Coaching Hot Seat 2021 New | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Coaching Hot Seat 2021 New

Reaction Score
To those on here who under the mistaken impression that I'm new to WBB simply because I'm new to the BY here.....

I enjoyed watching UConn back when Abrosimova and Ralph played before injuries shortened their season/career(in the case of Ralph)

I watched Stales and later the Paris sisters(mostly Courtney) lead Oklahoma to prominence

I cheered for the hard-working Jackie Stiles as she led her team at SW Missouri State on an improbable run in the NCAAT

I watched Candace Parker lead her team to two titles and the incredible battles against Fowles and company at LSU

I watched Ruth Riley of Notre Dame take her team to a championship

I was surprised to see two freshmen (Toliver and Coleman) from Maryland lead their team to a title and never win a second

I watched Katie Douglas lead Purdue to a championship

I enjoyed Larkins and Latta lead North Carolina

I watched Texas A&M win and Miss. State play for championships.

I watched all of UConn's dominance over the years, the like of which we will probably never see again.

I have been watching WBB both on the college and pro level for a very long time and the advantage of being objective has allowed me to enjoy the great players on all of those teams over time. There are too many names to list them all but you get the idea.

I joined this board because I felt it was the only one I had seen that was chock full of knowledgeable people who not only enjoyed the sport but also had some good fun even when prodding and poking each other but without vitriol simply because they had differing opinions. I am a fan of WBB and will continue to be one.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The beat (down) continues at UVA:
  • Nov. 26: 70-80 loss to Rhode Island (at home).
  • Nov. 28: 65-74 loss to Richmond.

Current Record: 1-6.

Next up:
  • Dec. 5 @ George Washington (4-3)
  • Dec. 7, home vs. American (3-2, includes opening loss to GW)

Then, finals, and starting the ACC @ NC State.

Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Ooooh. I'll help.

Back when UConn played in the Big East Part une, they won 90 consecutive games. The 90-game winning streak spanned 3 seasons -- 2008-2009, 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 -- and UConn did not lose a conference game. For those 3 seasons combined, the Big East sent more teams to the NCAA tournament than any conference in the country. More than the SEC, more than the Big 12, more than the ACC and more than the PAC12. From the 2007-2008 season through the 2010-2011 season, UConn lost one regular season conference game (Rutgers in 2008). Again, during that stretch, the Big East sent more teams to the NCAA tournament than any conference in the country.
The Big Easy once wasn’t. Then is now, apples and oranges, and so on...

Reaction Score
Carolyn Kieger is having a rough go of things at Penn St. Still somewhat early -- she's in her 3rd season -- but they're 4-4 with losses to Kent St, BC, and Clemson (not exactly murderer's row)
(They do have a win over St Johns tho :( )

Reaction Score
Carolyn Kieger is having a rough go of things at Penn St. Still somewhat early -- she's in her 3rd season -- but they're 4-4 with losses to Kent St, BC, and Clemson (not exactly murderer's row)
(They do have a win over St Johns tho :( )
I was just thinking last night that she may have to be added to the list. Great minds.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom