2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Just looked this up. Over a 4 year career career Art Quimby averaged 17.5 and 21.5. That's pretty epic. Wonder how the Yankee matches up with the old big east tho....

Reaction Score
This kid better come to Storrs. It makes absolutely no sense to me how you can grow up in CT watching UConn basketball and not want to be a part of that.

Remember, he's a kid and it could be hard to resist the allure of playing for a renowned, championship (1) coach like JB.............................or not.
If I were forced to make a prediction, using logic, which does not often apply today, I'd have to say a kid who wants to stay in his local high school just might want to stay in his own state and be part of something special developing right in his own backyard.

Reaction Score
There are several kids Clingan's size around the country. I think Hunter Dickenson in this 2020 class is a great comp. Whatever Dickenson accomplishes at Michigan this year will set my expectations for Clingan as a freshman. Dickenson was also ranked 30-40 and absolutely kicked ass when he played #1 Mobley. That didn't change his ranking. I'm 'all in' when it comes to Clingan based on my own eye test.

Reaction Score
Bigs develop late. The kid is already bigger than all but a handful of guys in the NBA. He'll figure it out
Funny thing about basketball, is that NCAA bigs don't have to be great. Just good enough to contribute to making their team better and of course winning. To me a big that rebounds and defends at a high level is Div 1 ready. The refinements (i.e. assists, scoring, ball handling, etc.) will come with more coaching, practice and conditioning. Many schools aren't capable to help them with refinements, but a school with an experienced coach ( ;) ) will get them NBA ready.

A lot of HS bigs only look at playing time and exposure and mistakenly don't value refinements (which is really improvements) when selecting. Understandably, they think they're better than they really are, because of high school domination.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Funny thing about basketball, is that NCAA bigs don't have to be great. Just good enough to contribute to making their team better and of course winning. To me a big that rebounds and defends at a high level is Div 1 ready. The refinements (i.e. assists, scoring, ball handling, etc.) will come with more coaching, practice and conditioning. Many schools aren't capable to help them with refinements, but a school with an experienced coach ( ;) ) will get them NBA ready.

A lot of HS bigs only look at playing time and exposure and mistakenly don't value refinements (which is really improvements) when selecting. Understandably, they think they're better than they really are, because of high school domination.
100% truth.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Not even close. Idc how many people reply to me saying the exact same thing you and the 3 people before you said. It’s called a difference of opinion and my opinion is what it is. The NBA careers went in vastly different directions imo. Cliff > Emeka for me final answer

One was a national player of the year candidate. The other fell short of first team all conference.

You are entitled to your opinion. It wouldn't hurt you to recognize, however, that the entire college basketball following world would not just disagree with it but think it's a bizarre one.

Reaction Score

Here's the article.

An excerpt where UConn is discussed:

Clingan says recently he’s talked with head coaches from UConn, Notre Dame, Rutgers, and Georgetown.

I asked him what his relationship is like with UConn coach Danny Hurley, who was one of the first coaches to spark interest in Clingan, his answer: Great. He [Hurley] saw him several times this past season, capping it off with attending a game where Clingan competed against Hurley’s younger son.

“He loves my game and tells me choosing UConn would be the best decision of my life.”

The article is from September

Reaction Score
Does he dip?
Yeah, heard he likes....
1605580665701.png

Last edited:

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I would be so pissed if this guy went to Ohio State. The fact that he stays in public school when he clearly could play at any prep school in the are gives off strong "stay home and play for UConn" vibes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom