2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Taking His Time with Recruiting Process (Syracuse on SI) | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Taking His Time with Recruiting Process (Syracuse on SI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope this is not a case where his family and friends are trying to convince him to go to UConn but he is exhibiting a streak of stubbornness by going elsewhere to take the more difficult route and prove he can be successful anywhere.

Reaction Score
I hope this is not a case where his family and friends are trying to convince him to go to UConn but he is exhibiting a streak of stubbornness by going elsewhere to take the more difficult route and prove he can be successful anywhere.
If that were the case, wouldn't he have done the NE Prep School route.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
"Obviously I want to get better and get more schools to offer and interest and stuff. But maybe a couple months from now cut down my schools, maybe a year from now make a decision. I'm not really sure. It's just like all up in the air right now. "
"Right now I don't have my way set on one school or one school I like the most," Clingan said. "So I like them all the same. They were my first offer so that's always going to mean something to me because they had faith in me first. They believed in me from the beginning."
In addition to Syracuse, Clingan has offers from Boston College, Connecticut, Georgetown, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Providence, Rutgers, South Carolina and Virginia Tech.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I mean he’s saying what he should be saying. Giving the media no information so they don’t screw up his experience. I have no inside information but definitely nothing real can be deduced from these quotes.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Maybe he just wants to go to school somewhere else outside of Connecticut to have a different experience. Just to get away from Connecticut.
You could be right, but Syracuse, Canada is not an upgrade. He should take if talents to South Beach if that’s the case.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean he’s saying what he should be saying. Giving the media no information so they don’t screw up his experience. I have no inside information but definitely nothing real can be deduced from these quotes.

I have no idea why anybody would expect anything different. He's still a junior. He's going to want to visit campuses if he can, and that's probably many months away.

People act like this should be a basketball decision, but any of these schools can get you to the NBA. People like Morant have pretty well put the lie to the notion that what school you go to makes a huge difference to the NBA. So go where you're comfortable, where you like the school and coaches.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I have no idea why anybody would expect anything different. He's still a junior. He's going to want to visit campuses if he can, and that's probably many months away.

People act like this should be a basketball decision, but any of these schools can get you to the NBA. People like Morant have pretty well put the lie to the notion that what school you go to makes a huge difference to the NBA. So go where you're comfortable, where you like the school and coaches.
... and where your family can easily see your games, if that's important to you.

Reaction Score
I think in hindsight he and his family are really goin to regret, as are MANY D-1, D-2, and D-3 prospects in Connecticut & Massachusetts, not going prep.

As a high school coach in Connecticut, the CIAC has just been kicking the can down the road and has been oddly quiet for almost a month without providing much in the way of scheduling and/or guidelines for beginning the season.

This article came out about a month ago of the "modifications" approved for Massachusetts basketball, seriously, read it if you need a good laugh.

List of approved rules modifications by MIAA

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
When Chris Smith committed, I remember an article in the Waterbury Republican with the headline "Smith Wants to Put UConn Basketball on the Map". It always resonated with me how committed he was to improving the program in his home state.

We're all drooling over what DH is putting together and DC's commitment would be similar to Smitty's IMO after watching top high school players in CT get out of dodge year after year.

Reaction Score
"Obviously I want to get better and get more schools to offer and interest and stuff. But maybe a couple months from now cut down my schools, maybe a year from now make a decision. I'm not really sure. It's just like all up in the air right now. "
"Right now I don't have my way set on one school or one school I like the most," Clingan said. "So I like them all the same. They were my first offer so that's always going to mean something to me because they had faith in me first. They believed in me from the beginning."
In addition to Syracuse, Clingan has offers from Boston College, Connecticut, Georgetown, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Providence, Rutgers, South Carolina and Virginia Tech.
So there is merit in offering 6th graders? Just to be first?

Reaction Score
Lively is another great big man for c/o22 if Clingan isn’t gonna work out.
I’m borderline afraid to say this but is it possible Lively (or someone similar) could be a better fit? I want DC as much as the next guy but sometimes those behemoth big men are tough to fit into the style of play you’re trying to implement

F

FanMan

A Syracuse reporter interviewed Donovan. Of course they are gonna talk about Syracuse. If a CT reporter interviews Donovan, they will talk about UCONN. To me, he is saying what he should be. He has no idea yet. He's still only 16. He is just like any other teenage recruit and just wants a bunch of offers. It's a kid that's living a dream most of us would love to live. Let him enjoy it. I have a feeling he talks to ALOT of coaches multiple times a week.

Reaction Score
Do we have to overthink this? Some kids are patient, deliberate and thoughtful, rare I know, but still there are some out there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
856AD7BD-7796-4F4F-B5B4-528AE94DB705.png

Reaction Score
He will not go the syacuse. Not sure where he ends up, but that dumpster fire is not the best option for that kid. Notre Dame or Mich State is my guess. Where ever he decides, best of luck to the CT kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom