Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
He still meets up with PeePee and Ole Gray George at McDonalds on RT 5 in South Windsor on Sunday mornings. They fill him in on happenings in the college landscape.

What's good?
Small coffees, hot cakes and mc breakfast burritos all around. lol

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
SonsOfNutmeg said:
Saban... lol
you're the first to catch that Easter egg. You win the boneyard today. Hahs

Reaction Score
SonsOfNutmeg said:
Small coffees, hot cakes and mc breakfast burritos all around. lol

Hell no. Always large coffees that he brings home with him in the Buick Century. Mrs PeePee microwaves the left over coffee on Monday morning while he watches reruns of the golden girls. Tuesday's are bridge lessons at the senior center followed by lunch at the Red Onion.

Reaction Score
Have the Connecticut High School Football Coaches Association weighed in yet with their verdict?

I hear it's a good idea to factor in the opinion of PE teachers in the choosing of a Division 1 head football coach.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
If Hermann and Diaco are really on WM's list, why no mention anywhere of WM courtesy calls to Meyer and Kelly like to Dantonio? Maybe WM is already down to his short list of finalists?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Well at least Clawson is off the list now. Good for Wake, they went out and knew UConn was breathing down their neck with selecting a head coach too and got their man. This will certianly take some pressure off of Warde to make the right decision. WM needs to interview Narduzzi, Tom Herman, Bob Diaco, and potentially Rob Ambose just for good measure. In the end its going to be Narduzzi's job to turn down. Although my stock in Herman is rising the more I read about him, and Diaco has been a HC in waiting now for a few years. I don't know that he'd accept the job IMO. As much as I love this program, there is a lot of work to do and a lot of making up for the last 3 years of complete and udder failure to make good on by our next head coach. Who ever accepts needs to make this their program 100% and get the fans in this state energized and engaged again in UConn and the concept of "big boy" football in Connecticut... and that's all accomplished by winning. The pieces are all here, we just need the man to put them all (back) together.

Reaction Score
If Hermann and Diaco are really on WM's list, why no mention anywhere of WM courtesy calls to Meyer and Kelly like to Dantonio? Maybe WM is already down to his short list of finalists?
We only know of his call to MSU because Dantonio commented about it. Warde is VERY close to tOSU AD Kevin Smith...and ND may chose to not announce it like MSU did.

Reaction Score
Well at least Clawson is off the list now. Good for Wake, they went out and knew UConn was breathing down their neck with selecting a head coach too and got their man. This will certianly take some pressure off of Warde to make the right decision. WM needs to interview Narduzzi, Tom Herman, Bob Diaco, and potentially Rob Ambose just for good measure. In the end its going to be Narduzzi's job to turn down. Although my stock in Herman is rising the more I read about him, and Diaco has been a HC in waiting now for a few years. I don't know that he'd accept the job IMO. As much as I love this program, there is a lot of work to do and a lot of making up for the last 3 years of complete and udder failure to make good on by our next head coach. Who ever accepts needs to make this their program 100% and get the fans in this state energized and engaged again in UConn and the concept of "big boy" football in Connecticut... and that's all accomplished by winning. The pieces are all here, we just need the man to put them all (back) together.
At this point Ambrose may be the "I'll interview him if Narduzzi, Diaco and Herman all say no"..and even then just hire Lembo.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So we have cttxus asking about Diaco / Herman after it came up earlier in the thread and then Roussel tweets about surprising news. Hmmmm....

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
That's like rationaling letting career alcohoilcs deside who the Head Brewmast
Have the Connecticut High School Football Coaches Association weighed in yet with their verdict?

I hear it's a good idea to factor in the opinion of PE teachers in the choosing of a Division 1 head football coach.
Pete Roussel‏@coachingsearch
Hearing some surprising news about the UConn search. Trying to get more confirmation...
Its gotta be that Warde is interviewing Jim Tressel!!! :p

Reaction Score
sportsart said:
WTF. I guess I can buy a new F5 button and lack of sleep never killed anyone.

He's just fawking with you guys.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to sleep until there's announcement...so past the whiskey it's going to be a long week

Reaction Score
Warde hired a cocktail waitress from Hooters.

Actually the news is that Susan Herbst told him if he screws up this hire, his next job will be less glamorous.

make_the_donuts.jpg

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
So we have cttxus asking about Diaco / Herman after it came up earlier in the thread and then Roussel tweets about surprising news. Hmmmm....
I know nothing. And I think everyone on this board now knows that. :rolleyes: Helluva time to have given up drinking, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom