2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Taking His Time with Recruiting Process (Syracuse on SI) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Taking His Time with Recruiting Process (Syracuse on SI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
In the age of Covid, I have seen many athletes commit a little closer to home rather than far away. Just I case I guess.
I mean this is true. UConn is allowing friends and family in this year. Isn’t he a junior in Hs? One would hope that won’t be a factor.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Not if it's a place like Sparty or Cuse. Why bother? Stanford or UCLA, maybe.
I'm confused. Some people are concerned about Michigan St. as big competition for DC, others keep mentioning Michigan. Which is it?

Reaction Score
I'm confused. Some people are concerned about Michigan St. as big competition for DC, others keep mentioning Michigan. Which is it?
Probably both. Michigan was supposedly his team growing up and Mich St has been recruiting very hard.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All I know is the Yard, and the Mich reference I just read in this thread was the only time I've seen them come up.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We must cling to Clingan.

Reaction Score
Michigan St. has offered. I don’t believe Michigan has. Michigan St. has five-star C Enoch Boakye coming in for 2022. However, there is a chance he could reclassify.

As others have mentioned, Clingan talked about being a Michigan fan in an interview. Michigan assistant Howard Eisley was at one his games last year. Besides that, I don’t know how heavily they’re recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Michigan St. has offered. I don’t believe Michigan has. Michigan St. has five-star C Enoch Boakye coming in for 2022. However, there is a chance he could reclassify.

As others have mentioned, Clingan talked about being a Michigan fan in an interview. Michigan assistant Howard Eisley was at one his games last year. Besides that, I don’t know how heavily they’re recruiting him.
Pretty sure Eisley is 0-Uconn.

Reaction Score
If given a choice at center between either 6’3” Gaffney or 6’9” Sanogo, we’d all choose Sanogo. He’s 6” taller, at the position where height matters most of all.

That said, I’d put a 7’3” (skilled) Clingan at center every day of the week. He’s 6 inches taller than Sanogo. 6 inches taller. Think about how large that is. Sanogo dwarfs Gaffney. Clingan dwarfs Sanogo.

Is Sanogo a legit center, size wise, in college? Absolutely. But Clingan has that once in a generation size. And he’s skilled.

If he comes here, he starts at some point his freshman year. Sanogo plays 4/5.
We don’t know how skilled DC will be coming in as a freshman. If we just talking his height the Jevonte would of been starting

Reaction Score
unless Adama shows tremendous improvement I think he will be here at least 3 if not 4 years. I am not sure if you watched the Marquette but Garcia (who is a McDonalds All American totally outclassed him. I believe that Garcia is 6'11 and skilled but that is what you are up against in the NBA

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We don’t know how skilled DC will be coming in as a freshman.
I think we know how skilled he will be just like we know this is the world's smallest horse:

Reaction Score

Yes, he said that. What people are telling you is that the odds of him being ready to be an NBA player at the end of next season is really, really low. I'd like to be an NBA player in a year and a half as well. I'll admit he has a better chance than me, but I don't see him having a realistic chance.

Reaction Score
I think we know how skilled he will be just like we know this is the world's smallest horse:

Like I said we don’t know kid haven’t even made his college decision yet so WE DONT KNOW!!!

Reaction Score
Question for people who have seen him. How’s his mobility? Will he have the Hurley hard hedge in his bag? That’s the one question I have. On tape his feet look a little slow but it’s difficult to ascertain some things from tape.
I’ve only seen him play 2 times. His feet are a little bit slow laterally but his jumping is reasonably quick for his size.

F

FanMan

Michigan hasn't offered. And Michigan St has gotten a Center since offering Clingan. I don't think either are in the top anymore. I think our main competition for Clingan are Syracuse, Notre Dame and Ohio St.

F

FanMan

In decline? Come on. It doesn’t matter to the NBA where you go. Including some school in France or Croatia. You either have it or you don’t. Ja Morant was the #2 pick. Clingan making the league is no less likely at Norte Dame than at UConn. Mike Brey is a solid coach.

So yes, it is “going away to college”. Most college players will never sniff a pro career. Given the trends in the NBA I’m not convinced Clingan is a major prospect.
Clingan is clearly underrated. I fully believe he is league bound. Once he gets into a D1 program, the training and experience he will get will only make him so much better.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Clingan is clearly underrated. I fully believe he is league bound. Once he gets into a D1 program, the training and experience he will get will only make him so much better.
Dickinson has obviously been tremendous. In the limited video I’ve seen on Clingan he looks like a better athlete (and a little overweight so will prob improve that even more) and has better size (i mean would be the best size we’ve had since Thabeet). He also seems quite skilled already. It seems like if he can get in D1 shape in time he’ll be a day 1 impact guy for any program on earth.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
C4EB8E62-6898-44B1-AAB6-54CAAA56CF39.jpeg

Reaction Score
In decline? Come on. It doesn’t matter to the NBA where you go. Including some school in France or Croatia. You either have it or you don’t. Ja Morant was the #2 pick. Clingan making the league is no less likely at Norte Dame than at UConn. Mike Brey is a solid coach.

So yes, it is “going away to college”. Most college players will never sniff a pro career. Given the trends in the NBA I’m not convinced Clingan is a major prospect.

Mike Brey is a perfectly adequate coach but his preference for mock turtlenecks under sport jackets raises some serious red flags in terms of judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom