C'mon Huskies! Official Iowa State vs. UCONN prediction thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

C'mon Huskies! Official Iowa State vs. UCONN prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Morning Glantz-Culver line has us favored by five...........frankly makes no sense to me. As much as I want this game and want to see Nebrich/McCummings combo give us something positive, I do not see us prevailing. After watching ISU on Saturday and their talented QB, I can only hope we hold them to under 30. Reason tells me--- ISU 29, UConn 17, with Nebrich/McCummings giving more reason to hope.

Reaction Score
Iowa State 35-UCONN 14. I don't see our offense beign capable of moving the football.

Reaction Score
59 - 3 UConn! (hey, I predicted this score for the Fordham game, and we won. Gotta keep riding this score until it stops working)

Reaction Score
How does any fan pick against their own team after the SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON - ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!! YOU GUYS ARE PATHETIC !! You all must be Yankee fans or a drunken gambler. UCONN 24-17

Reaction Score
How does any fan pick against their own team after the SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON - ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!! YOU GUYS ARE PATHETIC !! You all must be Yankee fans or a drunken gambler. UCONN 24-17
You must be the the Dad that hands out trophies to the last place team so no one gets their feelings hurt

Reaction Score
I didn't see any of the Iowa St game but they seemed to have peformed well in a heated rivalry game and should be coming into East Hartford with a ton of confidence.
On the other hand I did watch the UConn game and couldn't come away with a lot of positives. Offense was truly offensive and the D, while coming up with some big plays, also gave up some big scoring plays.
Unfortunately, I just don't see the Huskies able to pull this one off with such an unsettled QB and WR situation.

Iowa State 21 UConn 6

Reaction Score
You must be the the Dad that hands out trophies to the last place team so no one gets their feelings hurt
Far from it. But I do cheer for my team no matter what. Are you a Yankee fan or drunken gambler ??

Reaction Score
Iowa +5 sounds like the pick of the century right about now. But I like us in OT 27-24. They have a big win to celebrate and the celebration is going to end on Friday. The fans need to be part of this equation and it changes things for us along with last week's jolt of reality. Nick Williams to the house!

Reaction Score
Far from it. But I do cheer for my team no matter what. Are you a Yankee fan or drunken gambler ??
Hey, hey, hey. Easy on Yankee fans and drunken gamblers! :p (god these emoticons are fruity)

Reaction Score
If trick shot is under center. 24-6 iowa st.Defense can't stay on the field all night.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
20 -6 in favor of the Iowa State Hawkeyes

huskypantz

Reaction Score
You know folks, the intent here is to show some spirit. Predicting losses ......not good.
BCS national championship game
UConn 69 (missed extra point), Oklahoma 7 (McEntee pick six)

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Just because you don't think your team is going to win doesn't mean that you don't cheer for them. You think anyone likes feeling this bad about the team's chances? Yes, only the 3rd game of the season but you have to work with the facts that have been established in the preceding games. Doing otherwise is just operating with blinders on and listening only to opinions that support your own (i.e. deluding yourself). I sure hope I'm wrong and if so will be incredibly and very pleasantly surprised.

Reaction Score

I have to agree with you....sort of.

I'll respect that people have a right to their opinion. But it boggles my mind to think someone can predict a loss during the week before the game. Half the fun of being a fan is the excitement and hope that all the hard work our men put in pays off.

If I was as pessimistic as some on here I would stop following the team and most definetly would stop going to games

How can it be fun thinking your team is going to get beat? We ain't Duke people. We have a great defense and a very good home record.

We win 24-20 First offensive TD in a while.

Reaction Score
20 -6 in favor of the Iowa State Hawkeyes

Not sure if serious...

Your defense scares me. Your offense doesn't.

I'll go 21-18, Cyclones, but I wouldn't be shocked if we lost. We're coming off a 3OT emotional win against our hated in-state rivals, and heading halfway across the country to play a night game with one less day to prepare. Your defense is salty, and likely the best we've seen all year. Jantz may have been on fire against Iowa, but he struggled for the first 3 quarters against FCS Northern Iowa. If Rhoads can have the guys ready to go, I think we should be able to pull it out, but he hasn't done this best job of having the team ready after emotional games. We got hammered against an A&M squad that couldn't play any defense in 2009 after we beat Nebraska, and got hammered by a lame duck Colorado squad lkast year after nearly knocking off Nebraska again.

I had planned on going to the game, but it didn't work out. A few of my buddies are going to be there. I'll probably try and make it back when this becomes a conference game.

Reaction Score
Hey guys...Iowa St. fan here. You want to see highlights of us against Iowa, link is below. Offensive line played better than i think they are..Steele Jantz (QB) is a beast, and good wide receivers. Great linebacking core, aggressive secondary, but atrocious D-Line (so far.) I don't know anything about Uconn, but i hope it'll be a good, clean game. I think (w/o knowing much about you guys) either
1) Iowa St. comes in over-confident and loses, or
2) Rhodes has the troops ready, we win.
Either way, looking foreword to watching the game on ESPN2...
p.s. Did someone REALLY call us the Iowa St. Hawkeyes? :S ...
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaThJOFQy1Y

Reaction Score
Howdy Neighbors ;-)

I just joined your fine message board, and I'm surprised to see the doom and gloom. I can tell you, ISU fans are nervous about this game. Seems like a trap

Reaction Score
oh, and I'll go 24-10 ISU (hoping our offense gets the ball rolling without turnovers)

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Not sure if serious...
There's a little history to the Iowa State "Hawkeyes". When we played you guys in 2002, there was no TV for the game. All we had was radio, and our longtime UConn bball/football announcer Joe D'Ambrosio kept calling you the "Hawkeyes". I still remember people on your rivals board getting p'd about it, as I believe UConn had the only internet radio feed. Even our announcers were going through 1AA-to-1A transition growing pains. So hopefully he gets it right this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom