2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny thing about basketball, is that NCAA bigs don't have to be great. Just good enough to contribute to making their team better and of course winning. To me a big that rebounds and defends at a high level is Div 1 ready. The refinements (i.e. assists, scoring, ball handling, etc.) will come with more coaching, practice and conditioning. Many schools aren't capable to help them with refinements, but a school with an experienced coach ( ;) ) will get them NBA ready.

A lot of HS bigs only look at playing time and exposure and mistakenly don't value refinements (which is really improvements) when selecting. Understandably, they think they're better than they really are, because of high school domination.

No finer example than one Jake Voskuhl. Never scored twenty points in a game in high school, college or the NBA but had a long career and made lots of money due to his fundamentals.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No finer example than one Jake Voskuhl. Never scored twenty points in a game in high school, college or the NBA but had a long career and made lots of money due to his fundamentals.

That is a flagrantly false statement.

Reaction Score

from the article

Clingan said he has spoken with both head coaches and assistant coaches at all of the schools that have offered. That includes UConn coach Danny Hurley as the Huskies make their return to the Big East Conference this season.

If Clingan, 16, is leaning one way or another, he is not telling.

“They (UConn) mean the same to me as every other school does. (Hurley) is a great, funny dude and is leading that program in the right direction,” Clingan said. “Just because they are close to home doesn’t make me like them any more.”

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
from the article

Clingan said he has spoken with both head coaches and assistant coaches at all of the schools that have offered. That includes UConn coach Danny Hurley as the Huskies make their return to the Big East Conference this season.

“They (UConn) mean the same to me as every other school does. (Hurley) is a great, funny dude and is leading that program in the right direction,” Clingan said. “Just because they are close to home doesn’t make me like them any more.”
He's playing hard to get. And now I want him so much more.

Reaction Score
from the article

Oof that hurts. I think I speak for a lot of Ct fans when saying I’ll root for Donovan regardless of where he plays. I’ll just root a lot harder if he becomes a Husky. Hopefully his family knows we just really want to see him become a CT legend.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I fully expect him to be a husky. Id be shocked if he went anywhere else.
1605844481402.png

Reaction Score
from the article

YIkes, I don't like the sound of that.

Reaction Score
Bring-In Clingan!!!!! "Hometown Hero brings UCONN back to national dominance and Championship #5 on his way to being a perennial NBA all-star" LOVE IT!

Reaction Score
For the sake of discussion and because he has stated he will not be making any decisions soon.. If DC did not choose the Good Guys... Do Yarders see DLively ..Who is currently rated higher than DC on some ratings services. As an attractive Plan B?? Been playing with Sool in some all star games.. Let me be clear ..Would like to see DC in Storrs..Don't know how serious DC is about a "package" with Avery Brown..Some of DH's guard targets for 2022 might be better for our roster than AB..Still a lot of time for this all to play out..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul