Clingan is an an absolute monster | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Clingan is an an absolute monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Samson Johnson will probably never play meaningful basketball at UConn. And where does anyone think Sanogo is going?

Reaction Score
I wish Hurley would do offense and defense substitutions with Clingan for defense, Sanogo for offense in the final two minutes. It stinks having our only rim protector and best rebounder glued to the bench when we are trying to hold on to a lead.

Reaction Score
Samson Johnson will probably never play meaningful basketball at UConn. And where does anyone think Sanogo is going?
Would think Sanogo leaves and starts earning either in the g league or overseas. Don’t think he’s coming back.

Reaction Score

C Donovan Clingan (UConn)​

Height/Weight: 7-2/265
High school: Bristol (CT) Bristol Central
2022 On3 150: No. 33
2022 On3 Industry Ranking: No. 46

2022-23 stats: 7.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 1.9 blocks, 65.9% FG

Donovan Clingan has been an interesting prospect all season, developing what seems like a niche following around basketball circles. The 7-foot-2 center has not started any games for the Huskies, yet he is tied for fourth and leading all freshmen in the Big East in blocked shots.

Clingan played on the independent Hoop Group Circuit and for his local public high school at Bristol (CT) Bristol Central. The footer was the 2022 Connecticut Gatorade Player of the Yearafter averaging 29.9 points, 18.1 rebounds, and 6.1 blocks as a senior.

Clingan has become an analytical darling as his advanced numbers are very high. In recent seasons, Walker Kessler is a 7-foot-0-plus player who had big analytical numbers as a freshman in a limited role and took a big step in production from year one to year two. Clingan is popping up on 2023 NBA Draft boards, mostly as a mid to high-second rounder.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
More muscle/explosiveness with better finishing next season and we have a player of the year candidate in college basketball.

His shots are fine, he just has the curse that keeps putting shots just off the rim, like Oriakhi in 11-12 season and Daniel Hamilton in his second season. Just inexplicable misses of good shots. Scheffer (who I saw at the game the other night) kinda had that in his 2nd season here. He will start finishing those without much adjustment, he has a nice touch. I think he rushes a little bit. Still getting used to the speed difference in College. When he slows it down, he will be fine.

He's exceeded my expectations by a lot. Just a defensive monster.

Reaction Score
Not nearly enough shootinh
Perhaps. But a starting five of Castle, Jackson, Karaban, Sanogo and Clingan would have to be the biggest starting five all time at UConn and would dominate at the rim and off the boards. Might not be pretty but that five would win a lot of games.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Perhaps. But a starting five of Castle, Jackson, Karaban, Sanogo and Clingan would have to be the biggest starting five all time at UConn and would dominate at the rim and off the boards. Might not be pretty but that five would win a lot of games.
No outside threats

Reaction Score
I don’t understand. Are you saying Sanogo is coming back to UConn? Are you saying Jackson is coming back?

Reaction Score
I don’t understand. Are you saying Sanogo is coming back to UConn? Are you saying Jackson is coming back?
I have no idea who is coming back and who is leaving and couldn’t begin to guess though it appears Hawkins will be ready to declare for the draft.

My comment was in response to Someone who asked what happens if Sanogo does return Like that would be a problem for Hurley and clingan. I was just saying if that were to happen I don’t see it as a problem. Or at least it would be a good problem to have.

But we’re getting ahead ourselves here and that’s a discussion better to have four, five or hopefully six weeks from now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom