Clingan is an an absolute monster | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clingan is an an absolute monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tschiebwe made tons of NIL $ still without being a citizen.

I'm assuming that's why he and Samson were down in the Bahamas this winter break. Oscar had his big deal in the Bahamas too, I think.

5 years ago, Adama to the pros would have been a given. With NIL it does complicate things. You've gotta imagine much more of the second-round types will stay in college.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming that's why he and Samson were down in the Bahamas this winter break. Oscar had his big deal in the Bahamas too, I think.

5 years ago, Adama to the pros would have been a given. With NIL it does complicate things. You've gotta imagine much more of the second-round types will stay in college.
Yeah, pretty sure that is why they were there. Probably easier to pull that stuff off at Kentucky as well, but I'm sure if he has interest in coming back they will do their best to support him regardless of what the Clingan fanboys want.

Reaction Score
Yeah, pretty sure that is why they were there. Probably easier to pull that stuff off at Kentucky as well, but I'm sure if he has interest in coming back they will do their best to support him regardless of what the Clingan fanboys want.
Everyone wants him back but it's not going to work unless Hurley is truly committed to playing them together. Saying that doesn't make you a Clingan fanboy.

Reaction Score
Everyone wants him back but it's not going to work unless Hurley is truly committed to playing them together. Saying that doesn't make you a Clingan fanboy.
I want them both back and for Hurley to play the lineups that give us the best chance to win.

Reaction Score
I thought there were quite a few articles about Adama leaving after 3 years… which this would be his last year

Reaction Score
I thought there were quite a few articles about Adama leaving after 3 years… which this would be his last year

I mean sure, but if he gets some million dollar NIL offer (he won't), it would be silly to leave when he isn't going to be drafted.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see the min share % between Adama and Donovan for our kill shot runs. In the early season it felt like we got that distance quite a bit when DC entered the game. Obviously the substitution patterns of the opponents have a lot to do that with that and DC does start huffing and puffing after extended minutes. I like the change of pace he offers when he comes in with Diarra and its a really good sign the bench is starting to get distance again. Credit to Alleyne as well.
It’s not Clingan vs Sanogo, it’s what those two can do together

Reaction Score
Difference is that Bacot can make NIL $. Sanogo is not allowed to since he isn't an American citizen.

Even with a deep run, I think Sanogo needs to go pro and start making money. He only has so many years playing the game, not including the risk of injury.
Question about NIL. If Adama can’t get any how come there is Sanogo merch available? Does that nil money go anywhere?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Clingan isn't going to be a bench player next season, that's the point.

Yeah if both are on the team next year there's no question both will be starters and play significant minutes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I want them both back and for Hurley to play the lineups that give us the best chance to win.
Then what do you do with Johnson, Karaban and Jackson? What about the incoming freshmen?

Clingan and Karaban will demand 30+ minutes a game and deservedly so. This year might be the best and only chance to play double bigs with Sanogo and Clingan.

Reaction Score
Yeah if both are on the team next year there's no question both will be starters and play significant minutes.
Well it's interesting because Clingan has been getting the Edey comparisons non-stop this year, rightfully so. But in his sophomore year Trevion Williams did come back and they basically just split time 20/20 and never played together. Purdue got a two seed but was upset by St Peters.

Reaction Score
Clingan was cool with being the backup this year I believe he said at the beginning of the year… and Sanogo is going to leave after 3 years.. which would be after this year…

Reaction Score
Then what do you do with Johnson, Karaban and Jackson? What about the incoming freshmen?

Clingan and Karaban will demand 30+ minutes a game and deservedly so. This year might be the best and only chance to play double bigs with Sanogo and Clingan.
80 minutes at the 4 and 5 aren't too difficult to split up between Sanogo/Clingan/Karaban. 25 minutes at the 5 for Clingan, 15 minute at the 5 for Sanogo and 10 at the 4. Other 30 go to Karaban, and if Sanogo/Clingan are playing particularly well and need more minutes you hide Karaban at the 3 for 5 minutes

Reaction Score
I cannot wait to see Clingan shoot a three in a game. He’s not coming off the bench next year.

Reaction Score
Well it's interesting because Clingan has been getting the Edey comparisons non-stop this year, rightfully so. But in his sophomore year Trevion Williams did come back and they basically just split time 20/20 and never played together. Purdue got a two seed but was upset by St Peters.
Purdue was a three seed.

I really thought Painter blew it last year.

pj

Reaction Score
80 minutes at the 4 and 5 aren't too difficult to split up between Sanogo/Clingan/Karaban. 25 minutes at the 5 for Clingan, 15 minute at the 5 for Sanogo and 10 at the 4. Other 30 go to Karaban, and if Sanogo/Clingan are playing particularly well and need more minutes you hide Karaban at the 3 for 5 minutes

Well, but Samson Johnson will get minutes next year, and maybe Youssouf Singare or Yarin Hasson will compete for minutes. This roster was designed on the assumption that Sanogo would be leaving.

Clingan backed up by Singare, Karaban backed up by Johnson, and Hasson in the Richie Springs role seems most likely. Roumoglou is listed as a guard but at 6'7" could be a stretch 4 in some lineups.

Reaction Score
Well, but Samson Johnson will get minutes next year, and maybe Youssouf Singare or Yarin Hasson will compete for minutes. This roster was designed on the assumption that Sanogo would be leaving.

Clingan backed up by Singare, Karaban backed up by Johnson, and Hasson in the Richie Springs role seems most likely. Roumoglou is listed as a guard but at 6'7" could be a stretch 4 in some lineups.

I don't think we should expect Singare to be ready to play--he's physical but raw. Johnson, Hasson, Roumoglou might play... but probably not. It's rare that someone goes from not seeing a meaningful minute of basketball to being a rotation player. It happens, but you can hardly expect it.

Reaction Score
More muscle/explosiveness with better finishing next season and we have a player of the year candidate in college basketball.
Yep. Teams have scouted him enough to know that this year, if you keep him just far away enough to not dunk, that he’ll likely throw up a rushed, off-balanced shot vs. setting up, bodying to to basket, and going up strong (a la Sanogo, but with almost a foot more height).

When he figures that out, he will literally be unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24