Coach K Last Season 2021-22 | The Boneyard

Coach K Last Season 2021-22

Reaction Score
Love to hate the guy, but one of the greatest coaches of all-time.

In 22-23, Leonard Hamilton will take over as the elder statesman of the ACC. Maybe he'll finally get the national attention he deserves. One of my favorite coaches of all time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Brad Stevens to Duke rumor mill begins… now.
Beat me to it. There's a reason he is stepping down.

He is going to do a one year asst gig at dook and then take over.

Reaction Score
Btw. Im surprised they would go the route of giving the job to somebody with zero experience. I always thought the job would go to Bobby Hurley when K retired since he has proven success.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Somehow, John Schneider as coach of Duke seems vaguely appropriate. I do think there are likely to be NCAA violations. After all he's been in trouble with law since the day he was born.

1622654473537.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Btw. Im surprised they would go the route of giving the job to somebody with zero experience. I always thought the job would go to Bobby Hurley when K retired since he has proven success.
Danny is a better coach than Bobby. I never understand schools like UNC and Duke not going with the best available candidate.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I know he’s old and has had health issues but I wonder if there is going to be more info re violations coming to light (not that the ncaa will be the one exposing them or is planning on doing anything about them)

legacy is everything to these guys. I wonder if K wouldn’t actually hate having some top available non-Duke-affiliated coach (where he couldn’t take any credit) come in and kill it.

Reaction Score
Should be interesting to watch UNC and Duke go through transitions at the same time and see if there's regression at both. Could open the door some to help with UConn's ascension to power again.

Reaction Score

Good for him.

I doubt any violations will come to light. That's not really a thing anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer rules are part of the decision. I'm all for the players having added abilities to transfer (just like regular students) but I do understand it's going to significantly alter and likely damage college sports.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
On what planet would the president of the Celtics leave to become the HC at Duke just crazy talk. There was never any support for all the speculation stevens had an itch to return to college and there isn’t now.
But what about coaching vs. not coaching? Don't you think he'd rather coach than GM?

Reaction Score
Good for him.

I doubt any violations will come to light. That's not really a thing anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer rules are part of the decision. I'm all for the players having added abilities to transfer (just like regular students) but I do understand it's going to significantly alter and likely damage college sports.
i don't think it'll "damage" college sports - but it will certainly change how coaches have to operate. losing any bit of leverage on players like that will certainly impact the landscape. a lot of these older coaches might not be up to the task anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom