly one of those young, tireless types which I think could help immensely.

Reaction Score
Everyone change their title for THE VIKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or else
Don't be a dipsh!t.
I'm sure I'm not the only who opened the thread and thought that a coaching change had already been made.
And I did say please, which isn't too shabby considering most Vikings would rape and plunder your entire family without being so nice.

Reaction Score
There is a lot of NBA buzz about Hoiberg and the Bulls. Not sure I buy it yet, but, Hoiberg's lead recruiter was linked to KO immediately post-hire and has ties with him back in the day. He is supposedly one of those young, tireless types which I think could help immensely.
abdelmessiih, yup. i remember him dapping up KO and hugging him before and after the game last year. Although Not sure what he can do recruiting wise when he cant lure players because of in conference schedule chalked full of ranked teams ( kansas,texas, etc)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Matt Abdelmassih - dude can recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky