Clingan going to work this summer! | The Boneyard

Clingan going to work this summer!

Reaction Score
I'm not going to hold my breathe on Clingan shooting 3s based on his FT issues. I'm sure he'll continue working on it, and if he manages to be a threat from 3 in a limited capacity like Adama, we will be a much better team for it.

I thought it was interesting that Hurley had a manager track his sideline antics being on TV, and that helped him to cut some of the histrionics. Feels like Coach grew as a professional throughout this season and it paid off.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He’ll be the most impactful defensive player in the sport. Can’t wait to see what he adds to his offense over the off season.
Can be Anthony Davis like on both ends this year.

Reaction Score
Are there any national teams he could participate in? Under 20 or whatever. Does that type of thing still happen. If i were putting together that type of team DC would be the first person I called.

Reaction Score
Would be nice to bring up that FT percentage
He should try out one handed. Jeremy Sochan for the Spurs was a terrible FT shooter as well and since he switched to one handed he's shot over 70% from the line this past season

Reaction Score
He has reasonably decent form. Maybe a touch more arc? Just a little softer.

I think he will settle in around mid 70s. Almost every miss is the same which is a good thing as it leads me to believe his release is consistent.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
relaxing michael jordan GIF

Newton and Cling Kong

Reaction Score
Improving at the line ought to be a huge goal for him next season because he will be there a ton. I think Donovan really should hit at least 65% from the line. Remember he was 75% until his last growth spurt that he has said changed his release point. Making FT's was his mother's major emphasis with him, and we know her influence in his thinking. If you want something to worry about, Singare was like 0-11 or 0-13 from the line in one stretch last summer. Refs are going to put Donovan on the bench with 2 fouls probably in half the games next year. So far we have small ball or Singare/Johnson as our options. I think we will be using more than 10 fouls at the center position next year. I have no doubts in Clingan & Singare's play. I have huge doubts about being able to avoid foul trouble.

Reaction Score
I think he will settle in around mid 70s. Almost every miss is the same which is a good thing as it leads me to believe his release is consistent.

You're suggesting he increase his FT% from 52% to 75%. That seems like a stretch. Sanogo is one of our most improved shooters EVER, and went from 58%, to 69% to 77%. I think a reasonable goal for Clingan would be mid-60s at this stage with a long-term project of getting to the mid-70s when he's in the league.

You're generally right... his release is sort of consistent--he's missing because he has no arc.

He holds the ball too far from his face and doesn't start with the ball at his hip. His life is too far from his body and he tends to hold the ball on the center line and doesn't get the center of his hand under the ball. His lower body looks pretty consistent though, IIRC.

No, you can't fix all of that. No one's FT is perfect. As long as he gets enough arc and shoots the same shot every time, that's all that really matters.

If I'm coaching him up on FTs, I'm going back to basics. That growth spurt through everything out of whack. Hand position on the ball, start the shot on the hip, keep the ball close to your body. working his way back to the FT line from little six-foot jumpers. Forget # of makes or takes--just take shots with perfect form.

I suspect he'll be working with some high-level NBA guys this summer like Hawkins did last year. Should get a ton of great feedback.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Impressed with his work ethic.. Took notes playing against Adama and his motor last year in practice.. He will also benefit from playing against Samson/Singare wingspans/shot-blocking this off-season..Helps everyone.

SnC and conditioning will be important this summer as he continues to grow into his body ..

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
He has a nice stroke both from the free throw line and from what I’ve seen in video, behind the three point line. Just a few tweaks and he should be similar to Steph Curry next year. No pressure….

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Over/under on Clingan 3 point attempts this year? I'll go with over 12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom