Clingan Out for Month | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clingan Out for Month

Reaction Score
Is a foot sprain what we used to call an ankle sprain?
NOT a foot doctor but would imagine this is much more in the area of plantar fasciitis/arch sprains than ankle related

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Nope. I got a couple of those playing rugby back in the day. I could run straight ahead, but forget about cutting or pushing off quickly.
” A foot sprain is a stretching or tearing of the ligaments that connect the bones of the foot. A foot strain is a stretching or tearing of the tendons and muscles in the foot. If it is painful to put weight on your foot, your provider may give you a splint or crutches to use while your foot heals. Most minor-to-moderate injuries will heal within 2 to 4 weeks. More severe injuries, such as injuries that need a cast or a boot, will need a longer time to heal, up to 6 to 8 weeks.”

Reaction Score
Strain, not sprain
Thanks, wasn't familiar with foot strains, but I've had numerous ankle sprains and I'm an expert on those.

What Is a Foot Sprain or Strain?​

• A foot sprain is a stretching or tearing of the ligaments that connect the bones of the foot.
  • A foot strain is a stretching or tearing of the tendons and muscles in the foot.

What Causes Foot Sprains and Strains?​

• A sprain or strain occurs most often from a twisting or turning of the ankle or foot.
  • The foot will roll inwards or outwards due to stepping on another person’s foot or stepping in a hole.

Reaction Score
876d1ffd-55a3-43f3-9449-baf7123bb4b9_text.gif

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Not sure a foot strain is the same as an ankle sprain. The problem with foot strains is that they will feel better but there is still underlying structural issues. Unfortunately with a person as tall and large as DC this can be serious. The problem becomes there is no way to tell sometimes if the strain is completely healed but then as soon as the athlete goes full out you just don’t know. He is young so we will hope for the best. But this is not good news because his conditioning is going to suffer and that is a problem. With a month off that puts us at one week before the season opener so he is going to be way behind by the time his is ready.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Not sure a foot strain is the same as an ankle sprain. The problem with foot strains is that they will feel better but there is still underlying structural issues. Unfortunately with a person as tall and large as DC this can be serious. The problem becomes there is no way to tell sometimes if the strain is completely healed but then as soon as the athlete goes full out you just don’t know. He is young so we will hope for the best. But this is not good news because his conditioning is going to suffer and that is a problem. With a month off that puts us at one week before the season opener so he is going to be way behind by the time his is ready.
They are two different things. An ankle is still an ankle and a foot is still a foot.

Reaction Score
As long as I don't see the words 'metatarsal' or 'Lisfranc' I could not care less. Get him on the court for the first exhibition and be done with it.

Reaction Score
Cue the DOOM LOOP.

Career OVER

Season OVER. Just pack up the cats and see ya next season LOL.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
They are two different things. An ankle is still an ankle and a foot is still a foot.
That is what I was saying. I get that. But a strain is related to tendons which connect muscles to bones. That is why these strains can linger or lead to stress fractures. In reality a foot sprain would be better than a strain. Strain just sounds better but in this case that is not true.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
That is what I was saying. I get that. But a strain is related to tendons which connect muscles to bones. That is why these strains can linger or lead to stress fractures. In reality a foot sprain would be better than a strain. Strain just sounds better but in this case that is not true.
I wasn’t disagreeing with you. Someone else posted that they were the same and that no one uses the term “ankle sprain” anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it’s safe to say that the staff will take a cautious approach with their star player. If he’s cleared before opening day then let him loose to wreak havoc. If not ready by then, then it’s time for the bench to step up and cover for him.
Much like when AJ missed time during last years preseason and early games, it may end up being valuable minutes for the front court bench guys which could pay dividends later in the year.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Now he can stay in Maine a bit longer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
No. It could be an arch issue if they're going with "strain.' Or, he irritated the ball of his foot by taking all those treys in practice.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Is it not politically correct? Or are you just trying to make me feel old?
I want to say it was a joke, but if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it make a sound?

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Well now Samson will get to run with the first team during the entire preseason prep time. I think that should help his confidence. And Singare should see time during practice with the first team. If Clingan heals and this injury does not linger this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom