Clingan debuts at #47 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Clingan debuts at #47

Reaction Score
Pikiell is from Bristol, and I probably wouldn’t laugh about a Big 10 offer. Even though I obviously want him to go to the good guys, it’s fun to see a CT kid get this much attention.
^^^ this... Pikiell being from Bristol might be a big deal... maybe he knew the parents (although I think he’s a few years older).

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing this kid isn’t already locked in, I bet he already gave Hurley silent verbal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Add Yale to the mix too, so you know this guy can perform in the classroom too.

Current official list of offers:

Big East: UConn, Providence, Georgetown
ACC: Syracuse, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Boston College
Big Ten: Michigan State, Maryland, Iowa, Rutgers
Etc: Yale, UMass

I love how Hurley has been able to watch Clingan play live against his son a few times without the confines of recruiting.

In terms of ability, locality, grit, book smarts, this guy is a home run target.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Joe Chatman, director of Donovan Clingan's AAU program Team Spartan recently talked to irishsportsdaily.com and spoke about what makes Clingan a special player, his skillset, and potential school visits.

An excerpt from the write-up:

Chatman says Clingan’s skillset is a blend of old school and new age.

“What I mean by that is that he has an ability to play with his back to the basket, but he also can step out, pick-and-pop and make a three,” says Chatman. “You can start your offense with him, giving him the ball at the high-post, mid-post and he can make plays out of that. He’s very, very, very interesting. It’s scary how good he can be.”

Reaction Score
It is going to be lots of fun seeing his development and career unfold. He truly seems like a can't miss prospect. Not sure UConn has ever had a Center with an offensive skillset like this. Exciting to think about him in a UConn uniform.

Reaction Score
I dont usually have sources but I heard in the past week that we are in great shape with this kid. Obviously with all these new offers over the past few days anything can happen. But you know if we lose him it wont be due to the effort of this coaching staff.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I’ve posted this here before, but I will say it again, he is a unique prospect given his size and skill set, but the thing I like the most about him is he is a really good kid from a good family. I think that is often missed or under emphasized. He is exactly the kind a guy you want to build a program around.

Reaction Score
Another article.

Joe Chatman, Clingan’s coach with the Boston Spartans, raved about his upside.

“Personally, last year I reached out to every coach in our area and told them I thought the kid was the best low-post 14-year-old I’ve ever seen,” Chatman told ZAGSBLOG.

“But what he’s done recently is work on his range. He’s shooting the 3 fairly well for a guy his size. His passing ability for a guy that young, like [Jim] Boeheim was saying when he first saw him last year, out of double-teams is unparalleled. It’s better than most bigs at the college level now.

“His passing ability and his ability to play inside and out is phenomenal for a kid that’s only 16 years old.”

Reaction Score
Did someone else post this article?

He grew 2 inches since March?

Clingan said he has put on between 20-25 pounds (260 currently) and grown almost 2 inches since the basketball season ended in March. He is unsure when he will make a verbal commitment, but there isn’t any rush with two more seasons at Bristol Central.

A quote I'm sure a lot of Yarders would be interested in.

So that leaves some unfinished business for Clingan at Bristol Central. Staying put – and not transferring to a prep school – is something he said the college coaches have supported.

“They all agree with me on why I’m staying at Bristol Central,” Clingan said. “I know I’m not leaving right now and I don’t plan on leaving. There is no reason for me to leave.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Joe Chatman, director of Donovan Clingan's AAU program Team Spartan recently talked to irishsportsdaily.com and spoke about what makes Clingan a special player, his skillset, and potential school visits.

An excerpt from the write-up:

Chatman says Clingan’s skillset is a blend of old school and new age.

“What I mean by that is that he has an ability to play with his back to the basket, but he also can step out, pick-and-pop and make a three,” says Chatman. “You can start your offense with him, giving him the ball at the high-post, mid-post and he can make plays out of that. He’s very, very, very interesting. It’s scary how good he can be.”

Let's hope his father isn't a member of the Ancient Order of Hibernians seeing he listed ND first on his list of recent contacts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom