Clingan Out for Month | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Clingan Out for Month

Reaction Score
We all don't know how serious this foot "strain' is, so let me offer another take. Clingan is decidedly the one player that the success of this season rests on, on both offense and defense. Essentially year round training, but a much more intense six month season here October - March, so maybe Hurley rests his big man while he can, a month of light duty, make sure he doesn't injure the foot worse, stay in the best shape he can, and come back just in time to tune-up for game readiness. Meanwhile everything else keeps chugging along pre-season and Clingan is a plug-in and play. What's the downside, some court chemistry, Clingan getting mildly out of game shape, yet getting a month of rest?

I think good coaching here, and hopefully a very minor injury.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We all don't know how serious this foot "strain' is, so let me offer another take. Clingan is decidedly the one player that the success of this season rests on, on both offense and defense. Essentially year round training, but a much more intense six month season here October - March, so maybe Hurley rests his big man while he can, a month of light duty, make sure he doesn't injure the foot worse, stay in the best shape he can, and come back just in time to tune-up for game readiness. Meanwhile everything else keeps chugging along pre-season and Clingan is a plug-in and play. What's the downside, some court chemistry, Clingan getting mildly out of game shape, yet getting a month of rest?

Sounds good, but Clingan is on the NBA watch list. I would assume he wants to play, unless its absolutely bothersome. Also he's patiently waited a year for this season. Its his turn.

Just saying unless its a major foot issue (e.g. complications), Clingan will be on the Court opening tip.

Reaction Score
I

I think you’re spot on here. Rest time is good for the long run here even if he wasn’t injured….I always thought that Tom Brady’s season opening suspension was really well timed rest that kept him sharp late in the season. These guys also had the Europe trip under their belts already.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Uggh! Not the foot stuff. This worries me when it comes to bigs. I hope its nothing but i absolutely hate hearing foot and big in the same sentence.
This. This is worst possible scenario until it’s not. And too often “not” = never with bigs. Not saying he won’t be fine , no one knows, but with a 7’2” kid I’d prefer to hear about any other injury.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
So I haven’t seen the reports or all of the comments yet. But yes, a strain is usually muscle-tendon and generally will heal, and appropriate rehab can strengthen the foot. They will need to assess his shoes,to see if he’s getting enough support. Sometimes you can give yourself a problem by changing to shoes that aren’t a match for support and/or flexibility. They will probably look at custom insoles for him when he returns.

Hey, seven plus feet tall creates a pounding on hard surfaces. A sprain is worse, and a stress fracture, like talar navicular is even worse. I believe that’s what messed up Andrew Toney’s foot with the Sixers.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
It’s likely a lisfranc ligament sprain (ie stretch of the ligament). Not a huge deal. 4-6 weeks typically.

-Knee/hip/shoulder surgeon that knows a thing or 2 about foot and ankle.
Same

Reaction Score
Sounds good, but Clingan is on the NBA watch list. I would assume he wants to play, unless its absolutely bothersome. Also he's patiently waited a year for this season. Its his turn.

Just saying unless its a major foot issue (e.g. complications), Clingan will be on the Court opening tip.

I hope not. If the normal healing time is a month. Give him six weeks. Sit him until December. No one ever won the National Championship on opening night.

I want him healthy in March. Could care less about opening tip.

Reaction Score
Lose win situation. Clingan out but we all know what he can do, and young kids getting more floor and development. Team will benefit later on in the season.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So I haven’t seen the reports or all of the comments yet. But yes, a strain is usually muscle-tendon and generally will heal, and appropriate rehab can strengthen the foot. They will need to assess his shoes,to see if he’s getting enough support. Sometimes you can give yourself a problem by changing to shoes that aren’t a match for support and/or flexibility. They will probably look at custom insoles for him when he returns.

Hey, seven plus feet tall creates a pounding on hard surfaces. A sprain is worse, and a stress fracture, like talar navicular is even worse. I believe that’s what messed up Andrew Toney’s foot with the Sixers.
It’s good to hear this was the best case scenario as far as foot injuries go for DC.

Reaction Score
I really don’t see a point in him playing. I don’t want him to wait until MSG, because he should have some game-speed minutes before then. But rushing him back for the first game doesn’t feel wise with this kind of injury

I'm guessing he'll be on a pretty strict minutes restriction when he comes back regardless. If he can play 10 mins a piece vs NAU and Stonehill, it would be good for the team. But can't complain if Samson and Singare get extra run either. Chemistry from the bench is never a bad thing.

Reaction Score
I feel like we’ll all be watching those first few games like hawks. I’m hoping he’s “good to go” for N Arizona but only plays a few minutes just to get some burn in

Reaction Score
I really don’t see a point in him playing. I don’t want him to wait until MSG, because he should have some game-speed minutes before then. But rushing him back for the first game doesn’t feel wise with this kind of injury
They're not going to rush him back, they're going to be as cautious as possible to make sure he's completely healed and ready for game action. His future as a basketball player depends on his foot health and our season depends on his health.

They'll play him if he's ready, if it's the first game that means he's ready.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom