Coach Jim gives the Boneyard props... | The Boneyard

Coach Jim gives the Boneyard props...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought the Yard was invisible or non existent to the team and coaches. Maybe Coach being retired can now validate the taboo.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That's nice of him.

So, by God, if you've yet to donate, you can retroactively be thanked by Jim Calhoun by following the link below.

The Boneyard Honors Coach Calhoun

We've already achieved the goal of buying a heart pump for the Cardiac Center, we've had racing stripes put on it and it's rolling on 20' dubs. It's the nicest cardiac pump the world has ever seen...but the Cardiac Center can always use the extra cash to do whatever it is that cardiac centers do.

So if you missed it the first time around or the second time around or even the third, fourth or fifth time around, the sixth time is the charm. Donate and then let me know or jleves know.

We'll have some news about the June get-together at the Calhoun Charity Walk/Run/Ride/Crawl right after the new year.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Let me dive in here. It's the quiet exam period so there's no excuse about not having enough time. Also, there is only a little time left to make tax deductible 2012 contributions. Need a tax break? Help buy a Boneyard Life Saving Pump of Destiny!

Really, it's a great cause and a great message.

If you donate, let me know via PM and I'll add you to the list of donors and bump it up to the top of the page once again. It's been way too long since I've been able to do that. Already donated and didn't tell me? Tell me now.

Don't forget you can always join the thread for contributions for wins, threes, beating top 25 teams, or every time you annoy your wife.

And thanks for everyone who helped meet this goal and get this really great medical kit.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I thought the Yard was invisible or non existent to the team and coaches. Maybe Coach being retired can now validate the taboo.
You would be shocked at who reads the boneyard. I was stunned at the final four in Houston when someone very close to the program knew who CAHUSKY was. I was introduced as a donor from Lake Tahoe and they asked if I was CAHUSKY.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Listen to his tribute to the Boneyard about the 19 minute mark of the audio. He sounds very appreciative.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/wtic-sports-talk/#

At the risk of appearing dumber than usual, I will admit that I cannot find the Calhoun interview. Any suggestions?

Edit: okay, when I tried for the 3rd or 4th time, the shows came up. Never mind.

Edit2: That was very nice. He spoke about getting goosebumps when he heard about The Boneyard honoring him and the program, raising the money for a heartfelt cause for him.

You can scroll it forward (so you don't have to wait 20 minutes) if you click, hold, and move to the right on the top part of the window that pops up.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im glad this happened. thanks jc!

Reaction Score
Holy .

If hearing that doesn't give you the chicken skin, nothing will. I'm prouder than ever to be a fan of this program and to have been lucky enough to be part of all this. I'm gonna give Coach a big hug at the bike ride this summer.

Reaction Score
At the risk of appearing dumber than usual, I will admit that I cannot find the Calhoun interview. Any suggestions?

Edit: okay, when I tried for the 3rd or 4th time, the shows came up. Never mind.

I'm having the same problem when I click on my link. Doesn't seem like others are. Who knows?

Reaction Score
It's at 17:50 of part 2 of the Ollie show 12-12-12

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We'll have some news about the June get-together at the Calhoun Charity Walk/Run/Ride/Crawl right after the new year.
I'm gonna give Coach a big hug at the bike ride this summer.
If we attend the big do this summer, do we have to admit what our board name is, or can we be anonymous? Or can we lie? I'm a lil' scared to be outed among some peeps who might like to hurt me.

Not that that's an uncommon occurrence for me, but I'd just like to know ahead of time so I can make it body armor instead of Under Armour.

Reaction Score
Genuine Coach JC, proud to be a Husky fan and a fan of Coach Calhoun........made my love for the Huskies more than I can imagine and that was great to hear.....

And now it's time to get behind KO as he said...........the more wins the more I add to the donation total !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom