Coach Hurley | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
Hurley was pretty much the conventional choice anticipated by both the fans and media. So Benedict gets some credit but not much. His choice of Edsall puts him at or below zero.

The point is that Hurley had multiple suitors with more resources than us. Credit where credit is due.

Reaction Score
Don't wish your life away waiting for the right time to allow yourself to be happy and optimistic. It took them till February last year to score 80+ points twice in regulation, the cupcakes were going to overtime, remember the 2 assist type of games last year?, the defense actually looks like it has some teeth, the players look happier and it is creating a good atmosphere for recruiting.

No one is trying to claim he is gonna have 1000 wins at UConn, but as you noted in your profile, the Boneyard is fun again!
Lol “wish my life away”

Try “a healthy amount of skepticism”

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hurley was pretty much the conventional choice anticipated by both the fans and media. So Benedict gets some credit but not much. His choice of Edsall puts him at or below zero.
Most were excited on Day 1, but by Day 2, if you didn't know that:

...then I think your expectations were too high to begin with.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
How does Benedict look next year if the football team goes 7-5?
I don't know? How does he look if he wakes up discovering that the he has the ability to lay golden eggs? Because at this point that is slightly more likely.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting thought. Al, Josh and Tyler will all be Seniors then, Sid and Brendan will be Juniors, and Bouknight and Gaffney will be sophomores. Mix in a couple more real good recruits, and it could get very interesting.

By the way, Al is one of the easiest guys to like who ever put on a Huskies uniform, and I love that Coach Hurley calls him Al.
I wonder if Al calls Hurley Betty when he calls him Al.

Reaction Score
What did you play and who was your coach? No answer then it"s not true.
Anybody can name a sport and look up past coaches. You'll just have to take my word, but I can assure you young lad, I am no liar. In fact I'll take this opportunity to say this: I joined the boneyard only just a month ago, and from what I've gathered, if you're looking for a fraud you can probably find one at www.MrChief00.com/liarliarpantsonfire. Pls Correct me if I'm wrong.

(I "played" Track & Field)

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
No doubt about it. If he plays two more years we win it all in 2020-2021
Theoretically he could apply for another year and play until 2021-22. Because his injury happened so early last year he can get a medical redshirt if he wanted.

Reaction Score
Theoretically he could apply for another year and play until 2021-22. Because his injury happened so early last year he can get a medical redshirt if he wanted.

I know. His first redshirt he applied for immediately as a freshman. Last year after getting hurt he did not apply for the redshirt, and I just viewed it as an indicator of his plans, that he's outta here after that 2020-2021 season. That would be 5 years of college, he'll be 23.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know. His first redshirt he applied for immediately as a freshman. Last year after getting hurt he did not apply for the redshirt, and I just viewed it as an indicator of his plans, that he's outta here after that 2020-2021 season. That would be 5 years of college, he'll be 23.

You actually can't apply for that 2nd waiver until you've played your last year of eligibility. Then you apply and are usually granted it in these types of cases.

Reaction Score
You actually can't apply for that 2nd waiver until you've played your last year of eligibility. Then you apply and are usually granted it in these types of cases.
Thank you gentlemen for the heads up. Even knowing this I still think he'll be moving on after the 2020-2021 season. Strictly an opinion because what do I know about Alterique's thought process.

Reaction Score
View attachment 36871
Off of Brendan Adam's Instagram

This further speaks to the culture that Hurley is creating here at UConn. Brendan is Hurley's first true High School recruit, and this solidifies the type of attitude he's looking to bring to Storrs. The kid isn't getting plenty of minutes, yet here is buying in to putting every minute of the day towards bball. I was a D1 athlete myself at UConn (humble brag), and let me tell you, I had PLENTY of time for the lady huskies ( I once got 6 phone numbers in one night; 1 more and I would have gotten an entire phone number).
I can't wait to watch Brendan's growth over the next few years.
It’s not even a picture of a real girl!!!

Reaction Score
This picture popped up on my Facebook. I used to live 4 blocks away from LIU and would catch some games there. Wagner rolled in and I was amused to see the young coach going at it on the sidelines. The all time NCAA assist leader was assisting as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 3.45.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 3.45.23 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 43

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member