Clingan Out for Month | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Clingan Out for Month

Reaction Score
Those are pesky injuries that eph up a career. He should make sure he is 200% solid. No “seems good”

Reaction Score
Sounds like this is more boneyard paranoia then news good to hear fingers crossed that’s the case.

Reaction Score
Sucks but that’s why Dan said the season relies on depth. Relying on a 7’3” big man to play 25 mpg and 35+ games was always going to be tough, and this will give Samson valuable time to practice with the first team. The season already hinges on how our team backed up Clingan, so better now to figure it out than mid December
The two positions where a competent backup is a must are PG and the 5 .
Sanago going into the 30’s worn him down .
Carlton ( our last real big ) even as a starter never averaged more than 22-23 minutes a game

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Wait until he’s fully cleared, then give him an extra week. Nothing wrong with Samson/Singare handling the beginning of our season.
In a perverse way I almost prefer this.

While I appreciate the benefits of integration within our starting rotation and first off the bench in these early games, Samson and Singare benefit the most from these early season minutes.

Plenty of time for our "veteran", DC to integrate as his healing permits. Happy with his work ethic. He'll be fine.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Guys the staff isn’t gonna rush him back or give him more minutes than he can handle lol they know the situation much, much better than any of us.

Reaction Score
And totally an uneducated guess but I bet the first few opponents aren’t that big, can just play lots of guards and wings with Singare not seeing too much floor

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
And totally an uneducated guess but I bet the first few opponents aren’t that big, can just play lots of guards and wings with Singare not seeing too much floor
He should get as much time as possible during Clingan's absence. He can only benefit from the work, and the staff will get a better idea of what they have to work with.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Every time this thread pops up for a second I think that somethings happened that setback Clingan for another month.

Korean Drama Omg GIF by The Swoon

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We’re on like thread V8 for Cooper Flagg so maybe we need to close this thread out and start a V2 for the Clingan injury when and if there’s new information on his injury and availability date.
Or just change the title to "Clingan injury discussion thread" or something equivalent.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I hate seeing foot injuries. So many 7+ footers have had their careers come to an end bc of foot problems. We should take this very slow. we really don’t need him until what December?

Reaction Score
Guys the staff isn’t gonna rush him back or give him more minutes than he can handle lol they know the situation much, much better than any of us.
How many big men have had chronic foot issues and were under the care of people who knew what they were doing? super conservative is a must.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Or just change the title to "Clingan injury discussion thread" or something equivalent.

It would be funny if the mods created a board just to discuss medical issues of players and BY'ers.

Anyone regardless of education or training can join in on diagnosis, treatment and recovery.

That would be a hoot.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I hate seeing foot injuries. So many 7+ footers have had their careers come to an end bc of foot problems. We should take this very slow. we really don’t need him until what December?
Well, I appreciate your take, and generally agree that he is not "needed" till December.

Still, there is a bushel basket full of benefits, from conditioning to integration within the system (both ways, him playing within it and the game plans working through him). Getting him back on the floor as soon as possible remains a priority.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
How many big men have had chronic foot issues and were under the care of people who knew what they were doing? super conservative is a must.
Somebody call the staff and let them know !!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It would be funny if the mods created a board just to discuss medical issues of players and BY'ers.

Anyone regardless of education or training can join in on diagnosis, treatment and recovery.

That would be a hoot.
Only if they also want a deal on a small camper.

Reaction Score

That would be a hoot.
Psst… BoneyardMD

Reaction Score
I prefer the boneyard arm chair quarterbacking over the DH/KY/LM & trainer advice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom