Clingan Nicknames | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clingan Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cling Kong is solid, two syllables.

Bristol Chomp has two syllables as well.

DC is short and sweet that I’m warming up to

Clingon is OG
I like King Cling too.

Gold Crown King GIF by SureYeah

Reaction Score
As I said in another thread, Cling Kong is perfect especially with BET at MSG and East Regionals at MSG this year.

Just get the pic of him wrapped around the Empire State Building and update it every game with the opposing team's logo filling in for the airplanes with Clingan swatting them away.

Um it's gonna be a little hard finding 'a pic of him wrapped around the Empire State Building' so here's the next best thing.

Attachments

• 20221211_205502.jpg
    20221211_205502.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 64

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I can't decide if I should lock this threat, delete this thread or just leave it open to see what people suggest after the obvious has been established.

Reaction Score
Oh great, the haiku syllable police have arrived. It's serious business, that's for sure. Go ahead and control things Jeeves.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Oh great, the haiku syllable police have arrived. It's serious business, that's for sure. Go ahead and control things Jeeves.
There's no possibility of ever controlling things here, so the suggestion amuses me

It honors the haiku form to be respectful of it, and haiku stokes the mojo in service of our team's success.

Reaction Score
My wife Mrs. Fleud, who watched a lot of Star Trek and is a huge men’s basketball fan would love to see a large subset of students wear Worf masks to games and come up with a chant in Clingan to say after every dunk that Donovan makes. She even found a website that translates English phrases into Clingan.

Ma Ja Chuk is Clingan for We Will Destroy You!

Think this can create media hype.
blH Duj

Reaction Score
As I said in another thread, Cling Kong is perfect especially with BET at MSG and East Regionals at MSG this year.

Just get the pic of him wrapped around the Empire State Building and update it every game with the opposing team's logo filling in for the airplanes with Clingan swatting them away.
Marketing genius!

Reaction Score
There's no possibility of ever controlling things here, so the suggestion amuses me

It honors the haiku form to be respectful of it, and haiku stokes the mojo in service of our team's success.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well, right?
Hans tries to control
Telling people not to post
A true hypocrite.

I'll get to the mojo service later.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hans tries to control
A true hypocrite.

Well, you got the haiku right, so there’s that. Maybe you want to relax a little bit? Just a suggestion.

Reaction Score
Well, you got the haiku right, so there’s that. Maybe you want to relax a little bit? Just a suggestion.
Well, at least Hans will find your post amusing, so there's that.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hans tries to control
A true hypocrite.

The words I chose in my uncharacteristically brief post that set this discussion in motion were intended to make fun of somebody else, by making fun of myself. "Please" was the 'tell.'

FTR, @HooperScooper played it straight with a purely educational 'correction,' which I noted with appreciation.

Within the haiku threads, my goal throughout is improved fan performance in support of Husky victories. I'm a cheerleader. My commitment to counting is very easy to make fun of, and the physical act of counting 5-7-5 is often more stressful than gratifying. Nonetheless, it's a responsibility I've taken on in accordance with the saying, "If you think it affects the mojo, then it affects the mojo."

I'm eager to read your thoughts on mojo.

As a term, "haiku police" strikes me as a derisive slap that muddies the water; if you have a genuine grievance you want to communicate, I prefera straighter path. But I'm disinclined to try to control you or imagine I can do so.

That said, snarky complaining about efforts to uphold certain accepted standards, formal rules, traditions and such are about on par with and as absurd as, for example, slurring basketball referees as "rules police" whenever they make a call after a player shuffles his feet, sets a moving screen, or steps on the end line. "Hey rules boy, you must think you're so cool with your striped shirt & whistle..."

I've seen dozens of ways that people's Boneyard errors are interpreted, criticized, lampooned, etc. You chose exasperated sarcasm to register distaste that would have added up to, "Not funny," if you'd recognized the joke for what it was. But hey, elsewhere in this thread, somebody offered some Clingan language tips and something else label "pretty basic," and earned a "NERD" gif that got Likes & Laughs for their effort. Some thanks.

In your favor, you didn't call people who were amused by someone absent-mindedly writing that "Bristol chomp" was 2 syllables "number Nazis."

Extra-tiresome bonus: there is a decent body of opinion that it is bad mojo to write haiku outside of the Game Day Haiku Thread. Not all agree. I've evolved to where I nearly always contain my haiku within designated threads; otherwise, I'd have likely replied here in 3 lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom