Coaching Hot Seat 2021 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Coaching Hot Seat 2021

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

I need some explaining

What do you need to know?

This program has been in disarray and I feel bad for the players who opted to remain. It's unfortunate it even got to this point as I don't understand how the athletic director could continue to support a coach with all the information that had been provided.

Reaction Score
What do you need to know?

This program has been in disarray and I feel bad for the players who opted to remain. It's unfortunate it even got to this point as I don't understand how the athletic director could continue to support a coach with all the information that had been provided.

Do an investigation, retain her, 14 players leave, then fire her after the fact. Why wait that long? Why let it get to the point of all the players leaving? I know you don't have the answers.

Reaction Score
Do an investigation, retain her, 14 players leave, then fire her after the fact. Why wait that long? Why let it get to the point of all the players leaving? I know you don't have the answers.
I wish I did, trust me. I've been wondering a lot of things about this program once this was starting come out in the press.

A lot of kids who are looking to further their education have gone through the ringer unfairly I believe. Yes, they're getting a free education but no one deserves to go through what has been documented here.

Reaction Score
Because the administration is blindingly incompetent.

Reaction Score
Wow that’s bad.
I think they were wrong to keep her initially but I don’t know the details.
But to make a decision “we have investigated and shes fine,” and then fire her 3 months later? That’s even worse.

And you wonder what the coach was thinking in the first place, as it seems unlikely she’ll ever be hired again.

I don’t get these coaches — you’re at a mid/low D1 school. What do you think screaming and being abusuve is going to get you? A winning record? 3rd place n the conference?

Reaction Score
Wow that’s bad.
I think they were wrong to keep her initially but I don’t know the details.
But to make a decision “we have investigated and shes fine,” and then fire her 3 months later? That’s even worse.

And you wonder what the coach was thinking in the first place, as it seems unlikely she’ll ever be hired again.

I don’t get these coaches — you’re at a mid/low D1 school. What do you think screaming and being abusuve is going to get you? A winning record? 3rd place n the conference?
She also has a prior history of discipline issues at previous schools. I have a few friends who raved about her as a coach from their dealings with her in AAU, but I was still a little skeptical.

Reaction Score
Hearing rumblings of an impending WBB HC firing at a P5 school.....possibly SEC
Would be interesting. To happen this late, something must have happened

I could guess a couple of SEC schools although for different reasons

Reaction Score
Oh boy. The timing seems odd especially with programs out on the recruiting trail and off-season programs starting up.

Has this happened at this point in the off-season before?

Reaction Score
Who would this even be -- Florida!? The other lower half teams all either have new or fairly new coaches...

Hard to imagine Mizzou would can Pingeton ...

Unless it's a misconduct situation of some type (anywhere, not at Mizzou in particular).

Reaction Score
FL just extended his contract (of course misbehavior trumps all but suggests this is a very recent development if it is indeed FL)

Reaction Score
Who would this even be -- Florida!? The other lower half teams all either have new or fairly new coaches...

Hard to imagine Mizzou would can Pingeton ...

Unless it's a misconduct situation of some type (anywhere, not at Mizzou in particular).
I doubt its Ole Miss but their athletic department has had a pretty short leash on coaches getting in trouble with the NCAA ever since the Hugh Freeze fiasco. (whether its treatment of players or recruiting violations), see former Ole Miss softball coach Mike Smith.

Though sudden termination makes me think misconduct, which could be anyone.

The most obvious speculation would be Florida, Alabama, or Missouri.

Reaction Score
I doubt its Ole Miss but their athletic department has had a pretty short leash on coaches getting in trouble with the NCAA ever since the Hugh Freeze fiasco. (whether its treatment of players or recruiting violations), see former Ole Miss softball coach Mike Smith.

Though sudden termination makes me think misconduct, which could be anyone.

The most obvious speculation would be Florida, Alabama, or Missouri.
Well, Arkansas just announced a new extension for Neighbors yesterday, Tennessee extended Harper earlier in the week, and Mulkey hasn't been in BR long enough to break any rules (and let's not kid ourselves, LSU doesn't actually care about rules in the basketball programs ;) ). Dawn and Gary are untouchable, you would think. Hard to imagine UGA letting go of Joni. Everyone else except the last 3 teams you mentioned (and Ole Miss, I guess) is pretty new.

Reaction Score
Well, Arkansas just announced a new extension for Neighbors yesterday, Tennessee extended Harper earlier in the week, and Mulkey hasn't been in BR long enough to break any rules (and let's not kid ourselves, LSU doesn't actually care about rules in the basketball programs ;) ). Dawn and Gary are untouchable, you would think. Hard to imagine UGA letting go of Joni. Everyone else except the last 3 teams you mentioned (and Ole Miss, I guess) is pretty new.
I will admit LSU cheats (recruiting wise men’s basketball) but so does everyone else in MBB. They all cheat, some get passes more than others especially if you are a blue blood program (cough… Duke… cough). Basketball recruiting is incredibly dirty and many have no idea how bad it gets.

no one is untouchable though if they have an inappropriate relationship with a player or staffer. Certain lines when crossed, you can never go back.

Reaction Score

Don't forget she also received an extension this year too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom