Reaction Score
Splitting this up with my pick in each:

North - Geno, Bluder, MM, Walz, Kieger
South - Meier, Moore, Mulkey, Schaeffer, Butler
West - Graves, Fortier, Rueck, Vanderveer, Roberts

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Honestly, most of the big names are teams that were expected to be near the top.

UCONN was preseason 2. Oregon 3, OSU 8/9. L'ville 5/4, Marquette 19, Miami 25/24. Iowa 13/17, NC State 18,16, Mississippi State, Stanford, ND etc. were all ranked up there too.

I'd go with Fortier (Gonzaga) with runners up Moore (NC State), Butler (Clemson), Roberts (Utah). Moore gets some love cuz of who he lost and what he's done since that happened, but the others came from nowhere, especially Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
is the vote for regular season only? If so then Katie Meier or Wes Moore

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

I really want to add Meier to your list, tho

Reaction Score

why Graves? His team is stacked with talent.............

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice that little disclaimer on the bottom of the announcement?

"Players can play their way onto and off the list at any point in the 2018-19 season."

Seems as if they just edited the Naismith players announcement (poorly). :oops:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wes Moore would be my pick for this year. If she can build on the progress she made this year at Clemson then I think Amanda Butler could easily win it next year. Most of the other coaches have too much talent on their teams to be deserving of the award.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I know where I am when I say this (and know what I've said in the past) but I'm somewhat surprised Kevin McGuff isn't at least a representative from the B1G for this. Not saying he should be national coach but I think he should be right there with B1G Coach of the Year, considering what he lost and what he brought (9 new faces) and was able to finish possibly tied for fourth in the league. I know OSU had a bout of consecutive losses and started league play 0-3, but they've turned it around and beat all MSU, Indiana, and Rutgers (when they were all ranked, maybe not as impressive anymore) and played Maryland close their first game at Maryland. I just think from where they stared (looked like a high school team) to where they are now is an impressive coaching job. I was expecting, and I'd imagine most of the B1G and nation, tOSU to finish at the bottom half of the league at the best.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm a bit surprised Lynne Roberts is on this late season list, considering how badly Utah faded in the second half of the conference schedule. Any other coaches on this list have a 6 game losing streak?

I'm leaning towards agreeing with several others in regards to Wes Moore. Continuing to win games throughout the season despite the terrible string of injuries was quite a feat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom