Coaches road show bus gets pulled over by police and.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaches road show bus gets pulled over by police and..

Reaction Score
Some are. There are many who aren't (men's fans).

Not sure I'd describe it that way. Much like Yankee fans and their attitude towards the Sox. It's not so much the team or the players that we dislike, so much as their insufferable fans. I'd bet quite a few of them would otherwise be fans of the men, but aren't too keen on the way men's fans often interact with the women's board.

Reaction Score
@Mokum 1) Pretty straightforward: UConn athletics department and coaches (Edsall, Hurley, Penders, Pappa (mush) Gino, et al reaching out to UConn alumni and other Huskies' fans; relationship building/warm fuzzies, Q&A, etc.: potential increased ticket sales, donations, etc.; 2) UConn website article, tweet links, etc. 3) Download a VPN to access things you suggest are inaccessible in the Netherlands. 4) There's a mass blockage of all US news for Mokum; appreciate the benefits!
Thanks for the info. Used to be possible to view all the CT newspapers, then one day, boom, all gone. I have no idea why.

Reaction Score
Not sure I'd describe it that way. Much like Yankee fans and their attitude towards the Sox. It's not so much the team or the players that we dislike, so much as their insufferable fans. I'd bet quite a few of them would otherwise be fans of the men, but aren't too keen on the way men's fans often interact with the women's board.
This is so true. In the old days, rivalries were about the other team, for the most part. Today, it is the opposing fans, for the most part.

I haven't witnessed this hatred of the men's team by women's fans. I have witnessed the disdain for men's fans. It is often deserved.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I haven't witnessed this hatred of the men's team by women's fans. I have witnessed the disdain for men's fans. It is often deserved.

It really boils down to the Calhoun-Gene feud, in my opinion. Women’s fans who hated Calhoun because Geno hates him too extended their dislike to the team he coached.

There are also some posts I’ve seen women’s team fans make about men’s team players here on the Boneyard that are Cesspool material, but that doesn’t have to be gotten into.

Reaction Score
It really boils down to the Calhoun-Gene feud, in my opinion. Women’s fans who hated Calhoun because Geno hates him too extended their dislike to the team he coached.

There are also some posts I’ve seen women’s team fans make about men’s team players here on the Boneyard that are Cesspool material, but that doesn’t have to be gotten into.
There are also the women's fans that think because someone isnt interested in women's basketball they automatically "don't like" the UConn women.

I couldn't be more neutral about the UConn women. The only time they ever inconvenience me is when they lose and the old lady in my office asks me 100 questions about a game I didn't even watch.

Reaction Score
There are also the women's fans that think because someone isnt interested in women's basketball they automatically "don't like" the UConn women.

I think one of the main reasons WB fans get a hair across their a*s is when guys dismiss it as unimportant or boring.

Reaction Score
It really shouldn't bother me but I get so annoyed when i see those UConn Basketball where the men are men and the women are champions bumper stickers.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. Used to be possible to view all the CT newspapers, then one day, boom, all gone. I have no idea why.

Personal blackout/blockade and part of a larger brainwashing scheme... You should be feeling persecuted...and paranoid.
And, even if you aren't feeling paranoid...that doesn't mean 'Europe' isn't out to get you. Should bolt ASAP, while/IF you can.....

Reaction Score
It really shouldn't bother me but I get so annoyed when i see those UConn Basketball where the men are men and the women are champions bumper stickers.

kinda funny...has to be Geno's ideer.....

Reaction Score
I think one of the main reasons WB fans get a hair across their a*s is when guys dismiss it as unimportant or boring.
Which is such a weird reason to be offended. Granted a large portion of the WBB fans are total snowflakes. I don't go to their board often but it's not a coincidence that many of the boneyard deplorables spend a ton of time on the women's board. It's just the demographic

Reaction Score
Used to be possible to view all the CT newspapers, then one day, boom, all gone. I have no idea why.
You may have no idea why @Mokum, but try harder. , you're in the Koninkrijk der Nederlanden; not Russya, Bylorussya , China, Cuba, the House of Saud, etc. Use a good VPN in Amsterdam, you'll be able to access pretty much anything.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Anyone who misspells Geno on this board does it on purpose and shows lack of respect toward him. What I don’t get, is the ones who don’t like the women’s program. Those on the women’s board are still big UConn men’s fans.
Many over there have no connection to the university and are just fans of the women’s team. Must be nice. We have the same 15 idiots bumping into each other over here

Reaction Score
@Mokum 1) Pretty straightforward: UConn athletics department and coaches (Edsall, Hurley, Penders, Pappa (mush) Gino, et al reaching out to UConn alumni and other Huskies' fans; relationship building/warm fuzzies, Q&A, etc.: potential increased ticket sales, donations, etc.; 2) UConn website article, tweet links, etc. 3) Download a VPN to access things you suggest are inaccessible in the Netherlands. 4) There's a mass blockage of all US news for Mokum; appreciate the benefits!
I use cyberghost globally. There is a limited wait queue for the free version but it works everywhere I have been. Easy download. One of many but the one I use.

Reaction Score

That would be news to the moderators there. They run a tight ship, and there is no tolerance for any type of personal attacks, especially on players.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Just fyi, an easy, free alternative: it's also possible to use Opera Browser (if you're not familiar it's a popular alternative to Firefox/Chrome/Safari).

It has a built in VPN in incognito mode that you can turn on. So you click the VPN button, select whether you want to appear from Europe/America/Asia, and off you go.

You can also use it for sites that only let you have a couple articles a month. Just open, VPN, and voila you get more as many articles as you want.

I use a regular VPN service, but also use Opera if I need to appear located from a different country during a session.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
That would be news to the moderators there. They run a tight ship, and there is no tolerance for any type of personal attacks, especially on players.

Yeah, no personal attacks on “their girls,” but I don’t think that extends to the men.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I've noticed a lot more snowflake men posters. But, then again, I'm here.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I’d honestly be more interested in going to women’s games if the crowd didn’t look like bingo night at the senior center. I’ve never understood why that’s the case

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I’d honestly be more interested in going to women’s games if the crowd didn’t look like bingo night at the senior center. I’ve never understood why that’s the case

The actual basketball being played on the court -- below the rim and emphasizing fundamentals -- reminds them of their youth. The athleticism and low-post physicality in the men's game today renders it almost a separate sport for them.

Reaction Score
The actual basketball being played on the court -- below the rim and emphasizing fundamentals -- reminds them of their youth. The athleticism and low-post physicality in the men's game today renders it almost a separate sport for them.
Where did you see that low post physicality and athleticism? Just wondering.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

I don't think it is an either or proposition for most people. I enjoy the fundamentals being well executed by the women and their skill level. And I enjoy the men's game even more.
People should stop seeing this as a contest. I think there is an insecurity shown by that. By either set of fans. And it is a loud minority on each side that perpetuates it, not a majority. There is no obnoxious women's fan that threatens my being a fan of the men. And their is no macho men's fan or aging crowd for the women that cause me to lose appreciation for the women.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom