Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This doesn't make sense on a few levels.

1) The difference being over assistants salary.
2) UConn leaking the assistant salary dispute.
3) UConn leaking that he declined.

That leak needs to be sourced and someone needs to lose their job.

Reaction Score
We need a win...it's been an emotional roller coaster being a UConn fan since 2009...final fours, national championships, bcs games, coaches leaving, awful coaching hires, conference realignment, ncaa tourney bans...what a ride.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Since so many of you believe the program's dead already because of the league, maybe we should be looking at a dead coach!!! VINCE LOMBARDI ACCEPTS UCONN JOB!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Since so many of you believe the program's dead already because of the league, maybe we should be looking at a dead coach!!! VINCE LOMBARDI ACCEPTS UCONN JOB!
We just tried the dead coach route and it didn't work.
highashell_PaulPasqualoni.jpg

Reaction Score
It's a weird out. Basically admitting a shortcoming. They could have said it was due to disagreements over a buyout.

It's not the end of the world.

I'm not sweating it, but would love to see UConn announce its next coach sooner than later.

Also, apparently there is no buyout for PN.

Reaction Score
Surprised that people are this upset. You have to roll with it in a coaching search. And at the end of the day, there's nothing to set apart a Diaco from a Herman or a Narduzzi. I admit that Weist, however, has pretty light credentials, having never been an OC until this season. Maybe the trial by fire as Interim is worth 5 seasons as an OC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We need a win...it's been an emotional roller coaster being a UConn fan since 2009...final fours, national championships, bcs games, coaches leaving, awful coaching hires, conference realignment, ncaa tourney bans...what a ride.

No need to fear. The karma has already turned:

Football: Won last three games (first 3-game winning streak since 2010), seemingly found our QB, with good names in the coaching search.
Soccer: Finished in the final 8.
Men BB: Ranked #9
Women BB: Ranked #1
Field Hockey: National Champs

Things are finally starting to roll right for us again, after the crappy roller coaster ride. We're in good shape now...lots to be happy about...

Reaction Score
Surprised that people are this upset. You have to roll with it in a coaching search. And at the end of the day, there's nothing to set apart a Diaco from a Herman or a Narduzzi. I admit that Weist, however, has pretty light credentials, having never been an OC until this season. Maybe the trial by fire as Interim is worth 5 seasons as an OC.

Narduzzi is a great coach. But he is the flavor of the moment. We're not his first choice, can't really look at it any other way.

Reaction Score
The day an AD, coach, or GM takes what the fans say into account on personnel matters, that GM, coach, or AD should be fired and counted among them fans him/herself. Fans don't have the foggiest idea of how the process works. We have our preference and we spout them off on message boards and Twitter, but we only see what we are allowed to see.

Let the process play out. Fans have zero concrete reason to believe Warde Manuel is not up the task. Already this process is light years ahead of that one from January 2011 and UConn doesn't even have a coach yet!!!.
In theory you're correct. But, don't underestimate the effect of 24x7 social media. Warde just like every other public figure is sustained at the pleasure of public support. You'd be nuts not to take the general views of the fan base into consideration. A bad hire lights a firestorm. Picking the wrong guy out of the box just provides the kindling. It has more impact than you suspect or wish existed.
As far as Warde is concerned, there are many reasons to believe he is not up to the job. The decisions he has made are reactive, cautious and slow. The rebranding was a giant fail. The AAC is an abortion and the UConn sport brand has tanked. I don't see any big vision, primer mover here. Im glad to be very very wrong.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi is a great coach. But he is the flavor of the moment. We're not his first choice, can't really look at it any other way.

Give me Diaco, Herman, or Lembo, I'll be fine. Nowhere to go but up in reality.

Reaction Score
I think somebody at a some kind of coaching carousel website bet somebody else at some coaching carousel website that they could get the number of hits on the boneyard coaching discussion board up to 50,000 by end of close of business today.... in under 3 tweets.

#SLEEVELESS

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We just tried the dead coach route and it didn't work.
highashell_PaulPasqualoni.jpg
Thanks for the laugh.

Just when you think the Athletic Department is becoming more professional we get this nonsense. :mad:

Reaction Score
In theory you're correct. But, don't underestimate the effect of 24x7 social media. Warde just like every other public figure is sustained at the pleasure of public support. You'd be nuts not to take the general views of the fan base into consideration. A bad hire lights a firestorm. Picking the wrong guy out of the box just provides the kindling. It has more impact than you suspect or wish existed.
As far as Warde is concerned, there are many reasons to believe he is not up to the job. The decisions he has made are reactive, cautious and slow. The rebranding was a giant fail. The AAC is an abortion and the UConn sport brand has tanked. I don't see any big vision, primer mover here. Im glad to be very very wrong.

I beg to differ. People hate change and it just takes time for people to get on board with it. Keep in mind, the rebranding decision was made and process began well before Warde even got there.

Reaction Score
I'm happy enough. I would prefer a proven winner like Lembo. I still remember what the 'defensive genius' Arnsparger did to the NY Giants as head coach. Calhoun was a proven winner before he came to UCONN.

The defensive coordinator Greg Robinson replaced P at Syracuse. I don't think Narduzzi would be that bad but still...there are no guarantees.

The bottom line is we don't want someone who doesn't want to be here.

Reaction Score

I'll bet you don't get too many invites to Xmas parties. Your gloom and doom all things Warde and UConn football is really boring.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I just want someone to come in here and turn around this crap sandwich were endured the past three years "minus the last three games".

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Then Weist Warde is not just a failure, but a abject failure. They'll be 80 people for some games next year.

This reminds me of one of Jesse "The Body" Ventura's best lines:

Announcer: "That was a blatant chokehold!"
Body: "What's the difference between a chokehold and a blatant chokehold?"

Thanks for the laugh.

Reaction Score
I'll bet you don't get too many invites to Xmas parties. Your gloom and doom all things Warde and UConn football is really boring.
I find you boring too, and your invitation to my Christmas party is formally cancelled.

Reaction Score
I almost clicked like. In fact I agree but I don't like it one bit. You have hit Warde Manuel right on the button, though.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, homeboy turned down a 400% bump in salary over assistant pay? I'm shifting my opinion to the "it had to be something else" side.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There's no scenario in which Warde leaks this thinking it helps UConn's image. It does the exact opposite. It's cutting of their nose to spite their face, if so.

What about the scenario that Warde truly doesn't know what he is doing?

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, homeboy turned down a 400% bump in salary over assistant pay? I'm shifting my opinion to the "it had to be something else" side.

Maybe as in, "I'm sorry Pat, but we're going to go in a different direction."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99