Clingan debuts at #47 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clingan debuts at #47

Reaction Score
My own view is that Clingan's ranking upside will be in the 30's in 2022 but might only slightly rise from here, based on the way Hunter Dickinson is valued in 2020 at #32 now dropping to #41. Dickinson has +2" and +30lbs on Clingan at the moment, is the same style player, but, is also a very good 3 point shooter who takes multiple attempts per game. I've watched Dickinson 3x/4x and he is an impact player. I just think the raters love the rim protecting bigs that are fleet and look pretty, a la Mark Williams this year at #27 and Evan Mobley at #3 who I saw get way outplayed by Lance Ware @ #37. There is a bit of bias against the style of a Clingan, (but not in my eyes). Caveat; I should say I have not yet seen Clingan in person.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
clingan is the first 5* type player to come out of CT since drummond's 2013 class so it can't be a bunch. diallo and akok went to PSA but they weren't home grown.

personally, i dont care where a recruit comes from, but it's undeniable that there's added excitement about keeping elite in-state talent at home because it's so rare. There also seems to be a deeper connection and level of pride for a lot of fans to those players. Clingan will be a fan favorite the day he commits.

guys like akok and diallo were universally desired but not as much as clingan seems to be. similarly, i didn't follow recruiting 7 years ago but everyone in CT knew about drummond before he commited, even my parents.

You said universally desired 'recruit'. Not 'homegrown' recruit. So I wasn't even talking about that.

Reaction Score
It would be great to have a Klingon on the court for the Huskies. Imagine the intimidation factor.

worf_what-e1439389305558-640x400.jpg

BCF

Reaction Score
clingan is the first 5* type player to come out of CT since drummond's 2013 class so it can't be a bunch. diallo and akok went to PSA but they weren't home grown.

personally, i dont care where a recruit comes from, but it's undeniable that there's added excitement about keeping elite in-state talent at home because it's so rare. There also seems to be a deeper connection and level of pride for a lot of fans to those players. Clingan will be a fan favorite the day he commits.

guys like akok and diallo were universally desired but not as much as clingan seems to be. similarly, i didn't follow recruiting 7 years ago but everyone in CT knew about drummond before he commited, even my parents.

How quickly we forget Heron

Reaction Score

Yeah huh. Funny thing is we would've been happy to get him when he left Auburn but it's turned out good we didn't. Would've eaten up a space Bouk and others may have been hesitant about. He is a good player but has fallen short of that impact guy people somewhat expected.

Reaction Score
yep my B. something wrong with the 247 records. he doesnt show up when sorting by state for 2016.

Reaction Score
He lives in CT and we won championships in 2011 and 2014. It always amazes me how people pick their teams sometimes. But hey its America.

He’s 16, unless his dad was a big UConn fan, in 2011 and even 2014 it’s hard to expect a kid to gravitate towards UConn at that age.

Reaction Score
Michigan fan.
My own view is that Clingan's ranking upside will be in the 30's in 2022 but might only slightly rise from here, based on the way Hunter Dickinson is valued in 2020 at #32 now dropping to #41. Dickinson has +2" and +30lbs on Clingan at the moment, is the same style player, but, is also a very good 3 point shooter who takes multiple attempts per game. I've watched Dickinson 3x/4x and he is an impact player.
interesting coincidence...is hunter a future pro? he sounds like a bigger kevin pittsnogle.

Reaction Score
Am I a jerk for thinking that Weingarten could really use an editor? He seems to get good enough info. He’d help his career prospects by improving his writing skills.
I was thinking the same thing reading this article. Kind of hurt my head trying to decipher some of his sentences. Though how old is he? I think he is very young so he has time to get better.

BCF

Reaction Score
yep my B. something wrong with the 247 records. he doesnt show up when sorting by state for 2016.

That's weird. He is listed at 22 in the national rankings but not in the state rankings

Reaction Score
Pikiell is from Bristol, and I probably wouldn’t laugh about a Big 10 offer. Even though I obviously want him to go to the good guys, it’s fun to see a CT kid get this much attention.
It was not a laugh at him or the offer at all. I was laughing at Rutgers cause they’re Rutgers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom